20 week Abortion act Passes House of Reps.

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
The President will sign it but blood lust Democrats/Rino's, that's doubtful...

---------------------------------

Washington (CNN)The House of Representatives passed legislation Tuesday that would criminalize abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, with exceptions for instances where the life of the mother is at risk and in cases involving rape or incest.

The bill passed the House by a vote of 237 for and 189 against, largely on party lines.
The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which is similar to legislation that failed in 2013and 2015, has support from the White House this time around.

House passes ban on abortion after 20 weeks - CNNPolitics

Good.

Hope it becomes law.

It is disgusting that some idiot can have her own child cut up into little pieces inside her womb without any pain killer at all.

These poor children cry out from the grave for justice, and it is coming for them all.

Washington (CNN)The House of Representatives passed legislation Tuesday that would criminalize abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, with exceptions for instances where the life of the mother is at risk and in cases involving rape or incest.

The bill passed the House by a vote of 237 for and 189 against, largely on party lines.
The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which is similar to legislation that failed in 2013and 2015, has support from the White House this time around.

Its a crying shame women have to be suppressed like this. A women's right to choose. I don't care if it's 20 weeks, its still not a living being and is not murder. Women shouldn't be penalized for getting pregnant by a man. A man and woman make a mistake, the man gets no punishment yet Republicans want to treat the woman like a vile criminal for accidentally getting pregnant. Enough suppression of women in this country, it is awful. Women have the right to be sexually liberal and not get punished for it. The man can get as many women pregnant and get a slap on the wrist the woman if she is sexually active and accidentally gets pregnant well shame on her for being sexually active according to Republicans, they want to persecute her and treat her like a vile villain just for wanting an abortion. It really is awful the way this country insists to treat women in this day and age.

Sad very sad this bill got passed in the House.

How anyone could vote against this bill knowing what they know about the procedure is beyond belief.

A former abortionist, Dr. Anthony Levatino, testified before Congress that he had performed 1,200 abortions—over 100 late-term abortions up to 24 weeks.

Dr. Levatino described what the abortionist actually does to the helpless child.

“Imagine if you can that you are a pro-choice obstetrician/gynecologist like I was.” Using a Sopher 13” clamp with rows of ridges or teeth, “grasp anything you can” inside the womb.

“Once you’ve grasped something inside, squeeze on the clamp to set the jaws and pull hard—really hard.

You feel something let go and out pops a fully formed leg about six inches long. Reach in again and grasp anything you can…and out pops an arm.” He noted that “a second trimester D&E abortion is a blind procedure.”

He said, “Reach in again and again with that clamp and tear out the spine, intestines, heart and lungs".

House Passes Pro-Life Bill Banning Late-Term Abortions After 20 Weeks | LifeNews.com

Its a crying shame women have to be suppressed like this. A women's right to choose. I don't care if it's 20 weeks, its still not a living being and is not murder. Women shouldn't be penalized for getting pregnant by a man. A man and woman make a mistake, the man gets no punishment yet Republicans want to treat the woman like a vile criminal for accidentally getting pregnant. Enough suppression of women in this country, it is awful. Women have the right to be sexually liberal and not get punished for it. The man can get as many women pregnant and get a slap on the wrist the woman if she is sexually active and accidentally gets pregnant well shame on her for being sexually active according to Republicans, they want to persecute her and treat her like a vile villain just for wanting an abortion. It really is awful the way this country insists to treat women in this day and age.

Birth control and the morning after pill. Those options are out there and available.

Exceptions for rape or incest completely ruin the argument about a fetus being a human being with constitutional rights, IMO. If you believe that it is a child being murdered, how can it matter if the child was created through rape or incest?

As far as the legislation, I'm not sure if 20 weeks is the best timeframe, but it doesn't seem all that far off, even if not. I think the youngest age of survival for a premature birth is older than 20 weeks, but not by more than 2 weeks more. I think 20 weeks is a not-entirely-unreasonable number to set.

Exceptions for rape or incest completely ruin the argument about a fetus being a human being with constitutional rights, IMO. If you believe that it is a child being murdered, how can it matter if the child was created through rape or incest?
I do not think the law can ask its citizens to bear loads that are too great, and these two cases may easily be such, and so the decision is left to the mother.

I would limit abortion legally to the first trimester as soon as the lungs, brain and heart are functioning; the inverse of how we determine the point of the death of a person.

As far as the legislation, I'm not sure if 20 weeks is the best timeframe, but it doesn't seem all that far off, even if not. I think the youngest age of survival for a premature birth is older than 20 weeks, but not by more than 2 weeks more. I think 20 weeks is a not-entirely-unreasonable number to set.

I'll take that debate.

I do not think the law can ask its citizens to bear loads that are too great, and these two cases may easily be such, and so the decision is left to the mother.

I would limit abortion legally to the first trimester as soon as the lungs, brain and heart are functioning; the inverse of how we determine the point of the death of a person.

I'm not sure if those organs are fully formed at 20 weeks; I believe I recently read something about the alveoli in the lungs not being formed at that early a stage. That would make sense, considering that some time over 21 weeks is the youngest recorded premature birth to survive. The 20 week number gives a bit of a cushion to that. :dunno:

I'll take that debate.

Do you mean concerning a rape or incest exception?

Does that mean Murphy's concubine can't get an abortion?

I'll take that debate.

Yes.

Though, I have no idea why people think they need to draw a distinction between rape and incest.

If the incest is not legally consented to, legally, it's a rape like any other. So, I never understood the need to make a distinction between the two.

Does that mean Murphy's concubine can't get an abortion?

I read that article and as I recall it was a false alarm, also, that was a different thread..

What if the woman wants to keep the child and the man does not?

I'm not sure if those organs are fully formed at 20 weeks; I believe I recently read something about the alveoli in the lungs not being formed at that early a stage. That would make sense, considering that some time over 21 weeks is the youngest recorded premature birth to survive. The 20 week number gives a bit of a cushion to that. :dunno:

Not sure why you think that they have to be fully formed to determine life. We dont insist that these organs be complete or undamaged to determine life in the case of determining if a person has lost their life.

Not sure why you think that they have to be fully formed to determine life. We dont insist that these organs be complete or undamaged to determine life in the case of determining if a person has lost their life.

You said when the brain, heart, and lungs are functioning. If the alveoli of the lungs have not formed, the lungs are not functioning. Alveoli are an integral part of lung function. So, not fully formed will often mean not functional.

I'll take that debate.

Yes.

Though, I have no idea why people think they need to draw a distinction between rape and incest.

If the incest is not legally consented to, legally, it's a rape like any other. So, I never understood the need to make a distinction between the two.

It depends on how things are written, but I would imagine that the cases of incest can be exceptions whether it was consensual sex or not. :dunno:

Forum List

Back