21 Day Challenge: post without name calling.

Name calling could be interpreted as labeling too. Also I use a name here, so if someone uses it, is it name calling. I presume name usage that can be understood clearly by another poster as negative is the objective? Probably not going to participate as I reserve the option of returning a negative label to those who start with me. In fact, I rarely if ever start it.

It's sometimes hard to tell when someone is being sincere or sarcastic.

There's a unique Southern phrase that is the nicest form of "name-calling" As in "bless his/her/their heart"..
Really is quite scathing in the way it's used. Especially against Yankees... :biggrin: ALMOST the equivalent of "poor little idiot".. Can I still use it?

If so -- I'm in... :eusa_angel:

Name calling could be interpreted as labeling too. Also I use a name here, so if someone uses it, is it name calling. I presume name usage that can be understood clearly by another poster as negative is the objective? Probably not going to participate as I reserve the option of returning a negative label to those who start with me. In fact, I rarely if ever start it.
My kids often use the "he/she started it". What if you didn't return a negative label?

There's a unique Southern phrase that is the nicest form of "name-calling" As in "bless his/her/their heart"..
Really is quite scathing in the way it's used. Especially against Yankees... :biggrin: ALMOST the equivalent of "poor little idiot".. Can I still use it?

Awww...bless :eusa_angel:

Ok.......I'll try...................

arnold-schwarzenegger-funny-face.gif

Polite putdowns like "bless his/her heart probably aren't name calling, but I think they may defeat the purpose of the challenge.

LOL

Tilly it's you and me, kid.

My kids often use the "he/she started it". What if you didn't return a negative label?

I think you just called me immature. Dhara's out.

Oh shit.........oops my sig line............

080312-total-recall.jpg
You've committed now :beer:

couldnt you just try not to for 21 days :eusa_shifty:

No, I didn't call you immature. I was just struck by how my kids say "she/he started it."

If you feel as though I called you a name, then I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention.

What I should have said, is I'm trying not to return negative speech. What do you think would happen if we stopped returning negative speech?

2hrs 31 minutes....:banana:

Seriously though, Dhara I like the concept you are trying to promote. Choose kindness/the high road/peace It is all good stuff.

Technically you implied a name call and didn't actually name call, I say you get a pass.

2hrs 31 minutes....:banana:

Seriously though, Dhara I like the concept you are trying to promote. Choose kindness/the high road/peace It is all good stuff.

Technically you implied a name call and didn't actually name call, I say you get a pass.
I hope you read my last post. It's not an easy task. I really didn't intend to imply a name call. I just tried to address the intent of the OP. He/she started it isn't much of a defense at my house. That's all.

But but but...did she really 'call you' immature? :eusa_think:

Forum List

Back