2000 People on "Terror Watch List" able to buy guns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
No, our gun laws aren't even a little bit crazy. Remember, Wingnuts, keep pissing yourselves over 3 year olds from Syria... because this isn't something to worry about at all.

From 2004 to 2014, over 2,000 terror suspects legally purchased guns in the United States

Given France's strict gun laws, the terrorists who attacked Paris on Friday may have turned to black market sources for the weapons they used. But in the United States, known and suspected terrorists are allowed to purchase firearms under federal law.

"Membership in a terrorist organization does not prohibit a person from possessing firearms or explosives under current federal law," the Government Accountability Office concluded in 2010. The law prohibits felons, fugitives, drug addicts and domestic abusers from purchasing a firearm in the United States. But people on the FBI's consolidated terrorist watchlist — typically placed there when there is "reasonable suspicion" that they are a known or suspected terrorist — can freely purchase handguns or assault-style rifles.

And, as the GAO found, a number of them do: Between 2004 and 2014, suspected terrorists attempted to purchase guns from American dealers at least 2,233 times. And in 2,043 of those cases — 91 percent of the time — they succeeded.

So they can buy them under Obozo??

Guess that means he doesn't need another "Fast and Furious" to arm them like he did with the Mexican drug cartels, huh??

Guess that means he doesn't need another "Fast and Furious" to arm them like he did with the Mexican drug cartels, huh??

The cartels didn't need Fast and Furious. The Gun Industry ships 250,000 guns to Mexico a year because of lax gun laws in the Southwest.

Fast and Furious tried to track a snowflake in a blizzard.

"2000 People on "Terror Watch List" able to buy guys!"
Male prostitution?

Golden-Girls-Hysterical-Laugh-Gif.gif
"2000 People on "Terror Watch List" able to buy guys!"
Male prostitution?
Yeah, that must be Joey's new line of work....

Wonder how much USMB is charging him for the advertising???

I admit when I make a mistake and would ask the Mods to correct the thread title.

correction, I can fix the thread title myself now. Thanks Mods, for installing that feature!
You should have left it. You are taking all the fun out of this...

I admit when I make a mistake and would ask the Mods to correct the thread title.

correction, I can fix the thread title myself now. Thanks Mods, for installing that feature!

NOrmally, I'd say yes, but it is kind of a serious discussion.

how insane is it that-

1) We have 700,000 people on a "Terror Watch List" to start with. Obviously, all 700,000 of them are not terrorists. If they were, we'd be in real shit right now. If they aren't citizens, why aren't we revoking their green cards, immediately. If they are citizens, then why are they being put on a list that prevents them from doing things like flying on an airplane without

2) that we allow people we have concerns with to buy guns with little or not questions? We can thank the NRA for this, who no doubt think that if being on a terrorist list bans you from buying guns, it's not a big stretch to put a Gun Nut who thinks we needs guns to over throw the government could be interpreted as a "Terrorist".

NOrmally, I'd say yes, but it is kind of a serious discussion.

how insane is it that-

1) We have 700,000 people on a "Terror Watch List" to start with. Obviously, all 700,000 of them are not terrorists. If they were, we'd be in real shit right now. If they aren't citizens, why aren't we revoking their green cards, immediately. If they are citizens, then why are they being put on a list that prevents them from doing things like flying on an airplane without

2) that we allow people we have concerns with to buy guns with little or not questions? We can thank the NRA for this, who no doubt think that if being on a terrorist list bans you from buying guns, it's not a big stretch to put a Gun Nut who thinks we needs guns to over throw the government could be interpreted as a "Terrorist".

Here's the problem with your thinking...under our Constitution, we have the concept of due process. You can't just strip someone of their rights because they are a "suspect". Gun laws are designed to limit access to weapons by those already convicted in a court of law.

Here's the problem with your thinking...under our Constitution, we have the concept of due process. You can't just strip someone of their rights because they are a "suspect". Gun laws are designed to limit access to weapons by those already convicted in a court of law.

If we were giving these guys due process, we wouldn't have them on a list at all.

And if we'd stop these kind of people from coming here in the first place, this wouldn't even be an issue.
But fucking liberals can't turn this country into a multicultural cesspool fast enough.

No, our gun laws aren't even a little bit crazy. Remember, Wingnuts, keep pissing yourselves over 3 year olds from Syria... because this isn't something to worry about at all.

From 2004 to 2014, over 2,000 terror suspects legally purchased guns in the United States

Given France's strict gun laws, the terrorists who attacked Paris on Friday may have turned to black market sources for the weapons they used. But in the United States, known and suspected terrorists are allowed to purchase firearms under federal law.

"Membership in a terrorist organization does not prohibit a person from possessing firearms or explosives under current federal law," the Government Accountability Office concluded in 2010. The law prohibits felons, fugitives, drug addicts and domestic abusers from purchasing a firearm in the United States. But people on the FBI's consolidated terrorist watchlist — typically placed there when there is "reasonable suspicion" that they are a known or suspected terrorist — can freely purchase handguns or assault-style rifles.

And, as the GAO found, a number of them do: Between 2004 and 2014, suspected terrorists attempted to purchase guns from American dealers at least 2,233 times. And in 2,043 of those cases — 91 percent of the time — they succeeded.

They proves the Government can and will fuck up everything. :(

The cartels didn't need Fast and Furious. The Gun Industry ships 250,000 guns to Mexico a year because of lax gun laws in the Southwest.

Fast and Furious tried to track a snowflake in a blizzard.

No, the gun industry doesn't ship guns to mexico. That's highly illegal and any gun owner doing this would be imprisoned. Govt doesn't care about the law and ships illegally to all of these drug dealers and cartels.

No, the gun industry doesn't ship guns to mexico. That's highly illegal and any gun owner doing this would be imprisoned. Govt doesn't care about the law and ships illegally to all of these drug dealers and cartels.

yeah, when was the last time a gun dealer was locked up for doing that? The point of F&F was to track it, but local authorities in Arizona are so in the pocket of the National Rampage Association thta you could show them film of gangbangers walking into gun stores and they wouldn't do anything.

yeah, when was the last time a gun dealer was locked up for doing that? The point of F&F was to track it, but local authorities in Arizona are so in the pocket of the National Rampage Association thta you could show them film of gangbangers walking into gun stores and they wouldn't do anything.
So you admit that Holder and Obozo demonstrated their utter incompetence on Fast and Furious, right???

Then Obozo used executive privilege in an attempt to cover it up...

I agree are gun laws insane, terrorist can buy them but a terrorized woman on a prescribed substance by her doctor can't buy one under that 1968 gun law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back