East: Patriots
North: Ravens
South: Colts
West: Broncos

WC: Bengals
WC: Texans

SuperBowl: Colts vs 49ers
2014 Champion: 49ers

I agree with the OP's pool of the best teams in the NFC. The order of thier prospective individual divisional finish is debatable.

It is unlikely that the 9ers will beat Green Bay, Seattle, sweep St Louis and beat Atlanta and emerge ahead of the Seahawks in the NFC West. SF is a very good team but they are probably slightly less the juggernaut of last season with the loss of thier most dominant WR, Eric Crabtree, and thier best DB. Of all the "running" QBs in the NFC Kaepernick is the most likely to be diagnosed and prepared for as he runs a "pistol" as opposed to say Wilson dealing in a "read option" which just extends the plays as opposed to Kaepernick looking to run. The Rams and the Seahawks have two of the best defenses in the NFL as evidensed by SF and Seattle both having trouble with the Rams last season and probably still will. Wilson is harder to defense than CK and Seattle has made major improvement in the offseason over what was argueably the hottest team in the NFL at the end of last season. Also Seattle upgraded its running attack and recieving corps this preseason as evidensed by Michaels and Williams leading the NFL in running and recieving stats. This on the team that punnished the 9ers in week 16 last season 42-13.

All THAT said the Seahawks will win the West NFC with the 9ers taking the WC. The REAL battle will be home field advantage where Seattle and Atlanta will fight till probably very late in the season for that advantage. If Seattle wins HFA they will be in the Superbowl and crush the Broncos. This scenerio could repeat for 3-4 seasons.

Last edited:
The J-E-T-S will be banished from the NFL as being bad for business....
x35062-e1348858043699.jpg

Interesting stat.

Seattle used the read option play 5 times week 1-12 last season. Seattle used the read option 42 times in the next 4 games starting with thier amazing comeback in Chicago week 13.

The Panthers are in for a world of hurt if they gear up for the same team they played in week 5 of last season.

NFC

East: Giants
North: Packers
South: Falcons
West: 49ers

WC: Seattle
WC: Redskins

AFC

East: Patriots
North: Ravens
South: Colts
West: Broncos

WC: Bengals
WC: Texans

SuperBowl: Colts vs 49ers
2014 Champion: 49ers

Texans and Redskins will do better than WC

The Eagles will have the best season ever and win the super bowl.

Either that or they will do half way good, get my hopes up and let me down like they always do.

GO EAGLES!

many after the broncos handed it to the ravens the other night,you would have to be foolish not to pick them to go to the superbowl from the AFC.

many after the broncos handed it to the ravens the other night,you would have to be foolish not to pick them to go to the superbowl from the AFC.

No team is as good or as bad as they look in their first game

When was the last time that a team favored to win the Superbowl in September actually won?

No team is as good or as bad as they look in their first game

When was the last time that a team favored to win the Superbowl in September actually won?

Good point. So let's look at last year. These were the odds to win the superbowl last season at the beginning of the season, and how they finished up;

Odds to Win Super Bowl XLVII at Bovada as of August 20:

New England Patriots 11/2
Green Bay Packers 6/1
San Francisco 49ers 9/1
Philadelphia Eagles 11/1
Houston Texans 12/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 15/1
Chicago Bears 16/1
Denver Broncos 16/1
Baltimore Ravens 18/1
New Orleans Saints 18/1
Dallas Cowboys 20/1
New York Giants 22/1
Atlanta Falcons 25/1
Detroit Lions 25/1
San Diego Chargers 25/1
New York Jets 35/1
Carolina Panthers 40/1
Cincinnati Bengals 45/1
Buffalo Bills 50/1
Kansas City Chiefs 50/1
Seattle Seahawks 50/1
Arizona Cardinals 65/1
Oakland Raiders 65/1
Tennessee Titans 65/1
Washington Redskins 65/1
Indianapolis Colts 75/1
Miami Dolphins 75/1
St. Louis Rams 100/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 100/1
Minnesota Vikings 150/1
Cleveland Browns 200/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 200/1

Odds to Win Super Bowl XLVII at Bovada as of January 14:

New England Patriots 1/1
San Francisco 49ers 2/1
Atlanta Falcons 11/2
Baltimore Ravens 15/2

Odds to Win Super Bowl XLVII at 5Dimes as of January 21:

Baltimore Ravens +160
San Francisco 49ers -180
(even bet)

Odds to Win Super Bowl - Super Bowl Futures

Looks like Baltimore (9th at start) and Atlanta (13th) out performed and the other two were as expected.

