Why is Stormy Daniels Above the Law?

Again, will anybody answer where Stormy's bond is? Otherwise won't she be jailed for not coughing up all of her money?

Already did.

#1 She filed her defamation suit in Federal court. Federal courts have different rules than State courts. In Federal civil courts I assume that judgements are held in abeyance during appeal. In New State, the loser who has a judgement against them have to post a bond. Different courts, different jurisdictions.

#2 As to why she's not in jail. This is a civil case, we don't put people in jail for civil judgements.
Now what will happen once the appeals process is done, is Ms. Daniels will have a judgement entered to be paid by a certain time. If she does not pay the judgement, then the claimant can then file for seizure actions against assets adequate to liquidate the judgment amount.

Glad I could help.

WW

What special treatment is she getting? Sounds like it’s being fought out in tbe courts…just as Trump has been doing.

She didn't have to post a bond.

Already did.

#1 She filed her defamation suit in Federal court. Federal courts have different rules than State courts. In Federal civil courts I assume that judgements are held in abeyance during appeal. In New State, the loser who has a judgement against them have to post a bond. Different courts, different jurisdictions.

#2 As to why she's not in jail. This is a civil case, we don't put people in jail for civil judgements.
Now what will happen once the appeals process is done, is Ms. Daniels will have a judgement entered to be paid by a certain time. If she does not pay the judgement, then the claimant can then file for seizure actions against assets adequate to liquidate the judgment amount.

Glad I could help.

WW

Trump and Daniels have exactly the same case don't they? So why are they being treated differently. Oh and FYI, you're not being any help whatsoever.

I beliege the charges are a matter of public knowledge so you can look them up. Shouldn’t he be in jail?
Why? He hasn't been convicted of anything?

The only thing he could possibly be in jail for is contempt of court for ignoring Judge Merchan's unconstitutional gag order.

But Judge Merchan has not put him in jail, so I guess it is THE LAW that he not be in jail.

Daniels confirms she owes Trump $560,000 in legal fees​

Trump attorney Susan Necheles re-asks the question confirming Stormy Daniels owes the former president about $560,000 in legal fees.
And she says that in California there is a 10% interest that accrues.

"You have money right?" Necheles asks.
"We all have money," Daniels says.
"You're choosing not to pay President Trump, right," the attorney asks.
Daniels concedes, "I've chosen not to pay while it's still pending, yes."

Still pending? Shouldn't she have to put up a bond, like Trump did?

Or is that special law, just for Trump?

The defense pressed Daniels on the fact that she owes Trump hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees stemming from an unsuccessful defamation lawsuit and on a 2022 tweet in which she said she “will go to jail before I pay a penny.” Daniels dug in at times in the face of pointed questions, forcefully denying the idea that she had tried to extort Trump.

So? Why isn't she in jail?
And your orange douchebag owns E. Jean Carroll 5.5 million. Why isn't the orange loser in jail?

The appeals court - IIUSC - didn't order her to pay. The appeals court addressed the appeal. That would have gone back to the trial court Judge to issue the payment order, unless she's in her appeal window to attempt an appeal to the SCOTUS which will again put the judgement order on hold pending appeal.

Has the trial court Judge issued a payment order? (I'm really not sure.)

If he has did she refuse payment in court?

Has the time expired?

Did FPOTUS#45 move for seizure orders?

WW
There was no appeal. The 9th Circuit dismissed it as untimely and upheld the lower court's $300K judgement in 2022.

The same court ordered an additional $120K in 2023.

There is another $145K in there somewhere. Her tab was widely reported to be at $500K before the April 2023 order from the 9th.

There is no SCOTUS appeal. She is just refusing to pay. There is nothing "pending".

Last edited:
And your orange douchebag owns E. Jean Carroll 5.5 million. Why isn't the orange loser in jail?
That money is bonded. She will get what the courts decide is right.

The question was why Daniels isn't given the same treatment. She owes Trump almost $600K, she lost her appeal, and is defying the court orders to pay...

Why? He hasn't been convicted of anything?
Neither has she so why should she be in jail?

