2013 NFL Predictions

I agree with the OP's pool of the best teams in the NFC. The order of thier prospective individual divisional finish is debatable.

It is unlikely that the 9ers will beat Green Bay, Seattle, sweep St Louis and beat Atlanta and emerge ahead of the Seahawks in the NFC West. SF is a very good team but they are probably slightly less the juggernaut of last season with the loss of thier most dominant WR, Eric Crabtree, and thier best DB. Of all the "running" QBs in the NFC Kaepernick is the most likely to be diagnosed and prepared for as he runs a "pistol" as opposed to say Wilson dealing in a "read option" which just extends the plays as opposed to Kaepernick looking to run. The Rams and the Seahawks have two of the best defenses in the NFL as evidensed by SF and Seattle both having trouble with the Rams last season and probably still will. Wilson is harder to defense than CK and Seattle has made major improvement in the offseason over what was argueably the hottest team in the NFL at the end of last season. Also Seattle upgraded its running attack and recieving corps this preseason as evidensed by Michaels and Williams leading the NFL in running and recieving stats. This on the team that punnished the 9ers in week 16 last season 42-13.

All THAT said the Seahawks will win the West NFC with the 9ers taking the WC. The REAL battle will be home field advantage where Seattle and Atlanta will fight till probably very late in the season for that advantage. If Seattle wins HFA they will be in the Superbowl and crush the Broncos. This scenerio could repeat for 3-4 seasons.

A post ^^^ only a Cubs fan would fully appreciate. The 9ers improved at WR (Anquan Boldin) something you've forgotten and will get Crab back, fresh and ready by mid October. The defense is stronger without Goldson who picked up too many penalties and SF added Nnamdi Asomugha and Eric Ried; the Smith Bros. are healthy as are the injured Niner running backs and the D-line is ready and willing to put Wilson down.

I admit Seattle is a very good team, and I look forward to Sept. 15. I'll be in Boston watching the game from my hotel and fully expect Kap and the boys to kick ass. Payback is a .............!

Payback from what? I have yet to see or hear from the SF fan that admits they got thier asses kicked in Seattle last season.

I agree with the OP's pool of the best teams in the NFC. The order of thier prospective individual divisional finish is debatable.

It is unlikely that the 9ers will beat Green Bay, Seattle, sweep St Louis and beat Atlanta and emerge ahead of the Seahawks in the NFC West. SF is a very good team but they are probably slightly less the juggernaut of last season with the loss of thier most dominant WR, Eric Crabtree, and thier best DB. Of all the "running" QBs in the NFC Kaepernick is the most likely to be diagnosed and prepared for as he runs a "pistol" as opposed to say Wilson dealing in a "read option" which just extends the plays as opposed to Kaepernick looking to run. The Rams and the Seahawks have two of the best defenses in the NFL as evidensed by SF and Seattle both having trouble with the Rams last season and probably still will. Wilson is harder to defense than CK and Seattle has made major improvement in the offseason over what was argueably the hottest team in the NFL at the end of last season. Also Seattle upgraded its running attack and recieving corps this preseason as evidensed by Michaels and Williams leading the NFL in running and recieving stats. This on the team that punnished the 9ers in week 16 last season 42-13.

All THAT said the Seahawks will win the West NFC with the 9ers taking the WC. The REAL battle will be home field advantage where Seattle and Atlanta will fight till probably very late in the season for that advantage. If Seattle wins HFA they will be in the Superbowl and crush the Broncos. This scenerio could repeat for 3-4 seasons.

A post ^^^ only a Cubs fan would fully appreciate. The 9ers improved at WR (Anquan Boldin) something you've forgotten and will get Crab back, fresh and ready by mid October. The defense is stronger without Goldson who picked up too many penalties and SF added Nnamdi Asomugha and Eric Ried; the Smith Bros. are healthy as are the injured Niner running backs and the D-line is ready and willing to put Wilson down.

I admit Seattle is a very good team, and I look forward to Sept. 15. I'll be in Boston watching the game from my hotel and fully expect Kap and the boys to kick ass. Payback is a .............!

