Why is Stormy Daniels Above the Law?

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas

Daniels confirms she owes Trump $560,000 in legal fees​

Trump attorney Susan Necheles re-asks the question confirming Stormy Daniels owes the former president about $560,000 in legal fees.
And she says that in California there is a 10% interest that accrues.

"You didn’t take any money out of your pocket and pay it to President Trump, did you?" Necheles asks. "No," Daniels says
"You have money right?" Necheles asks.
"We all have money," Daniels says.
"You're choosing not to pay President Trump, right," the attorney asks.
Daniels concedes, "I've chosen not to pay while it's still pending, yes."

Still pending? Shouldn't she have to put up a bond, like Trump did?

Or is that special law, just for Trump?

The defense pressed Daniels on the fact that she owes Trump hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees stemming from an unsuccessful defamation lawsuit and on a 2022 tweet in which she said she “will go to jail before I pay a penny.” Daniels dug in at times in the face of pointed questions, forcefully denying the idea that she had tried to extort Trump.

So? Why isn't she in jail?

Trump attorney Susan Necheles re-asks the question confirming Stormy Daniels owes the former president about $560,000 in legal fees.

The defense pressed Daniels on the fact that she owes Trump hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees stemming from an unsuccessful defamation lawsuit and on a 2022 tweet in which she said she “will go to jail before I pay a penny.” Daniels dug in at times in the face of pointed questions, forcefully denying the idea that she had tried to extort Trump.

Since the Democrats control US law, all Democrat operatives like Stormy are by definition above the law.

She has bigger tits than Trump?

What law did she break?

#1 She filed her defamation suit in Federal court. Federal courts have different rules than State courts. In Federal civil courts I assume that judgements are held in abeyance during appeal. In New State, the loser who has a judgement against them have to post a bond. Different courts, different jurisdictions.

#2 As to why she's not in jail. This is a civil case, we don't put people in jail for civil judgements.
Now what will happen once the appeals process is done, is Ms. Daniels will have a judgement entered to be paid by a certain time. If she does not pay the judgement, then the claimant can then file for seizure actions against assets adequate to liquidate the judgment amount.

Glad I could help.

WW

She owes Trump money and she's not paying him. Why is she getting special treatment when Trump had to pay a bond so why doesn't she? That's what the OP is asking.

She's not getting special treatment.

Just like FPOTUS#45 owes E. Jean Carroll $87.5 Million and the State of New York - what is it now $500 Million. Her judgement is currently on hold. Once the court enters a judgement order the actions will proceed.

Same with FPOTUS#45 and the entities he owes, if the judgement is upheld and an order payment is issued, he will have time to pay for seizure actions will begin.

(Although Carroll is covered by the bond, NY isn't - they will still have to seize assets in excess of the bond.)

WW

#2 As to why she's not in jail. This is a civil case, we don't put people in jail for civil judgements.

200w (4).gif

.... THEN WHY THE BLOODY HELL IS TRUMP BEING THREATENED WITH IT!?! HOW IS IT A CRIMINAL TRIAL!?! And yes I'm very well aware that I shouted all of that so deal with it.

View attachment 943951

.... THEN WHY THE BLOODY HELL IS TRUMP BEING THREATENED WITH IT!?! HOW IS IT A CRIMINAL TRIAL!?! And yes I'm very well aware that I shouted all of that so deal with it.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

TRUMP ISN'T THREATENED WITH JAIL FOR FAILURE TO PAY CARROLL AND THE STATE OF NEW YORK FOR HIS CIVIL CASES.

I'm assuming you may have a disability causing you to type in upper case, I replied the same in case it also impacts your eyes.

WW

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

TRUMP ISN'T THREATENED WITH JAIL FOR FAILURE TO PAY CARROLL AND THE STATE OF NEW YORK FOR HIS CIVIL CASES.

I'm assuming you may have a disability causing you to type in upper case, I replied the same in case it also impacts your eyes.

WW

I do have a disability but yet I'm a whole lot smarter than you because obviously I didn't mean that. 🙄

#1 She filed her defamation suit in Federal court. Federal courts have different rules than State courts. In Federal civil courts I assume that judgements are held in abeyance during appeal. In New State, the loser who has a judgement against them have to post a bond. Different courts, different jurisdictions.

Now what will happen once the appeals process is done, is Ms. Daniels will have a judgement entered to be paid by a certain time. If she does not pay the judgement, then the claimant can then file for seizure actions against assets adequate to liquidate the judgment amount.

Glad I could help.

WW
Daniels suit was dismissed. The money she owes is mostly for Trump's legal fees.

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals already upheld the judgement.

She owes the money. She lost. The Appeals Court agreed.

The Court ordered her to pay. She has no remaining legal avenues.

Glad I could help.

Did you not know then that we don't have debtor's prisons in this country and don't jail people for civil judgements?

WW

I did know that but Judge Merchant does not because this is actually a civil case that's being treated as criminal.

Daniels suit was dismissed. The money she owes is mostly for Trump's legal fees.

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals already upheld the judgement.

She owes the money. She lost. The Appeals Court agreed.

The Court ordered her to pay. She has no remaining legal avenues.

Glad I could help.

The appeals court - IIUSC - didn't order her to pay. The appeals court addressed the appeal. That would have gone back to the trial court Judge to issue the payment order, unless she's in her appeal window to attempt an appeal to the SCOTUS which will again put the judgement order on hold pending appeal.

Has the trial court Judge issued a payment order? (I'm really not sure.)

If he has did she refuse payment in court?

Has the time expired?

Did FPOTUS#45 move for seizure orders?

WW

Again, will anybody answer where Stormy's bond is? Otherwise won't she be jailed for not coughing up all of her money? Btw, I didn't understand the bond thing until I just looked it up as I thought that it was only to stay out of jail. This seems like money paid to keep the rest of Trump's money while pending.

She owes Trump money and she's not paying him. Why is she getting special treatment when Trump had to pay a bond so why doesn't she? That's what the OP is asking.
What special treatment is she getting? Sounds like it’s being fought out in tbe courts…just as Trump has been doing.

Forum List

Back