14 yr old rape victim lashed to death

snip

The reports said Hena was raped by her 40-year-old relative Mahbub on Sunday. Next day, a fatwa was announced at a village arbitration that she must be given 100 lashes. She fell unconscious after nearly 80 lashes

Village arbitration = sharia court.
fatwa= religious elder.

A fatwa is an edict, not a person.

Do you have proof that this was a legitimate application of Shari'ah and that what I posted is incorrect?

sorry.. my bad

fatwa= edict coming from a muslim cleric.

snip

The reports said Hena was raped by her 40-year-old relative Mahbub on Sunday. Next day, a fatwa was announced at a village arbitration that she must be given 100 lashes. She fell unconscious after nearly 80 lashes

fatwa= religious elder.

Do you have proof that this was a legitimate application of Shari'ah and that what I posted is incorrect?

Do have legitimate application that it wasn't?

Disgust on.

snip

fatwa= religious elder.

I posted it. Since you seem to be having vision problems, I'll post it again for your benefit.

Because there is no rape in Islam, it is impossible to prove.
You need 4 witnesses .

Incorrect. Besides, I thought you were a fan of al-Munajjid?

The punishment for rape in Islam is the same as the punishment for zina (adultery or fornication), which is stoning if the perpetrator is married, and one hundred lashes and banishment for one year if he is not married.

Moreover, Ibn `Abdul-Barr (may Allah bless his soul) said

The scholars are unanimously agreed that the rapist is to be subjected to the hadd punishment if there is clear evidence against him that he deserves the hadd punishment, or if he admits to that. Otherwise, he is to be punished (that is, if there is no proof that the hadd punishment for zina may be carried out against him because he does not confess and there are not four witnesses, then the judge may punish him and stipulate a punishment that will deter him and others like him). There is no punishment for the woman if it is true that he forced her and overpowered her. (Al-Istidhkaar, 7/146).​

In addition, the rapist is subject to the hadd punishment for zina, even if the rape was not carried out at knifepoint or gunpoint. If the use of a weapon was threatened, then he is a muharib, and is to be subjected to the hadd punishment described in the verse in which Allah says (The recompense of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off from opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter) (Al-Ma’idah 5:33).

So the judge has the choice of the four punishments mentioned in this verse and may choose whichever he thinks is most suitable to attain the objective, which is to spread peace and security in society, and ward off evildoers and aggressors.

Islamic Punishment for Rape - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

A rape victim is never punished according to Shari'ah:

Sunan Abu Dawud said:
Narrated Wa'il ibn Hujr: When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered (raped) her. She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said, "That man did such and such to me." And when a company of the Emigrants came by, she said, "That man did such and such to me." They went and seized the man whom they thought had had intercourse with her and brought him to her. She said, "Yes, this is he." Then they brought him to the Apostle of Allah. When he was about to pass sentence, the man who had assaulted her stood up and said, "Apostle of Allah, I am the man who did it to her." He said to her, "Go away, for Allah has forgiven you." But he told the man some good words, and of the man who had had intercourse with her, he said, "Stone him to death." He also said, "He has repented to such an extent that if the people of Medina had repented similarly, it would have been accepted from them."

A rape victim is never punished. A rapist is always punished whether there are four witnesses or not.

i hate injustice regardless of who is doing it....hard to claim that your religion doesnt punish rape victim when this girl died of the punishment

Says nothing about establishing in the US.........FAIL

That's funny. Because I said nothing about "establishing sharia law in the US" either. Neither had logical4u.

What I had said mocked YOUR idiotic reply to logical4U since there ARE some folks who do call for Sharia "law" here in the United States. Then YOU said "sure" as though my rather limited contention was itself wrong.

So, your transparent and typically dishonest effort to move the goal post and make any kind of "point" with your little straw-man creation is indeed a fail.

No surprises there.

That's the best ya got???

I thought you were serious. How bout showing any serious attempt at establishing sharia law in the US?

