30 Cities with highest murder rates

Those laws were passed AT THE REQUEST of black leaders to give their communities more protection from the drug that was, to quote them, "committing genocide on their own people".

ONly someone ignorant of what was actually happening at the time, could present this as "evidence" of racism.

I lived though that time, and I saw people use both. From my observations, crack cocaine is worse, and should be dealt with more severely.

YOu might disagree. Maybe I am even wrong. But my opinion is sincere and not designed to punish crack users more than power users.

Like hell they were. Black leaders did not ask the government to pass laws that put more young Black men in jail in laws at a 100 to 1 ratio to a drug predominantly used by whites......

Yes, they did. They saw the harm being done to blacks by crack and wanted the dealers to be stopped.

You ever watch a movie called New Jack City? From 1991?

You are using a fictional movie as a source to support your argument? Are you serious?

The stories we tell, tell a lot about US.

New Jack City is a window into what Hollywood thought of the crack epidemic in the late 80s/early 90s.

And it is exactly as I said it was. NOt from the government. NOt from some rightwing guy, but from one of the strongest stronghold of modern day liberalism.

Did you see it? Do you know what happens to the main character at the end?

It's a FICTIONAL MOVIE... come back with FACTS. Jesus.

You made a claim about the motivation of people in the late 80s and early 90s.

I have offered my personal observations from that time, AND a movie made at that time, that verifies what I have stated about the perceptions of the people of that time, with regard to crack cocaine.

You have offered your unsupported opinion.

If you have not watched it, you should. As an educational period piece.

This is amazing. I'm in a thread discussing a topic that is the basis of my college degrees that I have studied statistics, studies, and facts for 6 years...

And one of the people arguing against me wants to use a fictional movie as a resource to support their position. Wow.

You have made a claim about the motivations of people from a period of time I recall personally.

THe movie is an insight into how people of that time period thought.

The relevance of that, to your claim about the motivations of people at that time, is obvious.

Your denial of that, looks like moral cowardice.

This is amazing. I'm in a thread discussing a topic that is the basis of my college degrees that I have studied statistics, studies, and facts for 6 years...

And one of the people arguing against me wants to use a fictional movie as a resource to support their position. Wow.

I take it you are too young to personally remember the 90s?

There is a reason the numbers of Blacks being arrested for crimes and are locked up and serving longer jail time, it's called systemic racism. Don't believe me? Look at the 100 to 1 law created in the 1980's were people arrested for crack were given jail sentences the same as those with cocaine sentences under mandatory minimum sentencing at a 100 to 1 ratio. It was SPECIFICALLY created to target BLACKS and the government was spreading this lie that crack cocaine was more addictive and worse than powder cocaine, so if a person was caught with 5 grams of crack, they would receive the SAME mandatory minimum sentence as a person caught with 500 grams of powder cocaine. Do you have any idea how many rich white people got busted with cocaine in the 1980s and didn't get shit for it?

So, they didn't commit the crimes they were convicted of.

Are you a scientist or not? Do you understand percentages or not? Do you understand experiments or not?

Serious questions because there is no need to move on and answer your question if none of what you have posed about your life in the past is true.

Of course I do. The problem is, you don't.

If you do then how in the hell can you believe in such a spurious relationship between race and crime? How can you believe in statements without doing proper research into the subject? Try looking into mass incarceration. Try looking into hot spot policing. Try looking into Broken Windows Policing. Try looking into how J. Edgar Hoover had the FBI target Black leaders and Blacks in the late 50s and 60s creating fake crimes just to get them arrested and put in jail. Do you know when the war on drugs started? I bet you think it started i the 80s with Reagan? Nope it started in the 60s with Nixon as he used it to target Blacks, hippies, and war protesters that made him look bad.

Do you know what demographic is the largest user and SELLER of illegal marijuana and prescription medicine in the country? Do you know what the sentencing discrepancy is in the United States is between white and Black people for the EXACT same crime?

Last question. Do you want to continue to think Black people are just bad people that commit more crime than white people and deserve to be locked up more, or would you like to learn if that is actually true or not? Because all you have to do is look at the things I just brought up and it will tell you.

One headline sets off a shit storm of denial and deflections, and the obvious questions are never asked or even considered:

How many homicides were committed by the use of a firearm?

How many guns used were stolen?

How many of the killers bought a gun legally, and their record suggests they ought not to own or possess a gun?

Of course the single presumption made was, it had to be a black guy.

Wry, take a look at the last 5 mass shooters. ALL of them were known, they all had committed crimes and ALL of them were let loose to go kill.

And all of them got a gun. Explain that, or do you agree with Trump and the NRA that no solution exists, so let's keep doing what we've been doing and pray for the dead and their family, friends and colleagues.

A solution exists but your terrified of him.

Savior.jpeg

No. I am not, and it is part of why I will not vote for Biden. He was a large supporter of the 1994 Clinton Crime Bill that Hillary deemed Black youth "Super predators." Now he won't own it and just tries to change the subject.

That has NOTHING to do with the fact you are trying to use a FICTIONAL movie to support your argument. If the movie is real, you should easily be able to find facts then right?

The only time that I have been threatened with violence within the last year was by a middle aged white guy wearing a MAGA hat who confronted me in a Circle K gas station, who invited me outside to duke it out over my anti-Trump bumper sticker.

Sounds like you avoid black neighborhoods.

