18 months and still no miracles

I was away for a week. Did I miss the memo that McCain, who didn't win, is now the new one to blame? Bush is out? Now, that's a miracle!

Most of the independents have caught on that after 4 years in power the democrats haven't a leg to stand on when blaming republicans and after 2 years of NO Bush, Obama may actually be responsible for all the dumb ass things he has done.

Now they will play make believe in an attempt to distract again.

Much as you would like to see it happen, "independents" aren't about to go full throttle to the far right. In fact, it's difficult to gauge independents (real ones) until a few months before an election. They may be leaning further to the right for the mid-terms, but you won't see any commiting beyond that. And by "real ones," I mean just that--not the ex-Bush supporters who suddenly have found themselves in a dilemma because of the FUBAR of that administration and now claim to be independents. Those, and you know who you are, still wouldn't vote for a Democrat no matter who it is. A real independent would.

I love Liberal thinking. hen polls agree with us they are absolutely 100 percent right. When they disagree with us they are biased and wrong.

Something like 70 percent of Independents no longer support the democratic party. Guess who elects our Congress?

Most of the independents have caught on that after 4 years in power the democrats haven't a leg to stand on when blaming republicans and after 2 years of NO Bush, Obama may actually be responsible for all the dumb ass things he has done.

Much as you would like to see it happen, "independents" aren't about to go full throttle to the far right. In fact, it's difficult to gauge independents (real ones) until a few months before an election. They may be leaning further to the right for the mid-terms, but you won't see any commiting beyond that. And by "real ones," I mean just that--not the ex-Bush supporters who suddenly have found themselves in a dilemma because of the FUBAR of that administration and now claim to be independents. Those, and you know who you are, still wouldn't vote for a Democrat no matter who it is. A real independent would.

I love Liberal thinking. hen polls agree with us they are absolutely 100 percent right. When they disagree with us they are biased and wrong.

Something like 70 percent of Independents no longer support the democratic party. Guess who elects our Congress?

What makes you think they support the Republican Party?

I was away for a week. Did I miss the memo that McCain, who didn't win, is now the new one to blame? Bush is out? Now, that's a miracle!

I don't think they'll ever put blame on Barry or the Dems. It will always be Republicans or Bush. Or, as this tread shows, the desperation of the 'what if' blame game. Too funny.

"What if" is what conservatives do best. "What if" the banks were allowed to fail? (Gee, I dunno, but we shoulda found out. No plan for unintended consequences, though.) "What if" we bomb Iran? (Gee, nevermind that we've already got two neighboring wars going on and Iran could shut off oil routing for the entire rest of the world. Let's just give it a try anyway. No plan for unintended consequences, though.) "What if" we suddenly cut off the lifeline for welfare and education grants for low income people. They can either die or die trying. What the fuck do we care, as long as gubmit don't ask me to help my fellow Americans. (No plan for unintended consequences, though.) "What if" my grampa and gramma have to live in a homeless shelter, get sick and die there? They shoulda planned better, dadgumit.

"What if" nobody had to pay taxes for anything that didn't benefit him or her personally? Tough shit. I got mine, so fuck you. But "what if" I get sick, can't work, and those programs are no longer available to help ME?! (Uh oh, an unintended consequence.)

I thank Obama, I still have a job. Republicans wanted to ship all of them overseas.
Could you imagine what would have happened if we elected McCain?

He would have finished the destruction of the US that Republicans started under Bush.

I think it's something about the end of the world will bring Jesus back, but it's never been clear why they want this country destroyed. All we know is they have worked tirelessly to achieve that goal.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. When will you look at the world today? How many jobs has the Big 0's progam added to this economy in the real world?

Not enough, but more than what would exist without it. You people refuse to look at facts.

How Much Stimulus Funding is Going to Your County? | ProPublica Recovery Tracker

Go ahead, keep hoping they elect some more idiotic Liberals.

Go ahead, keep hoping they elect some more idiotic Liberals.

We shall see in November.....

6- The oil spill would still be just as bad. But McCain would've lifted the Jones Act and allowed all the foreign nations to help us instead of Obama refusing to lift it because it would hurt unions.

Why is the right wing still pushing that Jones act nonsense? It only applies to ships leaving from US ports and having a destination to a US port. There are 21 foreign ships involved in cleanup right now. Doesn't seem the Jones Act is keeping them away

Because dumbass it states that a ship leaving a US port and docking at a US port must be US owned and operated (aka, a UNION labor deal).

