Q for Left: Have the Clintons "made enough money" yet?

A more specific question is, at what point does reasonable wealth end and greed-based excess begin?

I believe the Internal Revenue Service should act to confiscate any personal assets in excess of twenty million dollars -- because the status of royalty and the corruptive influence of unlimited wealth occurs beyond that level.

We have seen the destructive effect of unbridled wealth in the past when the so-called Robber Barons wielded control of the nation's economy and politics during the Gilded Age. During that shameful era the U.S. population consisted of three classes; the rich, the poor and the destitute. There was no Middle Class at that time and it took the radical influence of FDR's New Deal to turn things around by imposing a confiscatory tax on the super-rich and implementing an equitable redistribution of the Nation's wealth.

That process was aided by the imposition of numerous regulations on the banking and finance industries and on the Wall Street manipulators. Those regulations have been quietly and strategically undone beginning with Ronald Reagan's deregulation of the Savings and Loan industry. The ultimate effect of assault on the Middle Class, which includes the decimation of organized labor, has been the gradual and ongoing return to the Gilded Age.

In keeping with the implicit goals inherent in the promise of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of Happiness it is absolutely necessary to eliminate the absolute corruption of our political system by forbidding the accumulation of excessive assets by any American citizen.

Last edited:
A more specific question is, at what point does reasonable wealth end and greed-based excess begin?

I believe the Internal Revenue Service should act to confiscate any personal assets in excess of twenty million dollars -- because the status of royalty and the corruptive influence of unlimited wealth occurs beyond that level.

We have seen the destructive effect of unbridled wealth in the past when the so-called Robber Barons wielded control of the nations economy and politics during the Gilded Age. During that shameful era the U.S. population consisted of three classes; the rich, the poor and the destitute. There was no Middle Class at that time and it took the radical inflence of FDR's New Deal to turn things around by imposing a confiscatory tax on the super-rich and implementing an equitable redistribution of the Nation's wealth.

That process was aided by the imposition of numerous regulations on the banking and finance industries and on the Wall Street manipulators. Those regulations have been quietly and strategically removed beginning with Ronald Reagan's deregulation of the Savings and Loan industry. The ultimate effect of assault on the Middle Class, which includes the decimation of Organized Labor, has been the gradual and ongoing return to the Gilded Age.

In keeping with the implicit goals inherent in the promise of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of Happiness it is absolutely necessary to eliminate the absolute corruption of our political system by forbidding the accumulation of excessive assets by any American citizen.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have a real problem with CEO's having ten homes, airplanes, and yahts, while they lay off American workers. When the Clinton's start making billions of dollars, while speaking out against unions, I will care about what they make.

Barack Obama is on record saying, "I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money."

Bill and Hillary still own their house in Chappaqua and are looking at an $11MM estate in Bedford.

Clintons looking to move to new $11 million manse - NYPOST.com

At what point do Obama and the Left say to the Clinton's "Enough!"?

I have to have to explain this to the right.

There is nothing wrong with making money as long as you work for it. What Wall Street did, while legal under Republican deregulation, was unethical.

You make money by "producing something".

Obama made money by writing two books. (The right howls when you say this. They assume, wrongly, that if Sarah can't write, neither can Obama.)

Clinton was a popular president. In spite of the fact that Republicans spent tens of millions in tax payer money going after him and his family. Imagine if they put that effort into helping the middle class. Just kidding. It sounds funny, I know. Republicans helping the middle class. As THAT would ever happen.

Clinton's administration saw the growth of 26 million jobs and economic prosperity. Bush saw a measly three million jobs over eight years and economic collapse.

Clinton has made over a hundred million from public speaking and book tours. Bush has made a hundred thousand being 4th on the ticket at events featuring "positive thinking".

Clinton never needed White Water. That was made up by Republicans. Obama will make three times what Clinton made. Republicans haven't been able to make anything stick against Obama so far. They may have shot their wad going after Clinton. It's hard using the same tired lies again and again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barack Obama is on record saying, "I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money."

Bill and Hillary still own their house in Chappaqua and are looking at an $11MM estate in Bedford.

In 1969, Hillary Rodham gave the student commencement address at Wellesley in which she said that “ for too long our leaders have used politics as the art of making what appears to be impossible, possible….We’re not interested in social reconstruction; it’s human reconstruction.” She went on to say that her class had “feelings that our prevailing, acquisitive, and competitive corporate life, including tragically the universities, is not the way of life for us. We’re searching for more immediate, ecstatic and penetrating modes of living”…and the use of dissent to “unabashedly…forge an identity…”

Are we speaking of the same Hillary...or does money not fall within the definition of 'acquisitive'?

There is nothing wrong with making money as long as you work for it. What Wall Street did, while legal under Republican deregulation, was unethical.

Obama made money by writing two books. (The right howls when you say this. They assume, wrongly, that if Sarah can't write, neither can Obama.)

Clinton was a popular president. In spite of the fact that Republicans spent tens of millions in tax payer money going after him and his family. Imagine if they put that effort into helping the middle class. Just kidding. It sounds funny, I know. Republicans helping the middle class. As THAT would ever happen.

Clinton's administration saw the growth of 26 million jobs and economic prosperity. Bush saw a measly three million jobs over eight years and economic collapse.

Clinton has made over a hundred million from public speaking and book tours. Bush has made a hundred thousand being 4th on the ticket at events featuring "positive thinking".

Clinton never needed White Water. That was made up by Republicans. Obama will make three times what Clinton made. Republicans haven't been able to make anything stick against Obama so far. They may have shot their wad going after Clinton. It's hard using the same tired lies again and again.

why do you constantly lie? everyday i come on this board and you've told another lie...how convenient you don't mention democratic dereg

So, Libs have a problem when people with jobs they don't understand make money.

What is Bill Clinton producing? How is he "working for it"?

Bill Clinton is selling access to the U.S. government largely to special and foreign interests.

why do you constantly lie? everyday i come on this board and you've told another lie...how convenient you don't mention democratic dereg

Oh yea, Wall Street was deregulated by the Democrats. Un huh. Sure. You believe that? How much of Bush's two terms did Republicans hold both houses? When was Wall Street deregulated? When did the mortgage market move from Freddie/Fannie to Wall Street? And yet, it's was the Democrats? Next you'll be saying BP's PACs gave Obama money.

When Bill Clinton writes a book.

When Bill Clinton is paid to give a speech.

Hey, who else makes money that way? Think, "New Boobs".
palin-boobs-wonkette-thumb-400x233.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

When Bill Clinton writes a book.

When Bill Clinton is paid to give a speech.

Hey, who else makes money that way? Think, "New Boobs".
palin-boobs-wonkette-thumb-400x233.jpg

Except Palin and her boobs aren't railing against Capitalism, Obama is.

Clinton gives a speech...so? What's that worth? $50? $100? What's he telling anyone that worth money?

Last edited:
Like Obama said....it is for the Clintons to decide when they have made enough money

They do contribute much of their earnings to Charity

I have a real problem with CEO's having ten homes, airplanes, and yahts, while they lay off American workers. When the Clinton's start making billions of dollars, while speaking out against unions, I will care about what they make.

So, basically you want social justice and a more equal distribution of material wealth?

It is not for me to decide when the Clinton's have made too much money. More power to them, the Palin's, the Gore's, the Bush's, the Pelosi's, the Buffets etc. More power to me too. ;)

Immie

Forum List

Back