14 yr old rape victim lashed to death

I think what Kalam is saying is that the people that meted out this punishment are perverting Islam. Much in the same way some Christians pervert Christianity.

I know that.

However, i sure don't see any christian arbitration handing out judgments nor do i see them passing out punishments that are carried out.

I haven't seen any christian stoning s or whippings of late. Have you?

Careful...abortion clinic bombings spring to mind!
And the last one was in....? And were almost all attributed to how few....? Who is now in custody...

I know that.

However, i sure don't see any christian arbitration handing out judgments nor do i see them passing out punishments that are carried out.

I haven't seen any christian stoning s or whippings of late. Have you?

Careful...abortion clinic bombings spring to mind!
And the last one was in....? And were almost all attributed to how few....? Who is now in custody...

Dr Tiller was killed in 2009

It's been almost two years, so you can excuse this xtian violence because it is "in the past". Edited.

Here is the last up-date I could find. Maybe something good will come out of this.

Bangladesh court demands govt explanation over failure to protest 'whipped to death' teen

2011-02-06 13:20:00

Amid massive protests, the Bangladesh High Court has demanded an explanation from the government over its failure to protect a teenage girl who died after being whipped in accordance with a fatwa (edict) issued in Shariatpur three days ago.

Gulf News quoted court officials and reports as saying that a two-member High Court bench had asked the district police chief and two other administrative officials to explain, in 15 days, why they "failed" to protect the 14-year-old girl.

Hena Akhter was whipped after the shalish, a village body consisting of local elders, had ordered that she should receive 101 lashes last week for allegedly having an illicit relationship with her cousin and neighbour, Mahbub, The Guardian reports.

The case took shape when Hena had gone out to use the bathroom when she accidentally met Mahbub, who put something on her mouth to stop her from crying out before raping her in Shariyatpur on January 31.

The assault had left her almost unconscious, unable to walk or talk. When her family complained to the shalish, they raised doubts on her character.

After Mahbub's wife, Shilpi, complained that he had been secretly meeting Hena, village elders found both cousins guilty and ordered that Hena be given 101 lashes, and Mahbub 201.

After the punishment was carried out, Hena was taken to hospital, and six days later, she was pronounced dead.

Her shocked uneducated father Darbesh, who is lamenting over what has happened, had vehemently demanded for justice for his departed daughter.

Bangladesh court demands govt explanation over failure to protest 'whipped to death' teen

Bangladesh High Court News
Bangladesh court orders exhumation of 'whipped to death' girl's body for new autopsy
A Bangladesh High Court has ordered the authorities to exhume the body a 14-year-old girl who was whipped to death by a village body for allegedly having an illicit relationship with her married cousin, and conduct another autopsy on her. The BBC quoted the court as ordering a three-member committee of doctors and forensic experts to conduct another post-mortem to determine the actual reason for her Bangladesh court demands govt explanation over failure to protest 'whipped to death' teen

Amid massive protests, the Bangladesh High Court has demanded an explanation from the government over its failure to protect a teenage girl who died after being whipped in accordance with a fatwa

moreBangladesh says 'eve-teasing' belittles sex crimes
Bangladesh's High Court has ruled that using the South Asian term "eve-teasing" to describe the sexual harassment of women downplays serious crimes, a lawyer said Thursday.

Bangladesh High Court | Bangladesh High Court News | Bangladesh High Court Photos | Bangladesh High Court Videos

Here is the last up-date I could find. Maybe something good will come out of this.

2011-02-06 13:20:00

Amid massive protests, the Bangladesh High Court has demanded an explanation from the government over its failure to protect a teenage girl who died after being whipped in accordance with a fatwa (edict) issued in Shariatpur three days ago.

Gulf News quoted court officials and reports as saying that a two-member High Court bench had asked the district police chief and two other administrative officials to explain, in 15 days, why they "failed" to protect the 14-year-old girl.

Hena Akhter was whipped after the shalish, a village body consisting of local elders, had ordered that she should receive 101 lashes last week for allegedly having an illicit relationship with her cousin and neighbour, Mahbub, The Guardian reports.

The case took shape when Hena had gone out to use the bathroom when she accidentally met Mahbub, who put something on her mouth to stop her from crying out before raping her in Shariyatpur on January 31.

The assault had left her almost unconscious, unable to walk or talk. When her family complained to the shalish, they raised doubts on her character.

After Mahbub's wife, Shilpi, complained that he had been secretly meeting Hena, village elders found both cousins guilty and ordered that Hena be given 101 lashes, and Mahbub 201.

After the punishment was carried out, Hena was taken to hospital, and six days later, she was pronounced dead.

Her shocked uneducated father Darbesh, who is lamenting over what has happened, had vehemently demanded for justice for his departed daughter.

Bangladesh High Court News
Bangladesh court orders exhumation of 'whipped to death' girl's body for new autopsy
A Bangladesh High Court has ordered the authorities to exhume the body a 14-year-old girl who was whipped to death by a village body for allegedly having an illicit relationship with her married cousin, and conduct another autopsy on her. The BBC quoted the court as ordering a three-member committee of doctors and forensic experts to conduct another post-mortem to determine the actual reason for her Bangladesh court demands govt explanation over failure to protest 'whipped to death' teen

Amid massive protests, the Bangladesh High Court has demanded an explanation from the government over its failure to protect a teenage girl who died after being whipped in accordance with a fatwa

moreBangladesh says 'eve-teasing' belittles sex crimes
Bangladesh's High Court has ruled that using the South Asian term "eve-teasing" to describe the sexual harassment of women downplays serious crimes, a lawyer said Thursday.

Bangladesh High Court | Bangladesh High Court News | Bangladesh High Court Photos | Bangladesh High Court Videos

Again, the HC is not concerned that she was whipped, they are only concerned that she died. If she had be whipped for being a victim of rape and not died all would be well in their world.

So if someone gets mugged in Bangladesh do they also get a lashing while the mugger goes free? when you start punishing the victim everything turns to anarchy.

Forum List

Back