2000 People on "Terror Watch List" able to buy guns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, our gun laws aren't even a little bit crazy. Remember, Wingnuts, keep pissing yourselves over 3 year olds from Syria... because this isn't something to worry about at all.

From 2004 to 2014, over 2,000 terror suspects legally purchased guns in the United States

I don't know what the process is by which one gets added to that list, but I very much doubt if it involves proper due process of law, consisting of being tried and convicted of a crime. That being the case,why shouldn't they be able to buy guns? Merely being suspected of having ties to terrorism is not legitimate grounds for denial of any of one's basic Constitutional rights. Innocent until proven guilty.

No, our gun laws aren't even a little bit crazy. Remember, Wingnuts, keep pissing yourselves over 3 year olds from Syria... because this isn't something to worry about at all.

From 2004 to 2014, over 2,000 terror suspects legally purchased guns in the United States

Given France's strict gun laws, the terrorists who attacked Paris on Friday may have turned to black market sources for the weapons they used. But in the United States, known and suspected terrorists are allowed to purchase firearms under federal law.

"Membership in a terrorist organization does not prohibit a person from possessing firearms or explosives under current federal law," the Government Accountability Office concluded in 2010. The law prohibits felons, fugitives, drug addicts and domestic abusers from purchasing a firearm in the United States. But people on the FBI's consolidated terrorist watchlist — typically placed there when there is "reasonable suspicion" that they are a known or suspected terrorist — can freely purchase handguns or assault-style rifles.

And, as the GAO found, a number of them do: Between 2004 and 2014, suspected terrorists attempted to purchase guns from American dealers at least 2,233 times. And in 2,043 of those cases — 91 percent of the time — they succeeded.
It's their second amendment rights plus they need those guns to do their job.

Sure, we all came from families of foreigners at one time or another, but not from places that harbor people that want to kill every American.

right. There's a scary Arab under your bed.

Terrorists killed 14 Americans last year. Gun nuts killed 11,000. I'm more worried about you gun nuts than terrorists.

Don't know how you COULDN'T understand this.. These folks have not been convicted of anything -- yet. And IIRC -- about 30% or more are MISTAKES. This is exactly why we (the folks that like ALL of the first 10 Amendments) would never allow shoddy constructs like a "terror watch list" to infringe on rights.

And besides, if they went to purchase a gun and were denied -- they'd have to be told why.

What makes you think that REAL terrorists buy their stuff at retail stores anyway?

Okay. Nidal Hasan. bought his gun at a gun store.

Why wouldn't they buy their stuff at a gun store.

I don't know what the process is by which one gets added to that list, but I very much doubt if it involves proper due process of law, consisting of being tried and convicted of a crime. That being the case,why shouldn't they be able to buy guns? Merely being suspected of having ties to terrorism is not legitimate grounds for denial of any of one's basic Constitutional rights. Innocent until proven guilty.

Well, besides the fact the Second Amendment is about MILITIAS and not gun ownership, by your same logic, why do we deny the mentally ill the right to buy guns. (Of course, the mentally ill can just lie about being mentally ill, and the gun industry is just happy to sell them guns, anyway.)

If they haven't committed a crime yet, why do we deny them the right to own a gun? Oh, that's right. Becuase they are fucking mentally ill, you dumbass.

Of course, every time we have one of these characters like Mercer or Loughner or Holmes or Lanza shoot up a school, we find out EVERYONE in their lives knew they were crazy. But they were still able to get a gun, anyway, because the National Rampage Association has convinced stupid people this is a "right".

MEANWHILE- other countries, gun ownership is a privilege. And while you do have the occassional terrorist attack or crime, they don't have anywhere near our murder rates.

I admit when I make a mistake and would ask the Mods to correct the thread title.

correction, I can fix the thread title myself now. Thanks Mods, for installing that feature!
You should have left it. You are taking all the fun out of this...

NOrmally, I'd say yes, but it is kind of a serious discussion.

how insane is it that-

1) We have 700,000 people on a "Terror Watch List" to start with. Obviously, all 700,000 of them are not terrorists. If they were, we'd be in real shit right now. If they aren't citizens, why aren't we revoking their green cards, immediately. If they are citizens, then why are they being put on a list that prevents them from doing things like flying on an airplane without

2) that we allow people we have concerns with to buy guns with little or not questions? We can thank the NRA for this, who no doubt think that if being on a terrorist list bans you from buying guns, it's not a big stretch to put a Gun Nut who thinks we needs guns to over throw the government could be interpreted as a "Terrorist".

Here's the problem with your thinking...under our Constitution, we have the concept of due process. You can't just strip someone of their rights because they are a "suspect". Gun laws are designed to limit access to weapons by those already convicted in a court of law.
And so the crazies can buy all the guns that they want. What a concept. Certainly puts money in Rabbi's pocket.

