3 in 10 young adults living with their parents

I bought a home with the specific idea of helping my family, good economy or bad economy, so far it works. My parents live with my wife and I, they are retired and need assistance but are both active. I have my daughter who works full time yet her choice in her children's father leave little to be desired and little help, so they all live with us.

Four generations in one home and to be very truthful we all seem to benefit as a family. My daughter and her three kids had the opportunity to move out and she decided not to, she wanted to take advantage of the family lifestyle and loving atmosphere that the kids have enjoyed and I also believe it has been very helpful to my parents.

So economy be damned, I think in good times, which is when we decided to do this and bad times, families are not so bad off doing this.

I bought a home with the specific idea of helping my family, good economy or bad economy, so far it works. My parents live with my wife and I, they are retired and need assistance but are both active. I have my daughter who works full time yet her choice in her children's father leave little to be desired and little help, so they all live with us.

Four generations in one home and to be very truthful we all seem to benefit as a family. My daughter and her three kids had the opportunity to move out and she decided not to, she wanted to take advantage of the family lifestyle and loving atmosphere that the kids have enjoyed and I also believe it has been very helpful to my parents.

So economy be damned, I think in good times, which is when we decided to do this and bad times, families are not so bad off doing this.

Well freaking said......

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Largest number since 1950.;. Yeah the jobs are really there huh..

Three in 10 young adults live with parents, highest level since 1950s - CSMonitor.com

An even better reason to make sure birth control remains available to as many who want and need it. Who needs to have babies when you're still living with your parents and have no job?

To bad your parents didn't use birth control at the time you were conceived they could have saved the earth from your carbon footprint, the food could have gone to those more needy. They could have spent their lives being more useful to society than wasting it on you.

Largest number since 1950.;. Yeah the jobs are really there huh..

Three in 10 young adults live with parents, highest level since 1950s - CSMonitor.com

Easy fix. Lower the retirement age.

Too bad the GOP will never go for it.

Right. Forcing people to retire early will do wonders for the solvency of programs like SS and Medicare.

European countries have tried such measures, and all it does is increase their debt.

What a boob.

No one is forcing anyone. ALLOWING seniors to retire who want to retire, is good for them and frees up jobs for younger workers. That's a win/win.

As for the cost to SS, I already addressed that. Raise the income limit as it applies to the employer portion.

Right. Forcing people to retire early will do wonders for the solvency of programs like SS and Medicare.

European countries have tried such measures, and all it does is increase their debt.

What a boob.

No one is forcing anyone. ALLOWING seniors to retire who want to retire, is good for them and frees up jobs for younger workers. That's a win/win..

Whose stopping them?

[As for the cost to SS, I already addressed that. Raise the income limit as it applies to the employer portion.

Sorry, but I don't see raising my taxes as a "solution" to the Social Security problem. That doesn't help me one bit. It hurts me.

What a boob.

No one is forcing anyone. ALLOWING seniors to retire who want to retire, is good for them and frees up jobs for younger workers. That's a win/win..

Whose stopping them?
How do you propose someone retires when 40% of their retirement was wiped out by the recent economic crash?

[As for the cost to SS, I already addressed that. Raise the income limit as it applies to the employer portion.

Sorry, but I don't see raising my taxes as a "solution" to the Social Security problem. That doesn't help me one bit. It hurts me.
You're obviously very confused. I have never suggested the SS taxes that employees pay be raised. I'm talking strictly the employer portion.

You do know how SS works, right?

What a boob.

Whose stopping them?

Not only does it hurt us but it hurts future generations.

Whose stopping them?
How do you propose someone retires when 40% of their retirement was wiped out by the recent economic crash?

You're obviously very confused. I have never suggested the SS taxes that employees pay be raised. I'm talking strictly the employer portion.

I have never understood why there is a cap on the level of income that can be counted in the calculation for how much is withheld for SS.

Whose stopping them?

I have never understood why there is a cap on the level of income that can be counted in the calculation for how much is withheld for SS.

I understand why it is on the employee side, as it's then tied to how much you get in SS payments upon retirement. It would be "fair" then to have employers match that, and hence their cap. But a company is not a person, so fairness doesn't really apply. Besides, the other option in this scenario is borrowing the money.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back