18 months and still no miracles

bucs90 said:
But, to the original message of "No miracles yet".........you mean people are still having to pay their mortgages and put gas in their cars? GASP!!! And to think, Obama voters actually thought he was gonna pay their mortgages and gas bills for them.

Uh no, asshole. The majority of Obama voters would have voted for Donald Duck if he had been a Democratic candidate who thought it was time to put some teeth into DOMESTIC PROBLEMS for a change instead of trying to solve the rest of the world's.

--->whoosh--->

The cartoon brought home to me the question what would McCain have done? What would Palin do, if faced with those same problems all within a year and a half?

Compounding the very real problems is a 21st Century presidency having to deal with channel-changing, text-messaging, viral e-mailing, Twittering, self-appointed experts wanting instant gratification. McCain has a wicked temper and would be throwing tantrums. Palin's self-image is so great, she would have just quit.

Well, under McCain/Palin, the following would be different:

1- The Healthcare bill that will bankrupt the USA would not have passed.
2- The US Federal Gov't would not drop a lawsuit on Arizona for the immigration bill.
3- The US foreign policy would not be to bow to dictators and appease Iran. Iran is emboldened and rapidly aquiring a nuclear weapon. Unspeakable evil could result.
4- The economy would probably be no better, no worse. No president can fix that right now. But, I imagine businesses wouldn't be as nervous about higher taxes under McCain. Maybe would be more willing to take some hiring risks, especially knowing they aren't gonna be forced to pay healthcare for every worker they hire. That healthcare bill is a hiring issue also.
5- The Black Panthers would be getting prosecuted by the Feds.
6- The oil spill would still be just as bad. But McCain would've lifted the Jones Act and allowed all the foreign nations to help us instead of Obama refusing to lift it because it would hurt unions.

But, to the original message of "No miracles yet".........you mean people are still having to pay their mortgages and put gas in their cars? GASP!!! And to think, Obama voters actually thought he was gonna pay their mortgages and gas bills for them.

Neither McCain nor Palin would have operated as one-person shows, either. They too would have had advisory staff, especially with regard to Iran and I can guarantee that McCain would NOT be threatening to bomb them. Many campaign promises would be unfulfilled or put on the back burner, just as they always are.

With regard the the domestic issues, nope-- health care would not even be mentioned as a problem (that is until the skyrocketing costs of private care and insurance began hitting the pockets of the upper-middle class). Both would have realized immediately that the TARP "bailout" (although disgusting to have to do) was the only way to stop a run on banks all over the world and completely destroying the economy. They would have allowed GM to fail and thus become responsible for an additional thousands (and thousands more that rely on the auto industry) to join the ranks of the unemployed.

You mentioned a few "events" like the Black Panthers (that group which, by the way, apparently will face charges for their influence peddling), but for the most part, that was such a tiny non-story, nobody really gives a shit. The whole state of Ohio in 2004? Now THAT was a story about influence peddling. But I won't derail the thread.

The Panthers were already charged and tried in their absence. They didn't show up for court and were found guilty in their absence. During the time between that and official sentencing, Eric Holder had the charges dropped. No sentencing was ever done. If they are going to revisit the prosecution, then great. Thats news to me if so.

bucs90 said:

Uh no, asshole. The majority of Obama voters would have voted for Donald Duck if he had been a Democratic candidate who thought it was time to put some teeth into DOMESTIC PROBLEMS for a change instead of trying to solve the rest of the world's.

Haha.

True. Democrats probably would even have voted for a black candidate who had no job, no campaign signs, no speeches, no campaign website, a pending sexual felony charge on a college girl, and whose idea for economic recovery was to manufacture action figures of himself in an Army outfit.

Oh.......wait, Democrats DID vote for that guy. And sadly, they're gonna vote for him again this November vs Jim DeMint.

Yeah, you're right, lefties will vote for anyone with a D beside their name. Even a guy whose "Teeth into domestic problems" will be his own line of action figures to boost the economy.

Looks like that hopey-changey went right down the drain. :lol::lol::lol:

--->whoosh--->

The cartoon brought home to me the question what would McCain have done? What would Palin do, if faced with those same problems all within a year and a half?

Compounding the very real problems is a 21st Century presidency having to deal with channel-changing, text-messaging, viral e-mailing, Twittering, self-appointed experts wanting instant gratification. McCain has a wicked temper and would be throwing tantrums. Palin's self-image is so great, she would have just quit.

