14% of Economist Say Trump Would Be The Best For The Economy

If you're a business that uses large amounts of electricity and the Federal Government is going to close down coal fired plants and replace them with more expensive solar or wind generated plants...then any intelligent banker is going to want to know if your business model can absorb that additional cost.
The federal government never said it was going to shut down coal plants and replace them with solar and wind generated plants. That is a bullshit fantasy invented by ODS sufferers.

And as it turns out, energy costs have plummeted, not risen. The only reason the coal industry is suffering is because oil and natural gas are cheaper options.
Obama did, moron. Obama's EPA has made coal power plants virtually illegal. Don't feed us that shit about the price of oil, which is almost never used to produce electric power, and the price of natural gas.
One of our electric power generating plants burns coal. All the others burn natural gas. The solar generating stations don't burn any fuel.

Except they all have to be 100% backed up by fossil fuel power generation. So instead of building one power plant, you have to build two, the so-called "green energy plant" and the fossil fuel backup plant.

That's a big money saver!

breitbart via angrypatriotamerican

lol

Hmmmm . . . so?
so the guy writes for breitbart. trump could tell us he was going to convert the u.s. to a complete barter system and pay u.s. debts in sea shells and breitbart authors would sing his praises.
No they wouldn't, you witless douche bag.
lol. don't kid yourself. there is a reason steve bannon is on the trump payroll and it's not because he was doing fair and unbiased reporting

You're a moron. Who do you think is doing "fair and balanced reporting," Rachel Maddow?
Doesn't matter who i think is doing it, everyone knows Breitbart.com isn't

The left love their propaganda pieces.
what part of the survey would you call propaganda?

The part where the establishment pretends that a money launderer like Hillary is better than an efficient proven businessman like Trump.
i see. it's propaganda because the survey results don't match what you think they should be.

do you think maybe it could be you with the problem and not the educated, knowledgable, professional economists?

Hmmmm . . . so?
so the guy writes for breitbart. trump could tell us he was going to convert the u.s. to a complete barter system and pay u.s. debts in sea shells and breitbart authors would sing his praises.
lol. don't kid yourself. there is a reason steve bannon is on the trump payroll and it's not because he was doing fair and unbiased reporting

You're a moron. Who do you think is doing "fair and balanced reporting," Rachel Maddow?

There are no "fair and balanced" journalists, so why do you expect Breitbart to be "fair and balanced?" Oh yeah, you don't have an legitimate arguments to you engage in ad hominems.

The part where the establishment pretends that a money launderer like Hillary is better than an efficient proven businessman like Trump.
i see. it's propaganda because the survey results don't match what you think they should be.

do you think maybe it could be you with the problem and not the educated, knowledgable, professional economists?
Unless it agrees with my understanding of reality, I generally assume a claim is bullshit until proven otherwise.

There are no "fair and balanced" journalists, so why do you expect Breitbart to be "fair and balanced?" Oh yeah, you don't have an legitimate arguments to you engage in ad hominems.
you understand that i don't expect fair reporting from breitbart, which is why when you decided to use their economist as a source for saying good things about trump's economic plans i found it akin to asking trump if he thought his economic plan was good

Unless it agrees with my understanding of reality, I generally assume a claim is bullshit until proven otherwise.
so you believe you know better than hundreds of economists.

I'm always SO impressed by economists...take Larry Summers and Christina Romer! Two venerated Ivy League economists. One taught at Harvard...the other at Berkeley. Both considered "authorities" on economics. So what happened when they left their ivy covered academic towers and ventured out into the real world to help The Chosen One's liberal revolution? I'll tell you what happened...both of them discovered that what seemed so easy to accomplish in the classroom...didn't work at all when they were given control of the economy back in 2009. The Obama Stimulus failed to create jobs in such an EPIC fashion that both Summers and Romer jumped ship and RAN back to their tenured positions at Harvard and Berkeley! So spare me the spin, Kiddies...I'm not impressed!
yeah! two people weren't 100% right one time and that means all economists are really just tarot card readers making it up as they go along!

Not 100% right? Dude, they weren't even close to being right! Or have you forgotten Romer's promise that given the Stimulus that unemployment wouldn't go above 8%?
so obviously the entire study of economics is flawed.

look, they aren't perfect, and some will make the wrong prediction.

but this is their area of study. they aren't just making it up, they are looking at the available data and using their knowledge to predict which candidate will be best for the economy - and more than half of them say that candidate is clinton.

they may not be right. maybe it's gary johnson. but what you cannot argue with is that the people that know the most about the economy largely believe that donald trump will not be good for it.

now does that in any way give you pause?

