14 yr old rape victim lashed to death

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
he reports said Hena was raped by her 40-year-old relative Mahbub on Sunday. Next day, a fatwa was announced at a village arbitration that she must be given 100 lashes. She fell unconscious after nearly 80 lashes.

Fatally injured Hena was rushed to Naria health complex where she succumbed to her injuries.

Govt asked to explain failure to stop fatwa

what the hell is a fatwa?

Definition: A fatwa is an Islamic religious ruling, a scholarly opinion on a matter of Islamic law.

A fatwa is issued by a recognized religious authority in Islam. But since there is no hierarchical priesthood or anything of the sort in Islam, a fatwa is not necessarily "binding" on the faithful. The people who pronounce these rulings are supposed to be knowledgable, and base their rulings in knowledge and wisdom. They need to supply the evidence from Islamic sources for their opinions, and it is not uncommon for scholars to come to different conclusions regarding the same issue.

Islamic Glossary: Fatwa

he reports said Hena was raped by her 40-year-old relative Mahbub on Sunday. Next day, a fatwa was announced at a village arbitration that she must be given 100 lashes. She fell unconscious after nearly 80 lashes.

Fatally injured Hena was rushed to Naria health complex where she succumbed to her injuries.

Govt asked to explain failure to stop fatwa

what the hell is a fatwa?

Definition: A fatwa is an Islamic religious ruling, a scholarly opinion on a matter of Islamic law.

A fatwa is issued by a recognized religious authority in Islam. But since there is no hierarchical priesthood or anything of the sort in Islam, a fatwa is not necessarily "binding" on the faithful. The people who pronounce these rulings are supposed to be knowledgable, and base their rulings in knowledge and wisdom. They need to supply the evidence from Islamic sources for their opinions, and it is not uncommon for scholars to come to different conclusions regarding the same issue.

Islamic Glossary: Fatwa

Welcome to the 7th century.

guess it took care of the problem.... although i do not like to see innocents succumb to some misunderstanders of islam.... the prophet, Muhammad (PBUH), would not allow such a thing..... He was a kind and gentle man who upheld the true faith.... Of course he spent some time raiding caravans, raising havoc with people of the book, and there was an incident with a 9 year old female child..... other than that, he was compassionate and a great counselor to his flock.....

there are Bearded Pigs (Sus barbatus) I have a picture of one,
thumbnail.aspx
this is the guy who wrote the fatwa..... the proof is in the pudding, so to speak...

Last edited:
Not necessarily Islamic law but the interpretation of some Medieval small-town hicks.
It astounds me how any culture could possibly justify this.
Can the original poster keep an eye on this and report if there is any justification given?

clarify "they"
Clarify "they"? Well, if you need it spelled out..THEY...the ones that decided to beat/lash the 14 year old because she was raped by a pervert. THAT is who THEY are. And THOSE who worship the book/words/prophet that THEY follow.

That about clear it up?

Not necessarily Islamic law but the interpretation of some Medieval small-town hicks.
Can the original poster keep an eye on this and report if there is any justification given?

"They" don't need to justify it. It's just how THEY do things.

Maybe not, but I'd still like to know.

To put it another way, the best way to combat an enemy is to understand them.

not trying to be snarky... just conversational... i actually agree with you..... peace....

not trying to be snarky... just conversational... i actually agree with you..... peace....

Sorry. This subject tends to bring the bitch out in me. My apologies.

Not an Islamic punishment .
Very sad ,

Fuck I was wrong, I had forgottong lashing as punishment I did recall stoning, I assume the man will get it as well.Or maybe not,
seems the fatwa was Islamic .

“The fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allaah, if you believe in Allaah and the Last Day. And let a party of the believers witness their punishment”

With regard to one who is married, the hadd punishment is execution. It says in a hadeeth narrated by Imam Muslim in his Saheeh (3199) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For a married or previously-married person the punishment is one hundred lashes and stoning.”
Islam Question and Answer - How can someone who used to commit adultery and steal repent?

Forum List

Back