If foreign ships come to help, they're gonna have to dock after a few days, in a US port, leave again to help clean up, then dock again, then leave, then dock, you know........for a lengthy clean up. So, if a British owned and operated ship came to help, it could dock at a US port, then go clean up, but according to the Jones act, would have to re-dock at a foreign port before returning to the US port. Basically, a cluster-fu** of a clean-up effort.

All Obama has to do is end the Jones Act for a while. Then, a lot more than 21 ships (probably docking in Mexico or a Gulf island nation to avoid the Jones Act) could come help.

But then again, Obama has to look out for the unions. As always.

It has to do with national security. Why on earth should we allow any foreign ship, carte blanche permission to enter our waters? Dumbass...

Whose to say it wouldn't have been 30 million without stimulus? or 40? You seem to forget just how precipitous the situation was. Direct distribution as you propose, eg, throwing money out of airplanes, would not fix the problem. You need to get at the root.

I'm not necessarily saying Obama's stimulii have done the trick, but I will say that 1. The situation is better now than it was, and 2. We don't know what might have happened if we'd done nothing (And "We" includes you). It could have been much, much worse.
And monkeys could've flown out your butt...What's that supposed to prove of any positive merit?

Translation: I can't prove otherwise, so I'll just sit here and swear and pretend I'm Jeff Bridges acting all cool 'n stuff.

If McCain had done nothing after entering office besides trying to assure confidence, he would have done better than the Big 0. He has thoroughly confused everyone, blown his chance fix things when handed a blank check and now is going to remove about 5% from the economy by allowing the "Bush Tax Cuts" to expire.

Luckily for his constituancy, which is largely out of work, the unemployed will not have to suffer by having their withholding increased.

Unluckily for his constituancy, as long as he in office, they will never find work again.

So, let's check the balance sheet. We are DOWN to 14.6 million unemployed. The stimulus is about a trillion, actually more, but let's use that number.

1 trillion divided by 14.6 million = $68,493. All of the unemployed could have recieved $68,493 so far. This would be a monthly benefit of $3,805. If you're unemployed and did not recieve $3,805 per month since the Big 0 took office, you're getting cheated.

Employment Situation Summary

Whose to say it wouldn't have been 30 million without stimulus? or 40? You seem to forget just how precipitous the situation was. Direct distribution as you propose, eg, throwing money out of airplanes, would not fix the problem. You need to get at the root.

I'm not necessarily saying Obama's stimulii have done the trick, but I will say that 1. The situation is better now than it was, and 2. We don't know what might have happened if we'd done nothing (And "We" includes you). It could have been much, much worse.

I find this so interesting: Liberals are defending the massive Obama stimulus by saying "We dont know what might have happened if we'd done nothing".

Hmmmmmmmm. I can't help but ponder.............what if that logic were applied to Iraq, where the left spent 8 years nearly crapping their pants by screaming in protest of the Iraq War. Had we not gone, might Saddam have redeveloped his nuclear and WMD programs, which he claimed to still have? Might he have aided the Taliban in Afghanistan? Hamas in Palestine? Same for Afghanistan, might Al Qaida and the Taliban have bought weapons from Saddam? Might they have grown stronger and more emboldened after 9-11 without a ground war to dismantle their ops?

Interesting. Obama passes the stimulus, which appears to be partially a failure, and we get that it was necessary because we don't know "What might have happened". I for one am not knocking the stimulus that much. It sucks. But was it necessary? Maybe. Bush did one. Obama did one. It's true we're not sure what would've happened. With the economy, and with Iraq. The left should be consistent with their belief in the theory of "What might have happened has we not done something".

You're comparing apples and oranges.

With Iraq, there certainly was no IMMEDIATE need for an outright invasion (as in real war where we had been attacked first). In reality, the decision to invade did take longer because of that.

The collapse of the economy, on the other hand, literally began to unravel overnight with the collapse of Bear-Stearns in March of 08, panic setting in among the other investment houses, then the collapse of Lehman Brothers, which set in motion a bank run the following day on a global scale that had to have brakes put on IMMEDIATELY.

Think what you want, but people looking for jobs or having trouble paying their bills, are not consoling themselves with such thoughts.

I had dinner with three of my friends last night. Two are in construction and one is in healthcare. Both of those in construction are on unemployment have been for over a month now. We were talking about it and one of them stated that under Bush they never had been laid off, and both are blaming Obama for their unemployment now.
Doesn't matter who's fault you want to place the blame....the people that are unemployed are blaming Barry. just sayin....

That's true. Whenever a situation like this occurs, it's only human nature that people become so frustrated their only consolation is to blame the person in charge.