Payback from what? I have yet to see or hear from the SF fan that admits they got thier asses kicked in Seattle last season.

I like you Huggy.......but you post like a loser

Losers brag about regular season wins because they don't have playoff wins. They look proudly at a regular season ass kicking, because they don't have those SuperBowls to brag about.
SF has five Superbowl wins, they were a few yards from winning the Superbowl last year, they have been in the NFC championship the last two years

Seattle has two playoff wins in the last ten years

Calm down there until you actually have something to brag about. You sound like a Jets fan

It seems what matters is being healthy and playing well come playoff time.

Ravens, Giants, Packers, Steelers, Giants again. None were considered top contenders when they entered the playoffs...but all won

Only Colts vs Saints did you have the best two teams in the playoffs win

Off to watch the Saints kick some Falcon ass. So much for your NFC south prediction:cool:

Ravens, Giants, Packers, Steelers, Giants again. None were considered top contenders when they entered the playoffs...but all won

Off to watch the Saints kick some Falcon ass. So much for your NFC south prediction:cool:
Have a good time...should be a good game.

I hate the Falcons

They got their asses kicked last season in Seattle.

Of course the Niners D gave up only two first half field goals and shutout the hawks in the second half in the first game between the two last season. Be advised, the Niners will have a plan to shut down the 12th man responsible for the anomaly which happened up north last year and their D is stronger and has more depth this season.

The O-line is seen as one of the best in the NFL and we have several new WRs who looked good in the preseason. Gore is back with a couple of change of pace backs to give him some rest and we now have two very tall TE's to go with V. Davis the fastest TE in football.

Last edited:
49ers and Denver are both very impressive but the season is early. The chiefs haven't won a season opener away from home for 11 years....till today.

I was at the Lions / Vikings game today and watched the Lions kick some Vikings ass!! Great game!

I like you Huggy.......but you post like a loser

kinda like you always sound in your political debates when you troll changing the subject when you know your getting your ass handed to you on a platter losing the debate or in your pathetic desperate attempts dodging facts that Belecheck is a complete loser and zero without Tom Brady referring to that one FLUKE year as your last gasp attempt to avoid admitting defeat..pot meet kettle.:lol::lol::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Last edited:
As long as either the Texans or Cowboys go to the Super Bowl, I could care less about any of the other teams.

go-texans.jpg

dallas-cowboys.jpg

many after the broncos handed it to the ravens the other night,you would have to be foolish not to pick them to go to the superbowl from the AFC.

No team is as good or as bad as they look in their first game

When was the last time that a team favored to win the Superbowl in September actually won?
Im sure there have to be more recent teams but the cowboys from the 90's rings a bell.

I didnt say they would win the superbowl.With Peyton Manning and the way he chokes all the time in big games I wont ever pick him to WIN the superbowl but this was the raven.

Granted they werent expected to be as good this year with too many key defections on both sides of the ball losing all their leadership with Lewis and Reed gone so I didnt expcrt them to win this game,however I expected them to play at least a much closer game than what we saw though.

The Broncos would have beat them last year and gone on to win it I have no doubt if not for that miracle completion from Flacco on 3rd and 23 or soemthing like that where the reciever got the first down.are you forgetting they wrapped up home field advantage last year?

it was the destiny of the ravens to win it all last year obviously completing that 3rd and 23 whatever pass.

I cant see some team marching into denver and doing the same thing to them again getting torched like that on a a long 3rd and long again.This team looks poised and hungry for the superbowl.barring any injury to Manning,I just dont see anybody in the AFC stopping them this year.

as far as the NFC goes? I cant piakc against the niners making it back.especially after handing it to the packers yesterday.anytime the packers scored,they answered back.They are both two elite teams and I think that win at home will go a long way for them in the playoffs so my predication is

Broncos from the AFC in the superbowl with Niners from the NFC in the superbowl meeting up with niners winning it.I mean its just not fair.they get rid of washed up useless Randy Moss and ATER being in the superbowl,they acquire Bolen who was a key factor in the Ravens win over Denver last year and also a key facotr in the ravens superbowl victory. Man that is so unfair that noners were able to get him.Life is just nto fair.

with Bolden,I see the niners as being unstoppable especailly after the victory over the packers.They look like they are on a mission as well and have picked up right where they left off from last year with their sites on winning it this time and with Bolden in the arsenal? again,with him,I see them as being unstoppable.