That also depends on their perception of HOW to create a strong economy, whether it's through government pumping all their money believing they can control its destiny... or finding ways to encourage small business to grow without having big government pumping millions of dollars to take on the roll of creating jobs.

Last edited:
I'm always SO impressed by economists...take Larry Summers and Christina Romer! Two venerated Ivy League economists. One taught at Harvard...the other at Berkeley. Both considered "authorities" on economics. So what happened when they left their ivy covered academic towers and ventured out into the real world to help The Chosen One's liberal revolution? I'll tell you what happened...both of them discovered that what seemed so easy to accomplish in the classroom...didn't work at all when they were given control of the economy back in 2009. The Obama Stimulus failed to create jobs in such an EPIC fashion that both Summers and Romer jumped ship and RAN back to their tenured positions at Harvard and Berkeley! So spare me the spin, Kiddies...I'm not impressed!
yeah! two people weren't 100% right one time and that means all economists are really just tarot card readers making it up as they go along!

Not 100% right? Dude, they weren't even close to being right! Or have you forgotten Romer's promise that given the Stimulus that unemployment wouldn't go above 8%?

but this is their area of study. they aren't just making it up, they are looking at the available data and using their knowledge to predict which candidate will be best for the economy - and more than half of them say that candidate is clinton.

they may not be right. maybe it's gary johnson. but what you cannot argue with is that the people that know the most about the economy largely believe that donald trump will not be good for it.

That also depends on their perception of HOW to create a strong economy, whether it's through government pumping all their money believing they can control its destiny... or finding ways to encourage small business to grow without having big government pumping millions of dollars to take on the roll of creating jobs.
you act is if it were an either/or proposition...
do you believe you know something those economists don't?

Since you and reality have never met , that explains a lot.

One of our electric power generating plants burns coal. All the others burn natural gas. The solar generating stations don't burn any fuel.

Except they all have to be 100% backed up by fossil fuel power generation. So instead of building one power plant, you have to build two, the so-called "green energy plant" and the fossil fuel backup plant.

Where in the world did you get that idea? "Backing up a power plant?"

you act is if it were an either/or proposition...
do you believe you know something those economists don't?
Conservatives tend to think in black and white terms and not very deeply about anything.

Where in the world did you get that idea? "Backing up a power plant?"
He makes shit up.

If you're a business that uses large amounts of electricity and the Federal Government is going to close down coal fired plants and replace them with more expensive solar or wind generated plants...then any intelligent banker is going to want to know if your business model can absorb that additional cost.
The federal government never said it was going to shut down coal plants and replace them with solar and wind generated plants. That is a bullshit fantasy invented by ODS sufferers.

And as it turns out, energy costs have plummeted, not risen. The only reason the coal industry is suffering is because oil and natural gas are cheaper options.
Obama did, moron.
No, he didn't. That's a masturbation fantasy invented by your propaganda outlets.

What I cannot argue with is that economists with a liberal perspective don't want to see a Republican in the White House and approach any and all economic debates with their minds already made up. If you desire the status quo and think Big Government is the solution to our country's problems then you view Donald Trump as the "Anti-Christ"! Does that mean he is? No...it simply means he's not what THEY want!

Ah yes...that cheap natural gas that was claimed with the fracking techniques that progressives hate so much? So how long before you folks ban that if you're given power to do so? Then when the cost of natural gas goes back to what it was before...and our coal plants are "retired"...what happens to the cost of energy here in the US? I'll tell you EXACTLY what will happen to it...that cost is going to skyrocket just the way the uber-environmentalists have already called for so that "alternative" energy sources can be economically feasible! Do you think they care if your electric bill goes up by 50%?

What I cannot argue with is that economists with a liberal perspective don't want to see a Republican in the White House and approach any and all economic debates with their minds already made up. If you desire the status quo and think Big Government is the solution to our country's problems then you view Donald Trump as the "Anti-Christ"! Does that mean he is? No...it simply means he's not what THEY want!
so it's your opinion, based on no facts, that the economists questioned have a'liberal perspective' and that there is no way they could honestly just believe based on their experience and expertise that clinton will be better than trump for the economy?

how do you explain moody's analytics? are the all working from a liberal perspective, too?

Speaking of the Anti-Christ:

Forum List

Back