They would not have approved a billion dollar bailout that did not work nor a trillion and half dollar budget. They would not tell the people " don't read the bill, honest we know what is best" We would not have billions in new costs due to a failed Health care idiocy. We would not be looking at a doubling of the deficit in 4 years. Nor would 50 cents on ever dollar the fed spends be borrowed.

You know those would be the results...how? All the lip service for over a year by Republicans is just that. Generating revenue without destroying programs that benefit a majority of society is a lot easier said than done. I'm extremely anxious to watch them try.

bucs90 said:

Oh, and we are the richest nation on Earth, and our "poor" really aint that bad off and they themselves are amongst the top 5% of wealthy people on the planet. So our "domestic problems" are relatively minor, and mostly based on envy of those who are extremely rich, vs kinda rich, vs well off, vs "poor" but living better than 95% of the rest of the world.

So our "domestic problems" aren't really problems as much as...........issues of discomfort for a better term.

--->whoosh--->

Who holds the office of the presidency? Let's just stick with that question, because it is the reality.

Huh? He hardly operates in a vacuum. I don't know what you want "the question" to be.

--->whoosh--->

They would not have approved a billion dollar bailout that did not work nor a trillion and half dollar budget. They would not tell the people " don't read the bill, honest we know what is best" We would not have billions in new costs due to a failed Health care idiocy. We would not be looking at a doubling of the deficit in 4 years. Nor would 50 cents on ever dollar the fed spends be borrowed.

You know those would be the results...how? All the lip service for over a year by Republicans is just that. Generating revenue without destroying programs that benefit a majority of society is a lot easier said than done. I'm extremely anxious to watch them try.

Living in a bankrupt country is a lot worse. Both sides are just trying to kick the can to the other party until the inevitable time period comes when the social services collapse and our country goes bankrupt. Neither side wants to be the side that is PROACTIVE in cutting spending because, of course, people will whine and cry about their entitlement being gone and vote them out.

Our system is unsustainable. It's going to have to be cut. No way around it. Conservative values need to be learned, because a time is coming when self-reliance, responsibility and independence will be the ONLY way to get by in our country. Relying on the gov't for one's needs is coming to an end. The only real debate is which party will be in charge when it happens, because neither wants to be the one that prevents it through proactive and gradual spending cuts.

I had dinner with three of my friends last night. Two are in construction and one is in healthcare. Both of those in construction are on unemployment have been for over a month now. We were talking about it and one of them stated that under Bush they never had been laid off, and both are blaming Obama for their unemployment now.
Doesn't matter who's fault you want to place the blame....the people that are unemployed are blaming Barry. just sayin....
Both my construction ventures are flat out in the tank right now.

People who have the money are sitting on it, because of all the economic uncertainty with the current bunch of spoiled little brats in charge of the nation's credit card.

Some articles you might want to look at?

• Daily Beast: The Elite Turn Against Obama - Lloyd Grove

• Daily Beast: He's Done Everything Wrong - Mort Zuckerman

Appears some are getting it.

They would have cut taxes to correct each problem and would be "studying" healthcare...beyond that, I really don't know

Translation: They would have allowed the private sector to keep more if it's own money, so that the private sector would have more money to invest in looking for way's to fix it's own problems.

Super Duper Fantastic Translation: They would expect more Americans to fix their problems with their own money and own ideas instead of crying to the government to fix it.

Super Duper Fantastic Fun Hour Translation: People would have to be more responsible and accountable for their own issues, but our country would go bankrupt a lot farther down the road than we are going to now.

Hey, that pesky personal responsibility thing keeps rearing it's ugly head. Good thing the progressive left is going to eliminate all need for it.

And the real translation: How come none of that worked before? What did the upper crust who got the biggest windfall from tax cuts do with it? Did they invest in America or foreign entities? If in America, why did so many businesses fail IMMEDIATELY once the big banks failed. Why weren't they properly leveraged? Why were wages stagnant, benefits cut or non-existent in the first decade of the century if the tax windfall that was supposed to trickle down and BUILD the economy was actually used for that purpose?

I had dinner with three of my friends last night. Two are in construction and one is in healthcare. Both of those in construction are on unemployment have been for over a month now. We were talking about it and one of them stated that under Bush they never had been laid off, and both are blaming Obama for their unemployment now.
Doesn't matter who's fault you want to place the blame....the people that are unemployed are blaming Barry. just sayin....