Now I hope Im wrong since i hate the niners and dont like Manning either but I just cant pick against them at this point.

I may be wrong but hey,some people thought I was nuts in mid july as well when I predicted this year would be the pirates breakout year,that they would turn the corner and finish with a winning season this year.

some were actually foolish enough to think they would collapse again for the third year in a row despite the facts right in front of them this team was different than the teams from the last two years actually picking them to collapse again when it was so obvious to me and others,this year they were going to turn the corner.:cuckoo:

Like I said,I hope im wrong,that neither make it to the superbowl,but at this point,they look unstoppable to me.who in the AFC could unroot them? the texans maybe in texas.we'll just wait to see who gets the homefiled advantage.if its denver,since they dont have baltimore a team of destiny last year to deal with this time,I just dont see anybody in the AFC possibly stopping them.Its a long year but right now,they look unstoppable.

many after the broncos handed it to the ravens the other night,you would have to be foolish not to pick them to go to the superbowl from the AFC.

No team is as good or as bad as they look in their first game

When was the last time that a team favored to win the Superbowl in September actually won?
Im sure there have to be more recent teams but the cowboys from the 90's rings a bell.

I didnt say they would win the superbowl.With Peyton Manning and the way he chokes all the time in big games I wont ever pick him to WIN the superbowl but this was the raven.

Granted they werent expected to be as good this year with too many key defections on both sides of the ball losing all their leadership with Lewis and Reed gone so I didnt expcrt them to win this game,however I expected them to play at least a much closer game than what we saw though.

The Broncos would have beat them last year and gone on to win it I have no doubt if not for that miracle completion from Flacco on 3rd and 23 or soemthing like that where the reciever got the first down.are you forgetting they wrapped up home field advantage last year?

it was the destiny of the ravens to win it all last year obviously completing that 3rd and 23 whatever pass.

I cant see some team marching into denver and doing the same thing to them again getting torched like that on a a long 3rd and long again.This team looks poised and hungry for the superbowl.barring any injury to Manning,I just dont see anybody in the AFC stopping them this year.

as far as the NFC goes? I cant piakc against the niners making it back.especially after handing it to the packers yesterday.anytime the packers scored,they answered back.They are both two elite teams and I think that win at home will go a long way for them in the playoffs so my predication is

Broncos from the AFC in the superbowl with Niners from the NFC in the superbowl meeting up with niners winning it.I mean its just not fair.they get rid of washed up useless Randy Moss and ATER being in the superbowl,they acquire Bolen who was a key factor in the Ravens win over Denver last year and also a key facotr in the ravens superbowl victory. Man that is so unfair that noners were able to get him.Life is just nto fair.

with Bolden,I see the niners as being unstoppable especailly after the victory over the packers.They look like they are on a mission as well and have picked up right where they left off from last year with their sites on winning it this time and with Bolden in the arsenal? again,with him,I see them as being unstoppable.

Now I hope Im wrong since i hate the niners and dont like Manning either but I just cant pick against them at this point.

I may be wrong but hey,some people thought I was nuts in mid july as well when I predicted this year would be the pirates breakout year,that they would turn the corner and finish with a winning season this year.

some were actually foolish enough to think they would collapse again for the third year in a row despite the facts right in front of them this team was different than the teams from the last two years actually picking them to collapse again when it was so obvious to me and others,this year they were going to turn the corner.:cuckoo:

Like I said,I hope im wrong,that neither make it to the superbowl,but at this point,they look unstoppable to me.who in the AFC could unroot them? the texans maybe in texas.we'll just wait to see who gets the homefiled advantage.if its denver,since they dont have baltimore a team of destiny last year to deal with this time,I just dont see anybody in the AFC possibly stopping them.Its a long year but right now,they look unstoppable.