As usual, you fall on your face

But you are still fun to play with

How about me, do I fall on my face as well, Keith Ellison, democrat, congress.

i hate injustice regardless of who is doing it....hard to claim that your religion doesnt punish rape victim when this girl died of the punishment

So anything done in the name of a religion is automatically legitimate according to that religion? OK.

I posted it. Since you seem to be having vision problems, I'll post it again for your benefit.

Sunan Abu Dawud said:
Narrated Wa'il ibn Hujr: When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered (raped) her. She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said, "That man did such and such to me." And when a company of the Emigrants came by, she said, "That man did such and such to me." They went and seized the man whom they thought had had intercourse with her and brought him to her. She said, "Yes, this is he." Then they brought him to the Apostle of Allah. When he was about to pass sentence, the man who had assaulted her stood up and said, "Apostle of Allah, I am the man who did it to her." He said to her, "Go away, for Allah has forgiven you." But he told the man some good words, and of the man who had had intercourse with her, he said, "Stone him to death." He also said, "He has repented to such an extent that if the people of Medina had repented similarly, it would have been accepted from them."

A rape victim is never punished. A rapist is always punished whether there are four witnesses or not.

So what was she punished for then kalam?

Sunan Abu Dawud said:

Then how did a rape victim not only get punished but murdered according to Sharia law.

I have no idea. People everywhere use their religion incorrectly or work for their own personal gain under the cover of religion. I don't understand the mindset that says a religion -- any religion -- is responsible for all of the actions of its followers. Of course I disagree with what happened and support punishing the people who did this in the name of Islam.

Sunan Abu Dawud said:

Then how did a rape victim not only get punished but murdered according to Sharia law.

She didn't -- unless the people who passed sentence can cite a clear example from scripture that demands punishment for rape victims, their ruling has no basis in Shari'ah.

I don't have vision problems, kalam. I do have understanding problems when it comes to the flat out shrugging of such an act and making excuses for it.

I have no idea. People everywhere use their religion incorrectly or work for their own personal gain under the cover of religion. I don't understand the mindset that says a religion -- any religion -- is responsible for all of the actions of its followers. Of course I disagree with what happened and support punishing the people who did this in the name of Islam.

So what you are saying is you have no idea what went on. You have no idea if shaira law was applied. You dont know what she was punished for.

You just want to put us right.

gotcha.

carry on.

Then you explain it kalam.

I did.

Sunan Abu Dawud said:

If this woman in your example was a victim of rape why was she given forgiveness

He said to her, "Go away, for Allah has forgiven you."

I don't have vision problems, kalam. I do have understanding problems when it comes to the flat out shrugging of such an act and making excuses for it.

I'm not making excuses for anything. As I said, I think the people who did this should be punished not only for committing a disgusting crime, but for attempting to use religion to justify their actions.

If this woman in your example was a victim of rape why was she given forgiveness

It means she isn't held accountable for anything that happened to her in the eyes of Allah. She also originally identified the wrong man as her rapist before the real criminal stood up.

She didn't -- unless the people who passed sentence can cite a clear example from scripture that demands punishment for rape victims, their ruling has no basis in Shari'ah.

Ok so a bunch of fucked up in the head muslims did this. Play it any way you want to kalam.

Girl got raped
Girl got whiped as punishment
Girl died before punishment could be completed

Government now wondering why she died. NOT why she was punished.

Girl got raped
Girl got whiped as punishment
Girl died before punishment could be completed

Government now wondering why she died. NOT why she was punished.

What does the government have to do with anything?

It means she isn't held accountable for anything that happened to her in the eyes of Allah. She also originally identified the wrong man as her rapist before the real criminal stood up.

In the eyes of allah and in the eyes of the clerics is two totally different things.

In the eyes of allah and in the eyes of the clerics is two totally different things.

That's true. And a 'cleric' who judges according to anything other than the revelations of Allah and the actions of his Messenger deserves to be removed from authority.

Forum List

Back