14% of Economist Say Trump Would Be The Best For The Economy

"A policy survey of National Association for Business Economics (NABE) members released Monday shows that 55% of business economists feel that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would do the best job as president of managing the U.S. economy. The candidate with the next-largest percentage of the vote was Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson: 15% of NABE members said heā€™d do the best job managing the economy. Another 15% or respondents said they didnā€™t know who would be best or that they didnā€™t have an opinion.
Just 14% chose Donald Trump.
The survey results are remarkable because NABE members arenā€™t your average ivory tower-dwelling, left-leaning egg heads. They work for businesses, trade associations and government agencies across the country. As NABE director and survey chair LaVaughn Henry put it, these are people who have skin in the game.
ā€œYouā€™re speaking of people who advise business leaders on day-to-day and long term issues where the outcome has to be one way or the other, it canā€™t just be, ā€˜letā€™s study it or research it forever,ā€™ā€ he told FORBES in a recent interview. ā€œThese are people who are actually helping to make decisions of do we produce here, or do we produce oversees; do we consume more, consume less.ā€

By 4 to 1 margin, business economists say Clinton would manage economy better than Trump
America's business economist have spoken, Donald Trump wouldn't make America great. I know I am surprised, based on Trump's history. :2up:

Economists who work for the government are obviously going to be leftists. The same goes for the ones who work for trade associations. They definitely favor these rotten trade deals that sell out American workers. Even a large share of the ones who work for private business who were indoctrinated by economists on the government payroll.
can you find any expert willing to say good things about trump's economic plans?

Top Economist Reveals THIS About Donald Trumpā€™s Plan, People Deserve to Know

Economist Peter Morici has come out in support of Trumpā€™s economic plan, according to Breitbart.com. He has also repeatedly rebuked some of the policies of Obama administration and of Obamaā€™s preferred successor, Hillary Clinton.

Morici, who is a professor at the University of Maryland, outlines a number of reasons why voters concerned about the economy should support Trump. First of all, he said that the average median income under Obamaā€™s watch is down an astonishing $1,650. Second, there are more elderly women in the workforce because of the declining value in retirement stocks, pensions, and poor interest rates. Young people have an immense amount of student loan debt and cannot pay their apartment rent or save for their first home.
How typical of conservative economic argument. How does he explain the validity of Trump's proposals? By ignoring them and criticizing President Obama for things over which he has no control.

Deflect and whine. Change the subject and spout soundbites. Must be bucking for the job of Trump's spokesman.

If you're a business that uses large amounts of electricity and the Federal Government is going to close down coal fired plants and replace them with more expensive solar or wind generated plants...then any intelligent banker is going to want to know if your business model can absorb that additional cost.
The federal government never said it was going to shut down coal plants and replace them with solar and wind generated plants. That is a bullshit fantasy invented by ODS sufferers.

And as it turns out, energy costs have plummeted, not risen. The only reason the coal industry is suffering is because oil and natural gas are cheaper options.
Obama did, moron. Obama's EPA has made coal power plants virtually illegal. Don't feed us that shit about the price of oil, which is almost never used to produce electric power, and the price of natural gas.
One of our electric power generating plants burns coal. All the others burn natural gas. The solar generating stations don't burn any fuel.

They can cast their votes just like anyone else in this country.
the difference being they have a level of expertise and insight that few americans have.

it might make sense to listen to what they have to say - at least when it comes to the economy.

I'm always SO impressed by economists...take Larry Summers and Christina Romer! Two venerated Ivy League economists. One taught at Harvard...the other at Berkeley. Both considered "authorities" on economics. So what happened when they left their ivy covered academic towers and ventured out into the real world to help The Chosen One's liberal revolution? I'll tell you what happened...both of them discovered that what seemed so easy to accomplish in the classroom...didn't work at all when they were given control of the economy back in 2009. The Obama Stimulus failed to create jobs in such an EPIC fashion that both Summers and Romer jumped ship and RAN back to their tenured positions at Harvard and Berkeley! So spare me the spin, Kiddies...I'm not impressed!