The only thing he could possibly be in jail for is contempt of court for ignoring Judge Merchan's unconstitutional gag order.

But Judge Merchan has not put him in jail, so I guess it is THE LAW that he not be in jail.
How is the gag order unconstitutional?

He is attacking and threatening witnesses, jurists, the judge and clerks, and their families. That sort of behavior undermines the entire trial making people afraid to speak up, serve as a jurist, etc. It has never been tolerated in a courtroom and the gag order is very narrow precisely to minimize restrictions on free speech.

If it had been you or I carrying on like that our asses would be in jail.

Daniels confirms she owes Trump $560,000 in legal fees​

Trump attorney Susan Necheles re-asks the question confirming Stormy Daniels owes the former president about $560,000 in legal fees.
And she says that in California there is a 10% interest that accrues.

"You have money right?" Necheles asks.
"We all have money," Daniels says.
"You're choosing not to pay President Trump, right," the attorney asks.
Daniels concedes, "I've chosen not to pay while it's still pending, yes."

Still pending? Shouldn't she have to put up a bond, like Trump did?

Or is that special law, just for Trump?

The defense pressed Daniels on the fact that she owes Trump hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees stemming from an unsuccessful defamation lawsuit and on a 2022 tweet in which she said she “will go to jail before I pay a penny.” Daniels dug in at times in the face of pointed questions, forcefully denying the idea that she had tried to extort Trump.

So? Why isn't she in jail?
more 'whataboutism'

because, probably, he's a million times a worse person

I dunno.

Ask Judge Engoron, if you can find him not at a gym creeping on young women. But if Engoron hasn't put him in jail, it must be THE LAW that he not be in jail.
Neither has she so why should she be in jail?
She should be paying the money. That is THE LAW, right?
How is the gag order unconstitutional?
Read the First Amendment. Or just ask Judge Merchan. He hasn't enforced it, so he must not be sure of his ground.
He is attacking and threatening witnesses, jurists, the judge and clerks, and their families.
That is false. What words did he use when he threatened who?
That sort of behavior undermines the entire trial making people afraid to speak up, serve as a jurist, etc. It has never been tolerated in a courtroom and the gag order is very narrow precisely to minimize restrictions on free speech.
Yes, to only restrict the free speech of one person: Joe Biden's political rival.
If it had been you or I carrying on like that our asses would be in jail.
You are I are not a threat to four more years of Joe Biden and his handlers in the White House, so we would never be in a situation like Trump is in.

Flop is the Typical Republican bully. Talks big until someone pushes back, or they realize that they don't have the support they thought they did.

Flop is the Typical Republican bully. Talks big until someone pushes back, or they realize that they don't have the support they thought they did.
This is what snowflakes Democrat are. My being able to give my opinion = bullying in your world.

By trying to shut Trump up, Merchan is trying to protect you from "bullying."

Only a Democrat can be "assaulted" over the internet.

The jury has heard from the sweet-and-innocent Stormy Daniels about how ashamed she was for having a one-night stand with a billionaire.

Maybe the defense should explore her background a little? Just to establish her credibility as a witness?

How many men have you had sex with Ms. Daniels?
Can you give us an estimate?
How many men have you had sex with at the same time?
Can you give us an estimate?
What was your going rate?

Maybe play some of her movies for the jury to see?

I dunno.

Ask Judge Engoron, if you can find him not at a gym creeping on young women. But if Engoron hasn't put him in jail, it must be THE LAW that he not be in jail.

She should be paying the money. That is THE LAW, right?

Read the First Amendment. Or just ask Judge Merchan. He hasn't enforced it, so he must not be sure of his ground.

That is false. What words did he use when he threatened who?

Yes, to only restrict the free speech of one person: Joe Biden's political rival.

You are I are not a threat to four more years of Joe Biden and his handlers in the White House, so we would never be in a situation like Trump is in.
The first amendment doesn’t allow him to threaten witnesses, jurists, court workers, judges and their families while his court case is being heard. Or do you approve of this behavior?

What other people have been allowed to do this without restraint? Particularly people with the power to carry through on threats and intimidation?

Forum List

Back