16 year-old mauled to death in fenced-in backyard, no charges filed

On another note, it's highly likely that NOBODY will insure that guy's property.

I'm on my way over right now to burn a cross on the guy's yard and demand he sell his home and move out of the community. Hell, even the state! There are no unfortunate accidents in today's world---- every contingency must be thought of, people must be perfect and there is no room for mistakes, accidents or second chances. Every little thing must be painstakingly litigated for years in court at great cost. Hopefully his employer will get wind of this incident and fire him from his job as well.

So if a little kid accidentally throws his ball into a fenced-in yard and jumps the fence to get it and gets mauled to death, it's "too bad" for the kid? I don't share that view.

If the yard is securely fenced, and the owner is a responsible owner, and the dogs have no prior history, why should the owner be culpable?

On another note, it's highly likely that NOBODY will insure that guy's property.

I'm on my way over right now to burn a cross on the guy's yard and demand he sell his home and move out of the community. Hell, even the state! There are no unfortunate accidents in today's world---- every contingency must be thought of, people must be perfect and there is no room for mistakes, accidents or second chances. Every little thing must be painstakingly litigated for years in court at great cost. Hopefully his employer will get wind of this incident and fire him from his job as well.

So if a little kid accidentally throws his ball into a fenced-in yard and jumps the fence to get it and gets mauled to death, it's "too bad" for the kid? I don't share that view.

Just watch yourselves if you decide to jump my fence these days...

View attachment 274103

Vicious creatures... vicious I tell you...

Papillions, really?

Props for recognizing them, most people think they're long haired Chihuahuas... Philistines...

Yep... my mom gave them to us, I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a dog. She bred them and showed them, these two she wanted to keep in the family, so...

They are a lot of fun and wicked smart...

I tell my neighbor they'll kill his Rottweiler... he'd choke to death trying to swallow one of them...
If I ever downsize, Paps would be my choice. Everyone I have met has been smart, funny and sweet :)

If the kid jumped off a bridge would you blame the bridge? Any teen knows a fence is there to keep him out. Give him a Darwin award and move on.

If the dogs get loose or a small child gets mauled, that's on the owner for being irresponsible.

As I said in my OP, should it be tantamount to a death sentence for jumping a fence into someone's backyard? Look, I get that the kid was in the wrong, but I disagree that he deserved to be mauled to death. Obviously, most here don't share my view.
No he did not deserve it, but that doesn’t mean the owner should be liable.

Maybe he should, "Texas Penal Code Section 9.41 explains that a person is allowed to use force, but not deadly force, to terminate a mere trespass or interference with property .Apr 2, 2019"

Why should the dog owner be liable if he did everything right?

If the kid jumped off a bridge would you blame the bridge? Any teen knows a fence is there to keep him out. Give him a Darwin award and move on.

If the dogs get loose or a small child gets mauled, that's on the owner for being irresponsible.

As I said in my OP, should it be tantamount to a death sentence for jumping a fence into someone's backyard? Look, I get that the kid was in the wrong, but I disagree that he deserved to be mauled to death. Obviously, most here don't share my view.

Maybe he should, "Texas Penal Code Section 9.41 explains that a person is allowed to use force, but not deadly force, to terminate a mere trespass or interference with property .Apr 2, 2019"

He could have called the dogs off of the boy. The boy pounded on his door screaming for help but instead the dogs went back after him a second time.

He could have called the dogs off of the boy. The boy pounded on his door screaming for help but instead the dogs went back after him a second time.

Proof?

Proof?
Teenager dies after 3 dogs attack him in fenced-in yard, Irving police say | Irving | Dallas News

Proof?
Teenager dies after 3 dogs attack him in fenced-in yard, Irving police say | Irving | Dallas News

Why was he there?

Proof?

Why was he there?
I don't know, he will never have a chance to tell us. By the way his name was Nelson Cabrera, 16 yrs old

Proof?

Why was he there?
I don't know, he will never have a chance to tell us. By the way his name was Nelson Cabrera, 16 yrs old
That ain't none of my business. When I was 16, I owned a pitbull and a 16-guage shotgun. That pitbull was one of the finest ever, too.