I'm always SO impressed by economists...take Larry Summers and Christina Romer! Two venerated Ivy League economists. One taught at Harvard...the other at Berkeley. Both considered "authorities" on economics. So what happened when they left their ivy covered academic towers and ventured out into the real world to help The Chosen One's liberal revolution? I'll tell you what happened...both of them discovered that what seemed so easy to accomplish in the classroom...didn't work at all when they were given control of the economy back in 2009. The Obama Stimulus failed to create jobs in such an EPIC fashion that both Summers and Romer jumped ship and RAN back to their tenured positions at Harvard and Berkeley! So spare me the spin, Kiddies...I'm not impressed!
yeah! two people weren't 100% right one time and that means all economists are really just tarot card readers making it up as they go along!

"A policy survey of National Association for Business Economics (NABE) members released Monday shows that 55% of business economists feel that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would do the best job as president of managing the U.S. economy. The candidate with the next-largest percentage of the vote was Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson: 15% of NABE members said heā€™d do the best job managing the economy. Another 15% or respondents said they didnā€™t know who would be best or that they didnā€™t have an opinion.
The survey results are remarkable because NABE members arenā€™t your average ivory tower-dwelling, left-leaning egg heads. They work for businesses, trade associations and government agencies across the country. As NABE director and survey chair LaVaughn Henry put it, these are people who have skin in the game.
ā€œYouā€™re speaking of people who advise business leaders on day-to-day and long term issues where the outcome has to be one way or the other, it canā€™t just be, ā€˜letā€™s study it or research it forever,ā€™ā€ he told FORBES in a recent interview. ā€œThese are people who are actually helping to make decisions of do we produce here, or do we produce oversees; do we consume more, consume less.ā€

By 4 to 1 margin, business economists say Clinton would manage economy better than Trump
America's business economist have spoken, Donald Trump wouldn't make America great. I know I am surprised, based on Trump's history. :2up:

Real simple even a brain dead liberal can comprehend this

People want to invest with a business friendly republican president

Not so much with a anti business liberal progressive blow hard president.

It's very clear that a majority of business economists disagree with your amateur hyper-partisan opinion. :laugh:

Except that democrats haven't been able to develop a plan that effectively encourages businesses to want to establish themselves in the United States among a global market. Corporate taxes are among the highest here compared to the vast majority of other nations in the world. More increased government regulations have made it harder for coal fissile fuel producers to remain in business. Do you think coal miners in West Virginia love Hillary Clinton? Hillary supporters want to condemn Trump because he saw an opportunity to create a profit based on the misfortunes of others during the economic downturn. He was acting like a businessman, which means he can see a bad economy and look at how businesses can still recover from that to create a profit and build more jobs. What kind of business degree does Hillary have to encourage long term private sector growth, without big government stimulus spending that really only creates small spikes of short term growth in employment?

If Denocrats did such a good job in creating economic growth, the economy wouldn't be a presidential campaign issue at all following the conclusion of the Obama administration. Looks like all that government spending didn't have the big economic recovery Democrats had hoped, so much for the democrats having a good solid plan for jobs.

That's utter horseshit....we've seen her economic policies.....from Obama......it sucks......My dick could do better than Hillary......they must be full of Paul Krugmans!

yeah! two people weren't 100% right one time and that means all economists are really just tarot card readers making it up as they go along!

Not 100% right? Dude, they weren't even close to being right! Or have you forgotten Romer's promise that given the Stimulus that unemployment wouldn't go above 8%?

Not 100% right? Dude, they weren't even close to being right! Or have you forgotten Romer's promise that given the Stimulus that unemployment wouldn't go above 8%?
so obviously the entire study of economics is flawed.

look, they aren't perfect, and some will make the wrong prediction.

but this is their area of study. they aren't just making it up, they are looking at the available data and using their knowledge to predict which candidate will be best for the economy - and more than half of them say that candidate is clinton.

they may not be right. maybe it's gary johnson. but what you cannot argue with is that the people that know the most about the economy largely believe that donald trump will not be good for it.

now does that in any way give you pause?