It's week one. Kaepernick got 400 plus yards at home mostly late in the game when GB was taking chances trying to get back the ball. He certainly didn't run for a buck eighty like he did in the playoffs. Let's all just take a collective breath and wait untill this Sunday night before we annoint the NFC supebowl representative out of the NCF West.

My money says "9/11" will be back on the Seahawk bandwagon come Monday next. :lol:

Seattle has a suffocating pass defense. GB's dbs played like schoolgirls and that long haired blonde GB linebacker should stick to commercials. He cost GB the game with his penalties.

I gaurantee the Seahawks will spank the Whiners in similar fashion as week 16 last season and all will be right and good again on the Seahawk's track to this season's Superbowl.

Falcons vs Bengals in the Superbowl.

Who cares who wins...

Can'tLanta already lost to NO in the big easy. If they don't step it up a notch they won't even win thier division or get a wildcard. I gaurandamntee the Falcunts won't beat Seattle THIS season. No way they go 13-3 this season. Maybe 11-5 if the ball bounces favorably for them. I doubt they beat the Panthers in Carolina. They will definitely lose to SF in SF. I don't see em beating GB at GB or the Patriots even at home.

Cincy didn't win against Chicago at Soldier field either. At least it wasn't a divisional game for them. They were 10-6 last season and will probably take thier division but no way they beat the Broncos in Denver to take the AFC.

I know...I know... these games don't matter much... BULLSHIT! We found out last year that every friggin game counts. If Seattle had won just one of those early away games last season we wouldn't be talking about how friggin good San FranGayo is. We would have had the NFC West and have played at home at least one game. We would have been playing Atlanta for the NFC Championship and it wouldn't have been a "morning" game. I honestly don't know if conditions were slightly more favorable that we would have beat Atlanta but it was only 31 seconds and some lucky throws that beat us there last season in the PO's.

EVERY win away is pure GOLD in the bank at the end of a season. Every away win in division is pure platnum.

If Seattle wins this weekend you all can kiss our hineys! Seattle will go at least 12-4 and get home field thruout.

Who cares who wins...

Can'tLanta already lost to NO in the big easy. If they don't step it up a notch they won't even win thier division or get a wildcard. I gaurandamntee the Falcunts won't beat Seattle THIS season. No way they go 13-3 this season. Maybe 11-5 if the ball bounces favorably for them. I doubt they beat the Panthers in Carolina. They will definitely lose to SF in SF. I don't see em beating GB at GB or the Patriots even at home.

Cincy didn't win against Chicago at Soldier field either. At least it wasn't a divisional game for them. They were 10-6 last season and will probably take thier division but no way they beat the Broncos in Denver to take the AFC.

I know...I know... these games don't matter much... BULLSHIT! We found out last year that every friggin game counts. If Seattle had won just one of those early away games last season we wouldn't be talking about how friggin good San FranGayo is. We would have had the NFC West and have played at home at least one game. We would have been playing Atlanta for the NFC Championship and it wouldn't have been a "morning" game. I honestly don't know if conditions were slightly more favorable that we would have beat Atlanta but it was only 31 seconds and some lucky throws that beat us there last season in the PO's.

EVERY win away is pure GOLD in the bank at the end of a season. Every away win in division is pure platnum.

If Seattle wins this weekend you all can kiss our hineys! Seattle will go at least 12-4 and get home field thruout.

"SanFranGayo"? Bad play Huggy, very bad indeed.

As long as either the Texans or Cowboys go to the Super Bowl, I could care less about any of the other teams.

The Texans are going to have to up their game. They only played 2 quarters on Monday.

What was with the 9:20 start anyway?

Who cares who wins...

"SanFranGayo"? Bad play Huggy, very bad indeed.

:lol: There was a time when most of the gays living on the West Coast lived in Fan Fran. Just think of it as a history lesson.... :lol:

Forum List

Back