14% of Economist Say Trump Would Be The Best For The Economy

yeah! two people weren't 100% right one time and that means all economists are really just tarot card readers making it up as they go along!

Not 100% right? Dude, they weren't even close to being right! Or have you forgotten Romer's promise that given the Stimulus that unemployment wouldn't go above 8%?
so obviously the entire study of economics is flawed.

look, they aren't perfect, and some will make the wrong prediction.

but this is their area of study. they aren't just making it up, they are looking at the available data and using their knowledge to predict which candidate will be best for the economy - and more than half of them say that candidate is clinton.

they may not be right. maybe it's gary johnson. but what you cannot argue with is that the people that know the most about the economy largely believe that donald trump will not be good for it.

now does that in any way give you pause?

That also depends on their perception of HOW to create a strong economy, whether it's through government pumping all their money believing they can control its destiny... or finding ways to encourage small business to grow without having big government pumping millions of dollars to take on the roll of creating jobs.
you act is if it were an either/or proposition...
do you believe you know something those economists don't?
Conservatives tend to think in black and white terms and not very deeply about anything.

Daws tends to generalize...it's the trait of someone who's an idiot!

If I hear one more liberal brag about how "smart" they are I'm going to hurl! If you really ARE so gosh darned smart, Daws...how come you gave us ObamaCare which is a farce and the Obama Stimulus that failed so badly that you guys had to come up with a new economic statistic "Jobs created or saved" to hide how bad it really was?

34e6jb5.jpg

Was Trump lying when he said you have better economies under the Democrats than the Republicans?

Was Trump lying when he said you have better economies under the Democrats than the Republicans?

Can't lie when you are stating an objective fact.

Of course just because economy was generally better while a Democrat was in the Whitehouse doesn't exactly mean that Democrats CAUSED that good economy as any thinking person understands (not conservatives obviously).

Not 100% right? Dude, they weren't even close to being right! Or have you forgotten Romer's promise that given the Stimulus that unemployment wouldn't go above 8%?

but this is their area of study. they aren't just making it up, they are looking at the available data and using their knowledge to predict which candidate will be best for the economy - and more than half of them say that candidate is clinton.

they may not be right. maybe it's gary johnson. but what you cannot argue with is that the people that know the most about the economy largely believe that donald trump will not be good for it.

That also depends on their perception of HOW to create a strong economy, whether it's through government pumping all their money believing they can control its destiny... or finding ways to encourage small business to grow without having big government pumping millions of dollars to take on the roll of creating jobs.
Conservatives tend to think in black and white terms and not very deeply about anything.

Daws tends to generalize...it's the trait of someone who's an idiot!

If I hear one more liberal brag about how "smart" they are I'm going to hurl! If you really ARE so gosh darned smart, Daws...how come you gave us ObamaCare which is a farce and the Obama Stimulus that failed so badly that you guys had to come up with a new economic statistic "Jobs created or saved" to hide how bad it really was?
The spewing propaganda ploy.
And you say I generalize.
Spot on evidence of black and white thinking.

What I cannot argue with is that economists with a liberal perspective don't want to see a Republican in the White House and approach any and all economic debates with their minds already made up. If you desire the status quo and think Big Government is the solution to our country's problems then you view Donald Trump as the "Anti-Christ"! Does that mean he is? No...it simply means he's not what THEY want!
Speaking of the Anti-Christ:

Ah, yes...the Blinder and Watson paper! Another example of exactly what I was talking about. Two liberal professors using statistics to buttress what they would like to believe...namely that Democratic Presidents make the economy grow better than Republican Presidents.

What I cannot argue with is that economists with a liberal perspective don't want to see a Republican in the White House and approach any and all economic debates with their minds already made up. If you desire the status quo and think Big Government is the solution to our country's problems then you view Donald Trump as the "Anti-Christ"! Does that mean he is? No...it simply means he's not what THEY want!
Speaking of the Anti-Christ:

Ah, yes...the Blinder and Watson paper! Another example of exactly what I was talking about. Two liberal professors using statistics to buttress what they would like to believe...namely that Democratic Presidents make the economy grow better than Republican Presidents.

Was Trump lying then...or now?

No they wouldn't, you witless douche bag.
lol. don't kid yourself. there is a reason steve bannon is on the trump payroll and it's not because he was doing fair and unbiased reporting

You're a moron. Who do you think is doing "fair and balanced reporting," Rachel Maddow?
Doesn't matter who i think is doing it, everyone knows Breitbart.com isn't

There are no "fair and balanced" journalists, so why do you expect Breitbart to be "fair and balanced?" Oh yeah, you don't have an legitimate arguments to you engage in ad hominems.
you understand that i don't expect fair reporting from breitbart, which is why when you decided to use their economist as a source for saying good things about trump's economic plans i found it akin to asking trump if he thought his economic plan was good

That's what I think about the economists you sourced.

