14% of Economist Say Trump Would Be The Best For The Economy

kiwiman127

Comfortably Moderate
Oct 19, 2010
4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
"A policy survey of National Association for Business Economics (NABE) members released Monday shows that 55% of business economists feel that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would do the best job as president of managing the U.S. economy. The candidate with the next-largest percentage of the vote was Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson: 15% of NABE members said heā€™d do the best job managing the economy. Another 15% or respondents said they didnā€™t know who would be best or that they didnā€™t have an opinion.
Just 14% chose Donald Trump.
The survey results are remarkable because NABE members arenā€™t your average ivory tower-dwelling, left-leaning egg heads. They work for businesses, trade associations and government agencies across the country. As NABE director and survey chair LaVaughn Henry put it, these are people who have skin in the game.
ā€œYouā€™re speaking of people who advise business leaders on day-to-day and long term issues where the outcome has to be one way or the other, it canā€™t just be, ā€˜letā€™s study it or research it forever,ā€™ā€ he told FORBES in a recent interview. ā€œThese are people who are actually helping to make decisions of do we produce here, or do we produce oversees; do we consume more, consume less.ā€

By 4 to 1 margin, business economists say Clinton would manage economy better than Trump
America's business economist have spoken, Donald Trump wouldn't make America great. I know I am surprised, based on Trump's history. :2up:

"A policy survey of National Association for Business Economics (NABE) members released Monday shows that 55% of business economists feel that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would do the best job as president of managing the U.S. economy. The candidate with the next-largest percentage of the vote was Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson: 15% of NABE members said heā€™d do the best job managing the economy. Another 15% or respondents said they didnā€™t know who would be best or that they didnā€™t have an opinion.
The survey results are remarkable because NABE members arenā€™t your average ivory tower-dwelling, left-leaning egg heads. They work for businesses, trade associations and government agencies across the country. As NABE director and survey chair LaVaughn Henry put it, these are people who have skin in the game.
ā€œYouā€™re speaking of people who advise business leaders on day-to-day and long term issues where the outcome has to be one way or the other, it canā€™t just be, ā€˜letā€™s study it or research it forever,ā€™ā€ he told FORBES in a recent interview. ā€œThese are people who are actually helping to make decisions of do we produce here, or do we produce oversees; do we consume more, consume less.ā€

By 4 to 1 margin, business economists say Clinton would manage economy better than Trump
America's business economist have spoken, Donald Trump wouldn't make America great. I know I am surprised, based on Trump's history. :2up:
Hold on to your hat, because the spin is going to be high velocity from the rabid radical right on this!

Real simple even a brain dead liberal can comprehend this

People want to invest with a business friendly republican president

Not so much with a anti business liberal progressive blow hard president.

Everyone knows economists, historians, scientists, the media and anyone with a college degree from anywhere but a faith based institution are all leftists

It's very clear that a majority of business economists disagree with your amateur hyper-partisan opinion. :laugh:

I guess that would explain the lackluster performance of the stock market these last eight years.

Disparage Trump all you want. BOTH major party candidates' would be more of the same bullshit we are suffering from now. Vote 3rd party, or vote for the ruin of our country, those are the real choices.

Disparage Trump all you want. BOTH major party candidates' would be more of the same bullshit we are suffering from now. Vote 3rd party, or vote for the ruin of our country, those are the real choices.

Oh no, Trump would not be "same" and it's one of the things that makes me kinda sad he will get demolished in November and not a get a chance to show just how bad "not same" policies can be.

Last edited:

Ohhhh no! not the country is going to hell ploy again!
Paranoids started spewing that steaming pile 5 minutes after the country was founded and yet here we are.

Paranoids started spewing that steaming pile 5 minutes after the country was founded and yet here we are.
This is not paranoia, at least not for me. Never before has so many of our rights been under attack. Never before has corruption permeated so deep into our political system. Not since the Civil War has our country been so divided. Never before has the politics of division been the status quo, by both parties "in power". Never before has such a large portion of our citizenry been convinced that government is the answer to what ails us. Never before has trust in our government been so low. Never before has the popular opinion of our "leaders" been so bad.
We are entering into a new era, if you do not see that, then you are part of the problem. Washington needs a good "house cleaning" and that is only the beginning of what needs to happen.

So economists that work for businesses, trade associations and government agencies think that the candidate that's been bought off by big business would be "better" on the economy than Donald Trump? Really? Think about that for a moment! Are these economists saying that Hillary would be better for the average American? For the person who's out of work and can't find a job? Or are they saying that Hillary Clinton is "better" for maintaining the status quo? Are they saying that Hillary would be "better" for the well connected businesses, trade associations and governmental agencies? Gee, that comes as a surprise to you?

I guess that would explain the lackluster performance of the stock market these last eight years.

Dude, we've done pretty much non-stop quantitative easing and near zero interest rates at the Fed for the past eight years. THAT'S why the stock market bubble has occurred. If you don't believe me then look at what the market reaction is every time the Fed even hints at a POSSIBLE rate increase!

Let's see, a large majority of foreign policy and intelligence experts don't like what they see in Donald Trump. What exactly is his strength, that will make America great again?
Anybody?

He will build that damn wall that the Cartels will tunnel under but the New Berlin Wall will be built!

If that is not good enough then I have nothing that can tell you what would make Trump a great President...

As for Johnson, well I believe he is the better candidate of the three and given the chance would guide this country better than Clinton...

Local and State governments have more to do with the health of the nation economy than most want to believe...

Just like GW Bush was compared to Bill Clinton...

Oh!!! Wait....

This is not paranoia, at least not for me. Never before has so many of our rights been under attack. Never before has corruption permeated so deep into our political system. Not since the Civil War has our country been so divided. Never before has the politics of division been the status quo, by both parties "in power". Never before has such a large portion of our citizenry been convinced that government is the answer to what ails us. Never before has trust in our government been so low. Never before has the popular opinion of our "leaders" been so bad.
We are entering into a new era, if you do not see that, then you are part of the problem. Washington needs a good "house cleaning" and that is only the beginning of what needs to happen.
Bahahahaha!

It's very clear that a majority of business economists disagree with your amateur hyper-partisan opinion. :laugh:

Yet you and your professional business economist are completely baffled by this?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/magazine/why-are-corporations-hoarding-trillions.html

"15% of respondents said they didnā€™t know who would be best or that they didnā€™t have an opinion.
Just 14% chose Donald Trump."

So 15% think Bob the local homeless guy could do a better job than trump. But, Trump still holds the trump card when it comes to bankruptcy. That's his thing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back