16 year-old mauled to death in fenced-in backyard, no charges filed

It should be easy for a healthy adult to fight off a dog.
That guy must have been weak or sick.

Do you have any idea how strong some pit bulls are and how much stronger they become when competing with other dogs? But then again who knows

On another note, it's highly likely that NOBODY will insure that guy's property.

I'm on my way over right now to burn a cross on the guy's yard and demand he sell his home and move out of the community. Hell, even the state! There are no unfortunate accidents in today's world---- every contingency must be thought of, people must be perfect and there is no room for mistakes, accidents or second chances. Every little thing must be painstakingly litigated for years in court at great cost. Hopefully his employer will get wind of this incident and fire him from his job as well.

So if a little kid accidentally throws his ball into a fenced-in yard and jumps the fence to get it and gets mauled to death, it's "too bad" for the kid? I don't share that view.

Just watch yourselves if you decide to jump my fence these days...

View attachment 274103

Vicious creatures... vicious I tell you...

Papillions, really?

Props for recognizing them, most people think they're long haired Chihuahuas... Philistines...

Yep... my mom gave them to us, I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a dog. She bred them and showed them, these two she wanted to keep in the family, so...

They are a lot of fun and wicked smart...

I tell my neighbor they'll kill his Rottweiler... he'd choke to death trying to swallow one of them...

Do you agree? I'm not sure that I do. It seems inconsistent.

So a 16 year-old climbs a fence to get into someone's back yard. He is attacked by three dogs and later dies from his wounds. From what I've read elsewhere, the owner won't be charged because the dogs were secured in his backyard.

Police: Teen Killed After Gruesome Dog Attack

I absolutely agree with the decision that the owner will not be charged. Those dogs were in an enclosed private property, that's the Law.

I feel sorry for the trespasser but he should have know better.

It depends, how tall was the fence? Code for all my properties says people should not be harmed climbing over a single 4'ft fence, so no points are allowed up on chain-link, no barbed or razor wire. However a double 6'ft fences can have devices that will harm intruders on & in the interior fence like razor wire & dangerous dogs.. Permits & inspection are required.

Last edited:
It should be easy for a healthy adult to fight off a dog.
That guy must have been weak or sick.

Do you have any idea how strong some pit bulls are and how much stronger they become when competing with other dogs? But then again who knows
What if he kicked the dog in the stomach?

What? Kicking a pitbull is not going to stop them. Many times ball bats don't stop them. You need a break stick or a freaking gun

So a 16 year-old climbs a fence to get into someone's back yard. He is attacked by three dogs and later dies from his wounds. From what I've read elsewhere, the owner won't be charged because the dogs were secured in his backyard.

I absolutely agree with the decision that the owner will not be charged. Those dogs were in an enclosed private property, that's the Law.

Is it okay that the owner has a puppy mill in his back yard? Pit bulls suffer because of people like him. Breeding unwanted animals. Our shelters are full to the brim with unwanted pitbulls

This does bring up issues about the legal protections a person has in his/her domain and howfar it extends. A simple list needs to be made for us all on this. We know that there are many loopholes and lawyers waiting for any discrepencies on people defending themselves. The new realities demand this. So cheaper cell phones and the cost to operate them is needed. More clear cut wording on the ability to carry weapons on you for defense. And how far the property extends in defending yourself. This is a start for the new realities. The system is failing because of politics. People vote for fools who treat them like fools. For decades now. Politicians have successfully turned a nation where doors were once left unlocked into an armed camp. And they convinced people this is good.

Dogs aren't afraid of bears, but they are afraid of cats.
That guy should have taken a cat with him.

If the kid jumped off a bridge would you blame the bridge? Any teen knows a fence is there to keep him out. Give him a Darwin award and move on.

If the dogs get loose or a small child gets mauled, that's on the owner for being irresponsible.

As I said in my OP, should it be tantamount to a death sentence for jumping a fence into someone's backyard? Look, I get that the kid was in the wrong, but I disagree that he deserved to be mauled to death. Obviously, most here don't share my view.

holding up a liquor store with a handgun usually isn't a death sentence either if the person is convicted, however a person has a right to use deadly force to protect themselves in threatening situations, and the burden of proof of "threatening" usually isn't that high.

The kid put his life into his own hands going into a yard, more so if it was a yard with dogs in it.

The kid did not deserve the torture and terror he went through. By the way, for all of you that is passing judgement on the kid. He was homeless. Was a thief? Maybe. Does that mean he deserved this horrible mauling? NO

One more thing, the owner is a backyard pit bull breeder. Maybe he deserves the same judgement.

Are you going with the "all pitbulls are murderdogs" thing?

All pitbulls were bred with the same DNA thing.They all have the potential indeed. Pitbull propaganda is fatal

Is it okay that the owner has a puppy mill in his back yard? Pit bulls suffer because of people like him. Breeding unwanted animals. Our shelters are full to the brim with unwanted pitbulls

I didn't know the owner had a puppy mill in his backyard, that is a horrible thing, it should not be allowed in this day and time.....Shame on him!!!:mad-61:

Puppy mills of any kind of dogs should not be allowed. Period.

But on the other topic, the trespasser was at fault.

If the kid jumped off a bridge would you blame the bridge? Any teen knows a fence is there to keep him out. Give him a Darwin award and move on.

If the dogs get loose or a small child gets mauled, that's on the owner for being irresponsible.

As I said in my OP, should it be tantamount to a death sentence for jumping a fence into someone's backyard? Look, I get that the kid was in the wrong, but I disagree that he deserved to be mauled to death. Obviously, most here don't share my view.
No he did not deserve it, but that doesn’t mean the owner should be liable.

No he did not deserve it, but that doesn’t mean the owner should be liable.

Maybe he should, "Texas Penal Code Section 9.41 explains that a person is allowed to use force, but not deadly force, to terminate a mere trespass or interference with property .Apr 2, 2019"

Forum List

Back