This year we have;

Odds to Win Super Bowl XLVIII at Bovada as of August 30:

Denver Broncos 6/1
San Francisco 49ers 6/1
Seattle Seahawks 17/2
New England Patriots 10/1
Atlanta Falcons 12/1
Green Bay Packers 12/1
Houston Texans 18/1
New Orleans Saints 18/1
New York Giants 22/1
Chicago Bears 25/1
Cincinnati Bengals 25/1
Dallas Cowboys 25/1
Baltimore Ravens 28/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 28/1
Washington Redskins 33/1
Detroit Lions 40/1
Indianapolis Colts 40/1
Miami Dolphins 40/1
Minnesota Vikings 40/1
St. Louis Rams 40/1
Kansas City Chiefs 50/1
Philadelphia Eagles 50/1
San Diego Chargers 50/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 50/1
Carolina Panthers 66/1
Arizona Cardinals 125/1
New York Jets 125/1
Buffalo Bills 150/1
Cleveland Browns 150/1
Tennessee Titans 150/1
Oakland Raiders 250/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 300/1

If this year is similar to last year, expect a couple of teams out of the middle of the pack, and a couple from the top to be the final four.

Last edited:
It seems what matters is being healthy and playing well come playoff time.

Ravens, Giants, Packers, Steelers, Giants again. None were considered top contenders when they entered the playoffs...but all won

Only Colts vs Saints did you have the best two teams in the playoffs win

I predict I won't watch at all.

My teams were Panthers Seahawks and Raiders. And except for a few times they all disappointed me so much I don't even watch anymore.

I agree with the OP's pool of the best teams in the NFC. The order of thier prospective individual divisional finish is debatable.

It is unlikely that the 9ers will beat Green Bay, Seattle, sweep St Louis and beat Atlanta and emerge ahead of the Seahawks in the NFC West. SF is a very good team but they are probably slightly less the juggernaut of last season with the loss of thier most dominant WR, Eric Crabtree, and thier best DB. Of all the "running" QBs in the NFC Kaepernick is the most likely to be diagnosed and prepared for as he runs a "pistol" as opposed to say Wilson dealing in a "read option" which just extends the plays as opposed to Kaepernick looking to run. The Rams and the Seahawks have two of the best defenses in the NFL as evidensed by SF and Seattle both having trouble with the Rams last season and probably still will. Wilson is harder to defense than CK and Seattle has made major improvement in the offseason over what was argueably the hottest team in the NFL at the end of last season. Also Seattle upgraded its running attack and recieving corps this preseason as evidensed by Michaels and Williams leading the NFL in running and recieving stats. This on the team that punnished the 9ers in week 16 last season 42-13.

All THAT said the Seahawks will win the West NFC with the 9ers taking the WC. The REAL battle will be home field advantage where Seattle and Atlanta will fight till probably very late in the season for that advantage. If Seattle wins HFA they will be in the Superbowl and crush the Broncos. This scenerio could repeat for 3-4 seasons.

A post ^^^ only a Cubs fan would fully appreciate. The 9ers improved at WR (Anquan Boldin) something you've forgotten and will get Crab back, fresh and ready by mid October. The defense is stronger without Goldson who picked up too many penalties and SF added Nnamdi Asomugha and Eric Ried; the Smith Bros. are healthy as are the injured Niner running backs and the D-line is ready and willing to put Wilson down.

I admit Seattle is a very good team, and I look forward to Sept. 15. I'll be in Boston watching the game from my hotel and fully expect Kap and the boys to kick ass. Payback is a .............!

Forum List

Back