If McCain had done nothing after entering office besides trying to assure confidence, he would have done better than the Big 0. He has thoroughly confused everyone, blown his chance fix things when handed a blank check and now is going to remove about 5% from the economy by allowing the "Bush Tax Cuts" to expire.

Luckily for his constituancy, which is largely out of work, the unemployed will not have to suffer by having their withholding increased.

Unluckily for his constituancy, as long as he in office, they will never find work again.

So, let's check the balance sheet. We are DOWN to 14.6 million unemployed. The stimulus is about a trillion, actually more, but let's use that number.

1 trillion divided by 14.6 million = $68,493. All of the unemployed could have recieved $68,493 so far. This would be a monthly benefit of $3,805. If you're unemployed and did not recieve $3,805 per month since the Big 0 took office, you're getting cheated.

Employment Situation Summary

Historically, when a recession drops fast it recovers fast. This is the "V" graph recession.

Something stopped the quick recovery. You make the call.

In Europe, the unemployment rate went from 9.5 to 10% over the last year. Our very European results are far worse than the Japanese which have an unemployment rate near 6%, about 5.6%. The Big 0 program is a disaster, period. If he'd done nothing, restrained by an obstructionist Congress, and it got worse, then he'd be off the hook.

He got every, single thing he asked for, predicted the success he expected and has failed in every sense.

Could have been much worse? All things are possible, but he's spent every cent he could lay his hands on and done so in a way that produced nothing good. That in itself is impressive. Not successful, but impressive.

http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/cache/ITY_PUBLIC/3-02072010-AP/EN/3-02072010-AP-EN.PDF

You simply cannot measure the success after such a short period of time. And that's really the crux of what the original cartoon was all about.

Think what you want, but people looking for jobs or having trouble paying their bills, are not consoling themselves with such thoughts.

I had dinner with three of my friends last night. Two are in construction and one is in healthcare. Both of those in construction are on unemployment have been for over a month now. We were talking about it and one of them stated that under Bush they never had been laid off, and both are blaming Obama for their unemployment now.
Doesn't matter who's fault you want to place the blame....the people that are unemployed are blaming Barry. just sayin....

I've come to the ultimate analogy for Barack Obama. A football coach. As our country's football coach, I compare him to a coach who was hired by a college when another coach retired, and this guy got the job over the retired coach's friend.

2 years in, the team is still losing.

And the current coach is saying things like:

"The last coaching staff didn't recruit good players."
"The last coaching staff didn't make the players run and lift weights."
"The last coaching staff allowed players to be lazy."
"The last coaching staff didn't build good facilities to recruit with."
"Yeah, we went 5-6 this year, but it could've been worse."
"We inherited a team that wasn't very good, so you cant expect so much."

Well, just like in football, that doesn't play well with the folks. Obama is in charge now. Blaming the last "coach" no longer cuts it. Is there some adversity from the last "coach"? Yeah, sure. And a lot isn't, a lot is because of Obama and just from new arising problems.

The presidency is just like a college football coach. You get about 6 months to blame the last coach. After that? You're the man. It all falls on you.

Almost 2 full seasons in, and Obama is still blaming the last coach for his losses. Not a winning strategy.

Gee, that's funny. I still see references to the old OLD coach, Bill Clinton, referring to the housing crisis being all his fault. Imagine that...

It's a fucking given that one administration's policies transition into the next. Get real.

bucs90 said:
But, to the original message of "No miracles yet".........you mean people are still having to pay their mortgages and put gas in their cars? GASP!!! And to think, Obama voters actually thought he was gonna pay their mortgages and gas bills for them.

Uh no, asshole. The majority of Obama voters would have voted for Donald Duck if he had been a Democratic candidate who thought it was time to put some teeth into DOMESTIC PROBLEMS for a change instead of trying to solve the rest of the world's.

Haha.

True. Democrats probably would even have voted for a black candidate who had no job, no campaign signs, no speeches, no campaign website, a pending sexual felony charge on a college girl, and whose idea for economic recovery was to manufacture action figures of himself in an Army outfit.

Oh.......wait, Democrats DID vote for that guy. And sadly, they're gonna vote for him again this November vs Jim DeMint.

Yeah, you're right, lefties will vote for anyone with a D beside their name. Even a guy whose "Teeth into domestic problems" will be his own line of action figures to boost the economy.

I thought the guys running with fake military credentials were all Republicans. Be careful who you play tit-for-tat with, bud. I'm usually quite capable of proving your hypocrisy.

bucs90 said:
But, to the original message of "No miracles yet".........you mean people are still having to pay their mortgages and put gas in their cars? GASP!!! And to think, Obama voters actually thought he was gonna pay their mortgages and gas bills for them.

