10 Die Trying to get in US illegally

So where did you see these miles-long columns of military-age men with raised fists? I looked, and can't find them anywhere around here.
Just search YouTube and you'll find dozens of videos. They are making their way through Europe to find the most accommodating and desirable places which at this stage is Germany -- mainly because of that witch, Angela Merkel. But their real objective is the USA and if Obama was still in Office, or if Hillary Clinton had succeeded, you may rest assured they would be pouring in here. The only reason they aren't is, in a word, Trump. He won't allow it.

what is so difficult about becoming a US citizen legally?

Please explain.

First you have to be a legal immigrant like green card holder living continuously here for 5 years then apply for US citizenship.
Or marry an American citizen get marry get green card ----- citizenship.

Or come here as a tourist if you have money marry legally or pay an American citizen to marry you ---- green card to US citizen. All these process takes time from
6 months to 5 years and thousands of dollars. At the same time make sure you have a place, food and money while waiting for your papers. This is the common practice of Asians and European tourists.

So it's a lot easier to pay a coyote to help you cross the border.

Last edited:
So where did you see these miles-long columns of military-age men with raised fists? I looked, and can't find them anywhere around here.
Just search YouTube and you'll find dozens of videos. They are making their way through Europe to find the most accommodating and desirable places which at this stage is Germany -- mainly because of that witch, Angela Merkel. But their real objective is the USA and if Obama was still in Office, or if Hillary Clinton had succeeded, you may rest assured they would be pouring in here. The only reason they aren't is, in a word, Trump. He won't allow it.

Again. Our criteria for refugees are different from the ones you see in Europe. Where are the marauding hoards or refugees around here? Trump is just a pig pandering to crazy RWNJs.

Please explain.

The first thing is the wait. It can take up to two years to become a citizen through lawful channels. The second thing involves qualifications. In order to become a lawful citizen each applicant (1) must prove he/she has a basic understanding of the English language (there are exceptions such as for the elderly); (2) must show he/she is either self-supporting or has a sponsor (this keeps applicants from being a financial burden to society); and (3) must be of good character.

Many of those entering this country illegally speak no English and/or have no means of support. Others have criminal records, including violent felonies. No matter how long they waited they would never become citizens through lawful channels.

So the 500,000 that came here as tourist that violate their visa are criminals? Or the Canadians that comes here illegally are criminals.
You assumed that all Mexicans are rapists, murderers and drug dealers. Most of these people come here seek for better living not to commit crime.

Please explain.

The first thing is the wait. It can take up to two years to become a citizen through lawful channels. The second thing involves qualifications. In order to become a lawful citizen each applicant (1) must prove he/she has a basic understanding of the English language (there are exceptions such as for the elderly); (2) must show he/she is either self-supporting or has a sponsor (this keeps applicants from being a financial burden to society); and (3) must be of good character.

Many of those entering this country illegally speak no English and/or have no means of support. Others have criminal records, including violent felonies. No matter how long they waited they would never become citizens through lawful channels.

So the 500,000 that came here as tourist that violate their visa are criminals? Or the Canadians that comes here illegally are criminals.
You assumed that all Mexicans are rapists, murderers and drug dealers. Most of these people come here seek for better living not to commit crime.

I don't know anything of the sort. I think anyone that comes here illegally are criminals, but, the Mexicans (etc.) are the only ones that I hear about in the news.... illegal is illegal. I don't necessarily think they are committing crimes. The problem lies with the US and enforcement of the laws....

Please explain.

First you have to be a legal immigrant like green card holder living continuously here for 5 years then apply for US citizenship.

Or come here as a tourist if you have money marry legally or pay an American citizen to marry you ---- green card to US citizen. All these process takes time from
6 months to 5 years and thousands of dollars. At the same time make sure you have a place, food and money while waiting for your papers. This is the common practice of Asians and European tourists.

... and that makes it OK. No.

Please explain.

So you think they would rather take a chance on them and their children dying while sneaking in instead of going to the trouble of learning English? That's just nuts. You also imply that everyone sneaking in are bad people that have criminal records including violence, and have bad character. Again, that's nuts. Admit it. You just hate Mexicans.
Laws are laws for a reason..
To be broken....

Apparently so.
I'll be the first person to admit not every law is moral or righteous.
I happen to thing having a system to get into a country is a good thing. Admittedly, ours could use some tweaking

It takes too much time....and Democrats need votes now.
Democrats get the votes whether the immigrants are legal or not. There are no barriers to illegal voting and illegals have been doing it by the millions, for decades.

Compared to the conditions many of them are living in, it's damn close.
One of the illegal aliens who survived the trailer-truck trafficking deaths, a 27 year old man from Mexico, said he paid a smuggler $700 in Mexico, and was going to pay an additional $5,000 on the American side of the border.

Question: If this guy had $5,700 to spend (others did too), then what was so bad about life in Mexico for him ?

There’s millions of Americans who don’t have a spare $5,700, or even anything close to that. Most people I know are just living from check to check, and barely getting by.

One of the illegal aliens who survived the trailer-truck trafficking deaths, a 27 year old man from Mexico, said he paid a smuggler $700 in Mexico, and was going to pay an additional $5,000 on the American side of the border.

Question: If this guy had $5,700 to spend (others did too), then what was so bad about life in Mexico for him ?

There’s millions of Americans who don’t have a spare $5,700, or even anything close to that. Most people I know are just living from check to check, and barely getting by.
How much is the average welfare dole per month? How much are the food stamps needed to feed a family of five worth? And how much is a visit to a hospital's ER worth when one is treated for a serious illness, or for maternity services? What other benefits are available to migrants? Add them up and you'll see that paying $5000 to position oneself to receive them over a period years is a great bargain.

Last edited:
Again. Our criteria for refugees are different from the ones you see in Europe. Where are the marauding hoards or refugees around here? Trump is just a pig pandering to crazy RWNJs.
There is only one primary criterion for refugee status. Which is, as the categorical designation, refuge e, implies; one must be seeking refuge from imminent death or severe mistreatment by hostile forces. Just wanting to live here does not qualify.

The vast majority of so-called "refugees" we have seen and are seeing making their way into Europe and the U.S. are economic opportunists, not refugees. They are (mostly) able-bodied, military-age men seeking to obtain relative comfort, compared to what is available to them in their Middle-Eastern or African homelands, the cost of which will occur at U.S. taxpayers' expense. We may rest assured that the majority of these passive invaders have been coached and advised by ISIS operatives.

Last edited:

I have no idea how long he saved to get the money, or how many of his family members helped him. I agree that if it was just spare money, he probably wouldn't have spent it on a potentially life ending trip.

Please explain.

... and that makes it OK. No.

I didn't say that. I just said it's easier.

Please explain.

I don't know anything of the sort. I think anyone that comes here illegally are criminals, but, the Mexicans (etc.) are the only ones that I hear about in the news.... illegal is illegal. I don't necessarily think they are committing crimes. The problem lies with the US and enforcement of the laws....

The number of overstay visa is by far the highest number of illegals in this country. Not the Mexicans.

Forum List

Back