Armed citizen patrols start in Hartford CT amid violence concerns

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

hqdefault.jpg

A new controversial armed citizen patrol has launched in Hartford.

Organizers say the people will be legally carrying as they walk around parts of the city where violence has taken a toll.

Though some – including the city’s mayor – are raising concerns about the effort.

In Hartford’s North End on Saturday, a group of people looked to patrol and clean up Garden Street.

“It was important to come out here because we believe that we have to keep the community safe, keep the community clean. And we're doing this by being out here for a few hours, clean up the community, pick up the trash,” said Marcus Long, of Hartford.

Garden Street has seen its share of gun violence including a double homicide in February, which is what prompted the push for civilian armed patrols.

“We are legally armed and we are patrolling,” said Cornell Lewis, the founder of the Self-Defense Brigade. “The people on Garden Street came to us and asked us for help.”

"..Though some including the city's mayor are raising concerns about the effort." The police chief all ready made a statement that he doesn't support them .

Typical response from the "leaders" when citizens step up and take care of business on their own because of total incompetence.

Hopefully this is only the beginning, good people can only be pushed so far.

BTW.....It looks like it's being organized though black churches.

Minister Cornell Lewis leads the Self-Defense Brigade, and is partnered with Bishop Dexter C. Burke of Walk In The Light Church Of God.

Godspeed. :)

Last edited:
Good news that some African Americans are finally (!!!) saying that some of their youth are totally out of control and have to be stopped.

Kudos to them.

Hear tell Hartford was once a nice city. Of course, that was before the 1960s.

I wish there were similar citizen patrols in all American cities.

Just saw on FOX a video of an elderly lady in New York City who was walking up the stairs to a church when suddenly a "youth" ran up and hit her, causing her to fall back on the sidewalk.

And some woke "liberals" want such scum to receive reparations?

The cops sure aren't doing their jobs, so it's about time they let some real men step up to the plate.

OP has dude with old fashioned pump shotgun. Sometimes the classics are the best. :up:

hqdefault.jpg

A new controversial armed citizen patrol has launched in Hartford.

Organizers say the people will be legally carrying as they walk around parts of the city where violence has taken a toll.

Though some – including the city’s mayor – are raising concerns about the effort.

In Hartford’s North End on Saturday, a group of people looked to patrol and clean up Garden Street.

“It was important to come out here because we believe that we have to keep the community safe, keep the community clean. And we're doing this by being out here for a few hours, clean up the community, pick up the trash,” said Marcus Long, of Hartford.

Garden Street has seen its share of gun violence including a double homicide in February, which is what prompted the push for civilian armed patrols.

“We are legally armed and we are patrolling,” said Cornell Lewis, the founder of the Self-Defense Brigade. “The people on Garden Street came to us and asked us for help.”

"..Though some including the city's mayor are raising concerns about the effort." The police chief all ready made a statement that he doesn't support them .

Typical response from the "leaders" when citizens step up and take care of business on their own because of total incompetence.

Hopefully this is only the beginning, good people can only be pushed so far.

BTW.....It looks like it's being organized though black churches.

Minister Cornell Lewis leads the Self-Defense Brigade, and is partnered with Bishop Dexter C. Burke of Walk In The Light Church Of God.

Godspeed. :)

Looks like they are from the IM2 gang.

microbangs frighten the bad guys.jpg

OP has dude with old fashioned pump shotgun. Sometimes the classics are the best. :up:
Indeed!

In Rhodesia two point men carried altered Browning Auto 5s with a duplex buckshot load backed-up with guys with FALs.

They are pretty rare in the US with less than 500 imported.....I came across one years ago.

OIP.PKltDoPWvDQSq3nGPo2FogAAAA

R.cd95bb332b961eb857f2fb59a221446d

Regular A-5s were also used.

Open carry in my state. Had concealed carry before that. My brother had a concealed carry permit. Got pulled over for speading. Six cruisers showed up. I figured that was a list I did not want to be on.

Forum List

Back