I'm always SO impressed by economists...take Larry Summers and Christina Romer! Two venerated Ivy League economists. One taught at Harvard...the other at Berkeley. Both considered "authorities" on economics. So what happened when they left their ivy covered academic towers and ventured out into the real world to help The Chosen One's liberal revolution? I'll tell you what happened...both of them discovered that what seemed so easy to accomplish in the classroom...didn't work at all when they were given control of the economy back in 2009. The Obama Stimulus failed to create jobs in such an EPIC fashion that both Summers and Romer jumped ship and RAN back to their tenured positions at Harvard and Berkeley! So spare me the spin, Kiddies...I'm not impressed!
yeah! two people weren't 100% right one time and that means all economists are really just tarot card readers making it up as they go along!

It is an "either/or proposition." Government doesn't grow the economy.

Hmmmm . . . so?
so the guy writes for breitbart. trump could tell us he was going to convert the u.s. to a complete barter system and pay u.s. debts in sea shells and breitbart authors would sing his praises.
No they wouldn't, you witless douche bag.
lol. don't kid yourself. there is a reason steve bannon is on the trump payroll and it's not because he was doing fair and unbiased reporting

You're a moron. Who do you think is doing "fair and balanced reporting," Rachel Maddow?
Doesn't matter who i think is doing it, everyone knows Breitbart.com isn't
We all know the sources you trust don't either. So attacking my source isn't a winning argument.

The left love their propaganda pieces.
what part of the survey would you call propaganda?

The part where the establishment pretends that a money launderer like Hillary is better than an efficient proven businessman like Trump.
i see. it's propaganda because the survey results don't match what you think they should be.

do you think maybe it could be you with the problem and not the educated, knowledgable, professional economists?
Unless it agrees with my understanding of reality, I generally assume a claim is bullshit until proven otherwise.
so you believe you know better than hundreds of economists.
They aren't economists. They are douche bag propagandists paid to come up with economic justifications for crony capitalism.

The left love their propaganda pieces.

The part where the establishment pretends that a money launderer like Hillary is better than an efficient proven businessman like Trump.
i see. it's propaganda because the survey results don't match what you think they should be.

do you think maybe it could be you with the problem and not the educated, knowledgable, professional economists?
Unless it agrees with my understanding of reality, I generally assume a claim is bullshit until proven otherwise.
Since you and reality have never met , that explains a lot.

That must be your conception of wit.

One of our electric power generating plants burns coal. All the others burn natural gas. The solar generating stations don't burn any fuel.

Except they all have to be 100% backed up by fossil fuel power generation. So instead of building one power plant, you have to build two, the so-called "green energy plant" and the fossil fuel backup plant.

That's a big money saver!
Where in the world did you get that idea? "Backing up a power plant?"
Did you imagine the wind blows all the time? Records in Germany show that the output of wind power plants in the entire country can fall to as low as 6% of their rated power. That means you need some other form of power to take up the slack for the other 94%. The output of solar falls to 0% every night.

Idiots who support the green energy scam don't seem to understand basic facts of physics.

con·cep·tion
kənˈsepSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    the action of conceiving a child or of a child being conceived.
    "an unfertilized egg before conception"
    synonyms: inception of pregnancy, conceiving,fertilization, impregnation,insemination
    "from conception until natural death"
  2. 2.
    the way in which something is perceived or regarded.
    "our conception of how language relates to reality"
con·cept
ˈkänˌsept/
noun
  1. an abstract idea; a general notion.
    "structuralism is a difficult concept"
    synonyms: idea, notion, conception, abstraction;More

• a plan or intention; a conception.
      "the center has kept firmly to its original concept"
    • an idea or invention to help sell or publicize a commodity.
      "a new concept in corporate hospitality."
  2. Lol I because I'm a man can't birth babies.
  3. You really need to learn to read

Both parties want Big Government. The Republicans want government to protect Big Business and oppress people and lifestyles they don't like, and the Democrats want Big Government to protect consumers and establish a tax scale that places the larger burden on those who can most easily accommodate it.

con·cep·tion
kənˈsepSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    synonyms: inception of pregnancy, conceiving,fertilization, impregnation,insemination
  2. 2.
con·cept
ˈkänˌsept/
noun

So what's your complaint, douche bag?

Both parties want Big Government. The Republicans want government to protect Big Business and oppress people and lifestyles they don't like, and the Democrats want Big Government to protect consumers and establish a tax scale that places the larger burden on those who can most easily accommodate it.

Establishment Republicans may want it, but that's why they were shown the door in this election. Rank and file Republicans don't want big government. They want government cut down to size.

con·cep·tion
kənˈsepSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
con·cept
ˈkänˌsept/
noun

So what's your complaint, douche bag?
You calling anybody a douche bag is hilarious.

Establishment Republicans may want it, but that's why they were shown the door in this election. Rank and file Republicans don't want big government. They want government cut down to size.
But still big enough to keep gays from marrying, women from getting abortions and the "wrong" people from voting? Still big enough to force an agenda on everyone?

The primaries are not the general election.
Your guy is getting his ass handed to him,
Your rank a file bullshit is a myth you and your imaginary friends tell themselves.

Forum List

Back