20 week Abortion act Passes House of Reps.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lumpy 1, Oct 3, 2017.

1. ScorpioRising007

ScorpioRising007 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Totally agree. It ain't murder till it's out of the woman and that cord is cut. Until that time if she wants an abortion 30 minutes before she is suppose to deliver and it ain't out of the belly yet, in my opinion it ain't murder and she still has a right to do with her body what she chooses.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,494
    Good.

I'm sure all the gun control advocates are happy that children will be protected

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. sartre play

sartre play Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +648
    Sorry if my point was not clear, it was regards to the push to ban all abortions, starting with 20 weeks, most people have been clear about being against all abortions with some exceptions for rape incest.

4. sartre play

sartre play Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +648
    That just proves my point.

5. Chuz Life

Chuz Life Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,188
    You are speaking in gibberish platitudes. The legal definition for a person has long been established as "a human being." The Supreme Court not only recognized that fact in Roe, forty years ago, as they anticipated a State could eventually establish a child in the womb AS a person... the same court today has been upholding our fetal HOMICIDE laws for over 10 years now.

Why do you suppose the exceptions to the fatal homicide laws are necessary to (for now) keep abortions legal?

Those exceptions fonts say the child is a human being / person in one situation but NOT another. It's always the same child / human being.

The exception simply says those laws can not be used to prosecute women who legally abort. . .

For

Now.

6. miketx

miketx Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,876
    Liar.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Borillar

Borillar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,951
    Surprised your nose didn't get in the way of your keyboard after your last lie.

8. Montrovant

Montrovant Fuzzy bears!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,852
    I'm sorry, but the evidence does not support your opinion. You seem to have taken a quote about something that did not happen and extrapolated meaning from it that does not exist. Take the case of Burwell v Hobby Lobby, for example. In section B1 of the opinion, the court writes, "The term “person” sometimes encompasses artificial persons (as the Dictionary Act instructs), and it sometimes is limited to natural persons." That is only one quote from the opinion in which the court states that the term person can mean more than a human individual. https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/13pdf/13-354_olp1.pdf

The legal definition of person has not long been established to mean "a human being." I have provided multiple sources of evidence to support this.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Chuz Life

Chuz Life Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,188
    Maybe hearing the Supreme Court justices along with the pro abort attorney (Sara Weddington) will get your attention a little better than I can.

10. my2¢

my2¢ So it goes. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,913
    Fake bill. I feel this is typical of congress, pass something inconsequential just for show. Much like all those on Obamacare during Obama's terms. I don't believe this legislation if passed will be ruled constitutional.

What disappointments me most is that with the strength of GOP at the federal and state level why not go for a Constitutional amendment? One that either calls for a ban on abortion (preferred), or at least put in place the proposed restriction PLUS allow individual states to ban it completely.