Well, besides the fact the Second Amendment is about MILITIAS and not gun ownership, by your same logic, why do we deny the mentally ill the right to buy guns. (Of course, the mentally ill can just lie about being mentally ill, and the gun industry is just happy to sell them guns, anyway.)

If they haven't committed a crime yet, why do we deny them the right to own a gun? Oh, that's right. Becuase they are fucking mentally ill, you dumbass.

Of course, every time we have one of these characters like Mercer or Loughner or Holmes or Lanza shoot up a school, we find out EVERYONE in their lives knew they were crazy. But they were still able to get a gun, anyway, because the National Rampage Association has convinced stupid people this is a "right".

MEANWHILE- other countries, gun ownership is a privilege. And while you do have the occassional terrorist attack or crime, they don't have anywhere near our murder rates.

If we should be able to take their right to own a gun in the US, why don't we just arrest them and throw them in prison for life?

MEANWHILE- other countries, gun ownership is a privilege

Get rid of the 2nd, and it will be a privilege here as well.

Til then, it's a Right

Well, besides the fact the Second Amendment is about MILITIAS and not gun ownership,

Nope..

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Not the right of the militia.

Given France's strict gun laws, the terrorists who attacked Paris on Friday may have turned to black market sources for the weapons they used. But in the United States, known and suspected terrorists are allowed to purchase firearms under federal law.

"Membership in a terrorist organization does not prohibit a person from possessing firearms or explosives under current federal law," the Government Accountability Office concluded in 2010. The law prohibits felons, fugitives, drug addicts and domestic abusers from purchasing a firearm in the United States. But people on the FBI's consolidated terrorist watchlist — typically placed there when there is "reasonable suspicion" that they are a known or suspected terrorist — can freely purchase handguns or assault-style rifles.

And, as the GAO found, a number of them do: Between 2004 and 2014, suspected terrorists attempted to purchase guns from American dealers at least 2,233 times. And in 2,043 of those cases — 91 percent of the time — they succeeded.

Don't know how you COULDN'T understand this.. These folks have not been convicted of anything -- yet. And IIRC -- about 30% or more are MISTAKES. This is exactly why we (the folks that like ALL of the first 10 Amendments) would never allow shoddy constructs like a "terror watch list" to infringe on rights.

And besides, if they went to purchase a gun and were denied -- they'd have to be told why.

What makes you think that REAL terrorists buy their stuff at retail stores anyway?

Because terrorists have no weapons connection outside of a gun shop apparently.

If we should be able to take their right to own a gun in the US, why don't we just arrest them and throw them in prison for life?

because locking people up is impratical and expensive.

Gun confiscation is easy.

Oh, so that's why........

You see, I thought it had to do with liberty and rights that we protect in the USA. And now I find out that it's because of expense and convenience.

Til then, it's a Right

Or you get people in the Supreme Court who can read PLAINLY WRITTEN ENGLISH. "OH a WELL REGULATED MILITIA!!!"

We-are-the-new-lepers-05.jpg

Pictured - NOT a well-regulated militia.

Why would they need one when you've got gun shops selling weapons by the truckloads?

thanks once again for pointing out once again how big government

is usually a failure and unrelibable

Til then, it's a Right

Or you get people in the Supreme Court who can read PLAINLY WRITTEN ENGLISH. "OH a WELL REGULATED MILITIA!!!"

We-are-the-new-lepers-05.jpg

Pictured - NOT a well-regulated militia.

Why would they need one when you've got gun shops selling weapons by the truckloads?

what part of "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms," is NOT plain English?

Even in those days, you didn't need to belong to a militia to own arms.

Oh, so that's why........

You see, I thought it had to do with liberty and rights that we protect in the USA. And now I find out that it's because of expense and convenience.

Guns don't make you free or compensate for your tiny dick. Hate to keep breaking that to you.

Oh, that tiny dick thing again? I swear, you liberals all get your talking points from one site so it seems.

Let's see, you make the claim I have a tiny dick, so my response is supposed to be "Gee! I don't want people to think I have a tiny dick, so I'll stop carrying my gun!"

Liberals are such simpletons. You really think we can't see through your bogus reverse psychology routine? LOL! You are as obvious as Trumps hair for crying out loud.

what part of "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms," is NOT plain English?

Even in those days, you didn't need to belong to a militia to own arms.

In those days, people owned slaves, but slaves were not allowed to have guns. so clearly, it was meant in the context of a "militia', not every whackadoodle who could plop down $100 for a Saturday Night Special.

Back in those days, a musket had a fire rate of 1 shot per minute. Now we have fully automatic weapons and 100 round clips and apparently, if you are a guy who thinks you are the Joker, you can buy one and mow down a whole theater full of Batman fans.

So maybe instead of making laws based on what we THINK a bunch of slave-rapists who shit in chamberpots meant when they talked about a well regulated militia meaning people could have arms, we should think about what works well in the here and now.

2000 guys on the TERROR WATCH LIST being able to buy guns is not a good idea in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back