People who have the money are sitting on it, because of all the economic uncertainty with the current bunch of spoiled little brats in charge of the nation's credit card.

Saw those yesterday.

My question is why was it that those supposed wizards of smart couldn't see this coming back during the campaign?

I sure did.

--->whoosh--->

That point didn't go over my head.

Funny how blind political hacks, like you and Trudeau, need to deflect from their abject failures by playing "oh yeah, well at least we're not as sucky as THEM."

Fool.

Well if I ever become as "sucky" as you, no one will have to try to kill me, I'll do it myself. I can't stand bloviating narcissists.

I thank Obama, I still have a job. Republicans wanted to ship all of them overseas.

Could you imagine what would have happened if we elected McCain?

He would have finished the destruction of the US that Republicans started under Bush.

I think it's something about the end of the world will bring Jesus back, but it's never been clear why they want this country destroyed. All we know is they have worked tirelessly to achieve that goal.

If there were an award for most brainwashed far left liberal on this site, you'd contend.

Rather than trying to reverse the progressive brainwashing you've endured, allow me to propose you with a math formula:

Past Republicans: Wanted to export jobs.

Current Democrats: Want to keep importing workers.

Exporting Jobs + Importing Workers = What for the American people?

Solve that equation, and you'll understand a portion of the Tea Party message. Both sides suck. We are trying to clean out the right. You need to try to clean out the left. We cannot export jobs while importing workers. The math doesn't work out well for us.

I agree except for one point: We need to educate Americans to prepare them for the talent we IMPORT (thinking here only of the H1-B visas for the high paying scientific and technical jobs, and not lettuce pickers). Conservatives think educating Americans is a dumb proposition and that it should be done by home schooling or private schools that not every kid has access to.

Saw those yesterday.

My question is why was it that those supposed wizards of smart couldn't see this coming back during the campaign?

I sure did.

Many of us did. They were warned...and now it's come to fruition. I guess it's hard for some of them to see past their elitist blinders. At least they see it...and I say welcome to the fray.

What will be their next step?

:eusa_think:

--->whoosh--->

That point didn't go over my head.

Funny how blind political hacks, like you and Trudeau, need to deflect from their abject failures by playing "oh yeah, well at least we're not as sucky as THEM."

Fool.

Hey man, cut 'em some slack. They have actually made a huge leap forward in progress on this thread. Their Messiah got criticized, yes, again. He's a disaster and getting worse.

But they deflected the blame and asked what would've happened if McCain won? While that is still a sorry argument in response to your question, do you know why it is progress for their brainwashed liberal brains???? Well, I still can't believe it and the thread is far from over, but so far they actually haven't blamed Bush. Amazing isn't it?

Yep, all those problems (and more) happened just since January 2009. Sorry, I forgot.

I think the question about McCain is valid. Ironically, however, IF the Republicans had a candidate worth his/her salt that intends to challenge Obama with any workable platform (that isn't just a repeat of 2008-2006), I have yet to see who that might be and I would have used that name.

Living in a bankrupt country is a lot worse. Both sides are just trying to kick the can to the other party until the inevitable time period comes when the social services collapse and our country goes bankrupt. Neither side wants to be the side that is PROACTIVE in cutting spending because, of course, people will whine and cry about their entitlement being gone and vote them out.

Our system is unsustainable. It's going to have to be cut. No way around it. Conservative values need to be learned, because a time is coming when self-reliance, responsibility and independence will be the ONLY way to get by in our country. Relying on the gov't for one's needs is coming to an end. The only real debate is which party will be in charge when it happens, because neither wants to be the one that prevents it through proactive and gradual spending cuts.

What would make you think our country is bankrupt? We are the wealthiest nation on earth. There is no country right now who is on a good financial footing. Would you like to trade places with China?
We tried those good Conservative values for eight years. Those good ole, self reliant, let big business operate with minimal government intervention, lets remove environmental and safety regulations and let business prosper....we ended up with a collapsed economy and ecological and safety disasters.

The ones who rely the most on the government for its needs are not the poor but the wealthy. They are the ones demanding economic protections, waivers of regulations, tax incentives, relaxation of labor rules...

I was away for a week. Did I miss the memo that McCain, who didn't win, is now the new one to blame? Bush is out? Now, that's a miracle!

Most of the independents have caught on that after 4 years in power the democrats haven't a leg to stand on when blaming republicans and after 2 years of NO Bush, Obama may actually be responsible for all the dumb ass things he has done.