Proof?

Why was he there?
That ain't none of my business.

Huh? Oh, I see putting a name and age on a stat is none of your business?

Proof?

Why was he there?
That ain't none of my business. When I was 16, I owned a pitbull and a 16-guage shotgun. That pitbull was one of the finest ever, too.

I don't doubt that your pitbull was a fine dog,. What people ignore is that they are also weapons, even if they don't want them to be. I happen to believe that man in Texas allowed his dogs to finish that boy off. Call it a hunch if you like. But I would rather he shot him.

I don't doubt that your pitbull was a fine dog,. What people ignore is that they are also weapons, even if they don't want them to be. I happen to believe that man in Texas allowed his dogs to finish that boy off. Call it a hunch if you like. But I would rather he shot him.

Pit bulls are no different than many other breeds, there are good ones and bad ones, and too many are owned by irresponsible people.

I hadnt read the article you had posted til now, the other one posted didn’t give as much info I think. But this part is disturbing.

Cantu said Lorenzo had previously told her all three dogs could be aggressive, and she described them as "not nice."

She said her family previously had problems with the dogs, which she said looked like pit bulls. One of the dogs acted aggressively toward her when she tried to cover a hole that it had dug into her back yard while she was outside with her daughter, Cantu said.

Last edited:

I just can't see shooting any pit bulls I've ever encountered, and you can ask anybody, I am not scared to put an animal down. I'll shoot a coy dog in the head in a heartbeat. Coy hog, too

Do you agree? I'm not sure that I do. It seems inconsistent.

So a 16 year-old climbs a fence to get into someone's back yard. He is attacked by three dogs and later dies from his wounds. From what I've read elsewhere, the owner won't be charged because the dogs were secured in his backyard.

Ok, I get that.

However, should jumping into someone's backyard be tantamount to a death sentence by mauling? In my view and experience, dogs that will attack like that should NOT be out loose, even in one's backyard. After all, what if the dog gets loose? What if a small child, somehow, gets into the yard with the dog(s)?

I guess I'm of the opinion that the owner should be charged. Now, if he had broken into the guy's home, that's a different story. How about you?

Police: Teen Killed After Gruesome Dog Attack

He was trespassing. Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Reminds me of the movie, "the Sandlot"....

I can't count how many back yards of other neighbors that I crossed when taking short cuts on the way home from school or friends homes! But that was a different day and age, I suppose...?

Just because criminal charges have not been taken by law enforcement, which could be the right decision since he broke no laws from what I have read in this thread, I dunno....? But that does not mean the family can not sue the dog owner, does it?

The suit will likely facilitate a change in the laws, where warning signs on fences of dangerous dogs must be posted, if that was not the case here...?

Are k-9's taught to maul and kill at will? or under order? Or to grab the gun arm? Disable the person? Or what???

Wasn't the man who booby trapped his garage found guilty of killing a teen boy?

Proof?

Why was he there?

I had a 16 gauge too. Great gun. Hate they faded out.

Do you agree? I'm not sure that I do. It seems inconsistent.

So a 16 year-old climbs a fence to get into someone's back yard. He is attacked by three dogs and later dies from his wounds. From what I've read elsewhere, the owner won't be charged because the dogs were secured in his backyard.

Ok, I get that.

However, should jumping into someone's backyard be tantamount to a death sentence by mauling? In my view and experience, dogs that will attack like that should NOT be out loose, even in one's backyard. After all, what if the dog gets loose? What if a small child, somehow, gets into the yard with the dog(s)?

I guess I'm of the opinion that the owner should be charged. Now, if he had broken into the guy's home, that's a different story. How about you?

Police: Teen Killed After Gruesome Dog Attack

#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

The larger question is why is a 16-year-old boy homeless ..and...WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS BOY that he's wandering the streets at 4AM.

Who is holding his parents or parent accountable?

Rest In Peace, Nelson Cabrera.

_Belinda Pittman-McGee Oprah Winfrey_02.jpg

Peace.

Forum List

Back