If you're a business that uses large amounts of electricity and the Federal Government is going to close down coal fired plants and replace them with more expensive solar or wind generated plants...then any intelligent banker is going to want to know if your business model can absorb that additional cost.
The federal government never said it was going to shut down coal plants and replace them with solar and wind generated plants. That is a bullshit fantasy invented by ODS sufferers.

And as it turns out, energy costs have plummeted, not risen. The only reason the coal industry is suffering is because oil and natural gas are cheaper options.
Obama did, moron. Obama's EPA has made coal power plants virtually illegal. Don't feed us that shit about the price of oil, which is almost never used to produce electric power, and the price of natural gas.

I don't know dude according to liberals we have oil power plants operating nation wide for some reason.. Yet no one knows where they are?
One thing you'll learn about liberals sooner or later is that they don't know squat about science or technology. They all pretend they do, but all they can do is repeat the buzzwords. They have no real understanding. For instance, these morons think windmills and electric cars are "advanced technology" whereas the internal combustion engine is "obsolete."

Economist Peter Morici has come out in support of Trumpā€™s economic plan, according to Breitbart.com. He has also repeatedly rebuked some of the policies of Obama administration and of Obamaā€™s preferred successor, Hillary Clinton.

Morici, who is a professor at the University of Maryland, outlines a number of reasons why voters concerned about the economy should support Trump. First of all, he said that the average median income under Obamaā€™s watch is down an astonishing $1,650. Second, there are more elderly women in the workforce because of the declining value in retirement stocks, pensions, and poor interest rates. Young people have an immense amount of student loan debt and cannot pay their apartment rent or save for their first home.
breitbart via angrypatriotamerican

lol

Hmmmm . . . so?
so the guy writes for breitbart. trump could tell us he was going to convert the u.s. to a complete barter system and pay u.s. debts in sea shells and breitbart authors would sing his praises.
No they wouldn't, you witless douche bag.
lol. don't kid yourself. there is a reason steve bannon is on the trump payroll and it's not because he was doing fair and unbiased reporting

You're a moron. Who do you think is doing "fair and balanced reporting," Rachel Maddow?

lol

Hmmmm . . . so?
so the guy writes for breitbart. trump could tell us he was going to convert the u.s. to a complete barter system and pay u.s. debts in sea shells and breitbart authors would sing his praises.
Yes they would and do.

Blow it out your ass, numskull.

Don't pin the behavior of your douche bag heroes on conservatives.

so obviously the entire study of economics is flawed.

look, they aren't perfect, and some will make the wrong prediction.

but this is their area of study. they aren't just making it up, they are looking at the available data and using their knowledge to predict which candidate will be best for the economy - and more than half of them say that candidate is clinton.

they may not be right. maybe it's gary johnson. but what you cannot argue with is that the people that know the most about the economy largely believe that donald trump will not be good for it.

now does that in any way give you pause?

The science of economics isn't just flawed, it's utterly corrupt. Government put all the economists on the government payroll about 70 years ago and ever since economics has turned into just another source of propaganda to justify government. Any "economist" who says tax increases and more government spending is the way to improve our standard of living is a douche bag. He's nothing more than a propagandist. There is no system of logic that agrees that giving more money and resources to useless parasites is the way to increase the share of the pie going to those who produce it.

lol

Hmmmm . . . so?
lol. don't kid yourself. there is a reason steve bannon is on the trump payroll and it's not because he was doing fair and unbiased reporting
Bravo!

The monkey claps for his organ grinder.

Economists who work for the government are obviously going to be leftists. The same goes for the ones who work for trade associations. They definitely favor these rotten trade deals that sell out American workers. Even a large share of the ones who work for private business who were indoctrinated by economists on the government payroll.
can you find any expert willing to say good things about trump's economic plans?

How typical of conservative economic argument. How does he explain the validity of Trump's proposals? By ignoring them and criticizing President Obama for things over which he has no control.

Deflect and whine. Change the subject and spout soundbites. Must be bucking for the job of Trump's spokesman.

Obama campaigned on fixing the economy. Now you blubber like a toddler that he couldn't do anything about it. If Obama can't fix the economy, then why should anyone believe Hillary can? Isn't she promising to be Obama's third term?

You really aren't too good at this logic stuff, are you?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back