Man berates, stabs leashed dog while owner plays pickleball in NC tourist town

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

A North Carolina man was slapped with a felony charge after he allegedly stabbed and killed a dog in a park Monday while its owner was playing pickleball.

James Wesley Henry, 43, was charged with a felony count of cruelty to animals and is being held at the local detention center in Asheville on a $10,000 secure bond, according to jail records reported by local news outlet Asheville Watchdog.

Liesbeth Mackie, the owner of Beignet, an 11-year-old mixed breed, told the local outlet that while playing pickleball at Weaver Park in north Asheville, she and others heard the man yelling and arguing with himself before the “unprovoked” attack.
“She was peacefully lying in the shade – she was tied up with a very long leash,” Mackie said of her dog. “Then my [pickleball] partner said, ‘Someone’s beating your dog.

Eric Hulin, who was also playing pickleball at the time, told Asheville Watchdog that he “saw the attacker, definitely with all of his strength – with what I thought at the time was a closed fist – slamming on the dog, really.
“I turned and looked at the dog and saw its last couple of yelps and twitches,” Hulin said. “It was covered in blood. There was blood everywhere. It took me a moment because I wasn’t sure what happened.

Henry has been arrested 16 times in Buncombe County from 2010 to 2022, according to data reported by Asheville Watchdog.

Asheville Police Capt. Michael Lamb said “The guy killed the dog with a knife, basically eviscerating it,” according to the local outlet.

Perp and victim:

OIF.29YIg5XB99R66DGxthhjAA

He looks like the one that should be on a leash.

icon_smile_angry.gif

My dog?....I would have most diffidently made the news.....Had I just been there I may have made it anyway. I've put feral curs down before.

BTW.....CCW is prohibited in Asheville city parks per city ordinance.
smiley_freak.gif

IMHO....The perp deserves Hanover Fisk justice:

Brother used to live there...wasnt impressed when we drove thru to visit him 25 yrs ago..have they achieved shithole status?

A North Carolina man was slapped with a felony charge after he allegedly stabbed and killed a dog in a park Monday while its owner was playing pickleball.

James Wesley Henry, 43, was charged with a felony count of cruelty to animals and is being held at the local detention center in Asheville on a $10,000 secure bond, according to jail records reported by local news outlet Asheville Watchdog.

Liesbeth Mackie, the owner of Beignet, an 11-year-old mixed breed, told the local outlet that while playing pickleball at Weaver Park in north Asheville, she and others heard the man yelling and arguing with himself before the “unprovoked” attack.
“She was peacefully lying in the shade – she was tied up with a very long leash,” Mackie said of her dog. “Then my [pickleball] partner said, ‘Someone’s beating your dog.

Eric Hulin, who was also playing pickleball at the time, told Asheville Watchdog that he “saw the attacker, definitely with all of his strength – with what I thought at the time was a closed fist – slamming on the dog, really.
“I turned and looked at the dog and saw its last couple of yelps and twitches,” Hulin said. “It was covered in blood. There was blood everywhere. It took me a moment because I wasn’t sure what happened.

Henry has been arrested 16 times in Buncombe County from 2010 to 2022, according to data reported by Asheville Watchdog.

Asheville Police Capt. Michael Lamb said “The guy killed the dog with a knife, basically eviscerating it,” according to the local outlet.

Perp and victim:

OIF.29YIg5XB99R66DGxthhjAA

He looks like the one that should be on a leash.

icon_smile_angry.gif

My dog?....I would have most diffidently made the news.....Had I just been there I may have made it anyway. I've put feral curs down before.

BTW.....CCW is prohibited in Asheville city parks per city ordinance.
smiley_freak.gif

IMHO....The perp deserves Hanover Fisk justice:

Clearly a case favoring concealed carry. There is no way I would be able to vote to convict if the dog owner had pulled a gun, and shot the sonovabitch dead, standing over the slain dog.

Wtf is wrong with people?

Blacks, Bowns mixed, other, unknown, decline to state. Diversification.

Granted, America has enough trouble dealing with white crazies, junkies, leftist vermin and anarchist. But that could be controlled if not for the bigger problems ^^^^ above. I dont see any solution with communism takeover in play now.

These are the people democrats are creating. They like this.

6%/85%

These kind have a 15-40 page rap sheet over ten years. Like the nutjob in NYC subway got choked out. 42 prior arrests, yet roaming free. His DAD had similar prior to him. The MSM glorifies them, trying to hide the history.

asheville is having major problems with homelessness....due to many factors...its now too dangerous to enjoy a day of shopping etc...

Cry more. Hope you choke on it. You support this sort of stuff. Obiden supporter that are.

If ten million more illegals got dumped in (mostly unvetted) since 2021 probably 10% are hard-core criminals mixed in. Wait till they find footing up here. Enjoy your handiwork.

Prior to 1991, I lived in Asheville. I had to go there a couple years ago for two weeks. It is really sad to see what has become of the place.
That's really all there is to say about it, other than if that guy had jumped any one of my pits like that, the headline would be a lot different.

Forum List

Back