I avoid Montana and Idaho, where you have to be a certified RW nut in order to live there.
And yet very little crime occurs in those two states. I wonder why?

Because they arm themselves and take over federal land in Oregon, Nevada, and then come down here to AZ and Texas, making it necessary for the National Guard and the Army to tell them to go home, with their camos and AR-15s.
LOL

Nobodys impressed with modern education. It has produced at least a couple generations of fools with no real world, life experiences

No. I am not, and it is part of why I will not vote for Biden. He was a large supporter of the 1994 Clinton Crime Bill that Hillary deemed Black youth "Super predators." Now he won't own it and just tries to change the subject.

That has NOTHING to do with the fact you are trying to use a FICTIONAL movie to support your argument. If the movie is real, you should easily be able to find facts then right?

You made a claim about the motivations of people operating in the 90s.

The movie as a period piece, made during that very timeframe, shows you how people of the time thought of the issue of crack cocaine. And I am not talking about conservatives, nor government, but freaking HOLLYWOOD, which was just as much lefty then, as it is now.

YOu are happy to smear millions of good people as racist, based on assumptions of their motives, and you are not open to even listening to what they had to say, AT THAT HISTORICAL TIME ABOUT THE ISSUE you supposedly care so much about.

You really should watch it.

Not surprisingly the top ten murder cities still include the usual suspects like Detroit, New Orleans, Baltimore. Surprisingly Chicago doesn't make the list probably because everyone moved away or the census takers were murdered before they could take an accurate count of the citizens.

One headline sets off a shit storm of denial and deflections, and the obvious questions are never asked or even considered:

How many of the killers bought a gun legally, and their record suggests they ought not to own or possess a gun?

Wry, take a look at the last 5 mass shooters. ALL of them were known, they all had committed crimes and ALL of them were let loose to go kill.

And all of them got a gun. Explain that, or do you agree with Trump and the NRA that no solution exists, so let's keep doing what we've been doing and pray for the dead and their family, friends and colleagues.

View attachment 279297
what about allah and muhammad?--Indonesia murder rate 5 times lower than Christian USA
.......Honduras, Venezuela and El Salvador all catholic countries but have some of the highest murder rates
Countries ranked by Intentional homicides (per 100,000 people)

They should have been in jail. Had they been in jail, they would not have been able to get the gun in the first place.

In other words, enforce the laws that are ALREADY on the books.

How simple is that. Problem is you don't get the mass murders you need for the propaganda campaign.

Your problems are you are too simple minded. We already have more people in prison, jails and juvenile detention than any other nation-state in the world.

And you want to incarcerate more for longer periods. Those in custody are already disaffected persons, and many more live in a dystopian existence.

The solution is not more callous conservatism, i.e. Trumpism. It is time for compassion, and a new path. One which is guided by the Sermon on the Mount [ don't infer that I'm religious, or even believe the historical Jesus was anything more than an inspired man; I see all organized religions as nothing more than a political party].

Not surprisingly the top ten murder cities still include the usual suspects like Detroit, New Orleans, Baltimore. Surprisingly Chicago doesn't make the list probably because everyone moved away or the census takers were murdered before they could take an accurate count of the citizens.
very pro-gun St Louis has double the murder rate of Chicago
St Louis has been named the most dangerous city at times--Chi not even in the top 10

View attachment 279297
what about allah and muhammad?--Indonesia murder rate 5 times lower than Christian USA
.......Honduras, Venezuela and El Salvador all catholic countries but have some of the highest murder rates
Countries ranked by Intentional homicides (per 100,000 people)
Allah doesnt allow his slaves any freedom of choice
We are a Christian INFLUENCED culture. You are not required to accept Christ or die (at least not until Judgement Day)

They should have been in jail. Had they been in jail, they would not have been able to get the gun in the first place.

In other words, enforce the laws that are ALREADY on the books.

How simple is that. Problem is you don't get the mass murders you need for the propaganda campaign.

Your problems are you are too simple minded. We already have more people in prison, jails and juvenile detention than any other nation-state in the world.

And you want to incarcerate more for longer periods. Those in custody are already disaffected persons, and many more live in a dystopian existence.

The solution is not more callous conservatism, i.e. Trumpism. It is time for compassion, and a new path. One which is guided by the Sermon on the Mount [ don't infer that I'm religious, or even believe the historical Jesus was anything more than an inspired man; I see all organized religions as nothing more than a political party].

Yes, we have non violent offenders in prison, and violent criminals keep getting set free.

How about we reverse that. Keep the violent offenders in prison forever, and use work programs for the others.

We know that 80%of the violent crime is committed by 8% of the criminal population. Why are they ever let out?

Yes, it is a simple problem with a simple solution. Why do progressives continue to let that 8% walk free?

The murder rate can be predicted based on one thing, and one thing only, the number of black people who live in the city. Call me a racist, but you know it's true.
.....take away the black murders and the US still has a murder rate more than double of UK, etc

The UK only has 66 million people.
and?

Are you like I am 2 and asslips?
great reply
Sri Lanka has 22 million

The murder rate can be predicted based on one thing, and one thing only, the number of black people who live in the city. Call me a racist, but you know it's true.
.....take away the black murders and the US still has a murder rate more than double of UK, etc

The UK only has 66 million people.
and?

Are you like I am 2 and asslips?
UK has 66 mil and .............what???

Forum List

Back