Uh no, asshole. The majority of Obama voters would have voted for Donald Duck if he had been a Democratic candidate who thought it was time to put some teeth into DOMESTIC PROBLEMS for a change instead of trying to solve the rest of the world's.

Oh, and we are the richest nation on Earth, and our "poor" really aint that bad off and they themselves are amongst the top 5% of wealthy people on the planet. So our "domestic problems" are relatively minor, and mostly based on envy of those who are extremely rich, vs kinda rich, vs well off, vs "poor" but living better than 95% of the rest of the world.

So our "domestic problems" aren't really problems as much as...........issues of discomfort for a better term.

Did I mention class differences? Nope, but you did. Thanks for that. But my thoughts were geared more to alternative energy, enforcement of illegal immigration, stronger security measures for our ports, etc., crumbling infrastructure, lagging education, competitive trade policies, and less concentration on how much nation-building we need to spend tax dollars on across the pond.

They would not have approved a billion dollar bailout that did not work nor a trillion and half dollar budget. They would not tell the people " don't read the bill, honest we know what is best" We would not have billions in new costs due to a failed Health care idiocy. We would not be looking at a doubling of the deficit in 4 years. Nor would 50 cents on ever dollar the fed spends be borrowed.

You know those would be the results...how? All the lip service for over a year by Republicans is just that. Generating revenue without destroying programs that benefit a majority of society is a lot easier said than done. I'm extremely anxious to watch them try.

Living in a bankrupt country is a lot worse. Both sides are just trying to kick the can to the other party until the inevitable time period comes when the social services collapse and our country goes bankrupt. Neither side wants to be the side that is PROACTIVE in cutting spending because, of course, people will whine and cry about their entitlement being gone and vote them out.

Our system is unsustainable. It's going to have to be cut. No way around it. Conservative values need to be learned, because a time is coming when self-reliance, responsibility and independence will be the ONLY way to get by in our country. Relying on the gov't for one's needs is coming to an end. The only real debate is which party will be in charge when it happens, because neither wants to be the one that prevents it through proactive and gradual spending cuts.

I actually agree, and I thank you for finally saying something rational because until you do, you won't receive a kind retort from me when it appears you're only in attack mode. What you said points more than ever to the fact that some kind of compromise is needed that, YES, will be painful. But it will be compromise nevertheless. Nothing of import has ever been accomplished in this country without it.

Both my construction ventures are flat out in the tank right now.

People who have the money are sitting on it, because of all the economic uncertainty with the current bunch of spoiled little brats in charge of the nation's credit card.

Some articles you might want to look at?

• Daily Beast: The Elite Turn Against Obama - Lloyd Grove

• Daily Beast: He's Done Everything Wrong - Mort Zuckerman

Appears some are getting it.

I don't know about Lloyd Grove, but Mort Zuckerman is nothing but a wild-eyed reactionary, and I wouldn't expect anything less from that jerk.

You know those would be the results...how? All the lip service for over a year by Republicans is just that. Generating revenue without destroying programs that benefit a majority of society is a lot easier said than done. I'm extremely anxious to watch them try.

Living in a bankrupt country is a lot worse. Both sides are just trying to kick the can to the other party until the inevitable time period comes when the social services collapse and our country goes bankrupt. Neither side wants to be the side that is PROACTIVE in cutting spending because, of course, people will whine and cry about their entitlement being gone and vote them out.

Our system is unsustainable. It's going to have to be cut. No way around it. Conservative values need to be learned, because a time is coming when self-reliance, responsibility and independence will be the ONLY way to get by in our country. Relying on the gov't for one's needs is coming to an end. The only real debate is which party will be in charge when it happens, because neither wants to be the one that prevents it through proactive and gradual spending cuts.

What would make you think our country is bankrupt? We are the wealthiest nation on earth. There is no country right now who is on a good financial footing. Would you like to trade places with China?
We tried those good Conservative values for eight years. Those good ole, self reliant, let big business operate with minimal government intervention, lets remove environmental and safety regulations and let business prosper....we ended up with a collapsed economy and ecological and safety disasters.

The ones who rely the most on the government for its needs are not the poor but the wealthy. They are the ones demanding economic protections, waivers of regulations, tax incentives, relaxation of labor rules...

Glad to see it's finally not just me against all the cons here. So now I have to sign off until tomorrow, and leave you to do battle until then. Sorry!!

[Thought I should say that before I'm accused of running away from trooooooth!! :lol:)

Forum List

Back