Now they will play make believe in an attempt to distract again.

Much as you would like to see it happen, "independents" aren't about to go full throttle to the far right. In fact, it's difficult to gauge independents (real ones) until a few months before an election. They may be leaning further to the right for the mid-terms, but you won't see any commiting beyond that. And by "real ones," I mean just that--not the ex-Bush supporters who suddenly have found themselves in a dilemma because of the FUBAR of that administration and now claim to be independents. Those, and you know who you are, still wouldn't vote for a Democrat no matter who it is. A real independent would.

--->whoosh--->

If McCain had done nothing after entering office besides trying to assure confidence, he would have done better than the Big 0. He has thoroughly confused everyone, blown his chance fix things when handed a blank check and now is going to remove about 5% from the economy by allowing the "Bush Tax Cuts" to expire.

Luckily for his constituancy, which is largely out of work, the unemployed will not have to suffer by having their withholding increased.

Unluckily for his constituancy, as long as he in office, they will never find work again.

So, let's check the balance sheet. We are DOWN to 14.6 million unemployed. The stimulus is about a trillion, actually more, but let's use that number.

1 trillion divided by 14.6 million = $68,493. All of the unemployed could have recieved $68,493 so far. This would be a monthly benefit of $3,805. If you're unemployed and did not recieve $3,805 per month since the Big 0 took office, you're getting cheated.

Employment Situation Summary

Oh by all means use just statistical numbers to prove your case and say nothing about the REASONS for unemployment. :cuckoo: :dig:

6- The oil spill would still be just as bad. But McCain would've lifted the Jones Act and allowed all the foreign nations to help us instead of Obama refusing to lift it because it would hurt unions.

Why is the right wing still pushing that Jones act nonsense? It only applies to ships leaving from US ports and having a destination to a US port. There are 21 foreign ships involved in cleanup right now. Doesn't seem the Jones Act is keeping them away

And it only took Obama 2 months to approve their use, go figure.

First of all, there were already 15 flagged ships in the gulf ready to assist. Refusing to waive the Jones Act is yet another VIRALLY spread piece of disinformation.

Oil Spill, Foreign Help and the Jones Act | FactCheck.org
The Jones Act is a trade and commerce law that was enacted in 1920 as part of a larger Marine Merchant Act. It requires all trade delivered between U.S. ports to be carried in U.S. flagged vessels constructed in the United States and owned by American citizens. The law states its purpose is to develop a merchant marine for national defense and commerce.

Why was the Jones Act waived as part of the Hurricane Katrina response, and why hasn’t it been waived now? Katrina inflicted massive infrastructure damage, which restricted the availability of key resources. According to the Deepwater Horizon response team: "A Jones Act waiver was granted during Hurricane Katrina due to the significant disruption in the production and transportation of petroleum and/or refined petroleum products in the region during that emergency and the impact this had on national defense." The Deepwater Horizon spill has yet to affect infrastructure or oil and gas availability; the damage is environmental, and foreign vessels are approved for delivering resources and conducting offshore skimming. Although the Jones Act is currently not applicable, the federal government has taken steps to expedite the waiver process should the oil spill response require a Jones Act waiver for trade and commerce.

--->whoosh--->

If McCain had done nothing after entering office besides trying to assure confidence, he would have done better than the Big 0. He has thoroughly confused everyone, blown his chance fix things when handed a blank check and now is going to remove about 5% from the economy by allowing the "Bush Tax Cuts" to expire.

Luckily for his constituancy, which is largely out of work, the unemployed will not have to suffer by having their withholding increased.

Unluckily for his constituancy, as long as he in office, they will never find work again.

So, let's check the balance sheet. We are DOWN to 14.6 million unemployed. The stimulus is about a trillion, actually more, but let's use that number.

1 trillion divided by 14.6 million = $68,493. All of the unemployed could have recieved $68,493 so far. This would be a monthly benefit of $3,805. If you're unemployed and did not recieve $3,805 per month since the Big 0 took office, you're getting cheated.

Employment Situation Summary

Yeah, but did you notice how cool he is? And and and how awesome it is that he's black? And did you hear how awesome and fantastic his speeches sound? And he plays basketball, and, and, and he's so cool, and he's always on ESPN picking games, and, and, and he's just awesome, he's so much better than Bush and McCain, and you just listen to Glen Beck too much!

You're just way too clever, but don't quit your day job. :lol:

Forum List

Back