Dow 40,000

It's more or less languishing with AI propping it up.....Everyone can see that the economy is slowing. Small businesses are the ones currently taking it on the chin.

1715979481931.png

I moved an IRA account to "more saftey" after the Chowderhead was installed via Election Fraud. MAR 21, 2021. I had a little more before under Trump than I do now. Obiden killed the Bonds market in 2022 (same as Obiden 1.0).

But all said.......I am glad (and surprised) I am nearly back to my Trump peak. But up a total of ~13% over nearly four years? Nothing to write home about. High yeid savings accounts are giving 4.5% per year right now. The Bond problem seems to have corrected and I am having more steady gains now. I am extremly happy they did not kill the Markets totally like they did 07-08'

Yes yes if one could risk it and time the markets they could have made even more the last two years in Large Cap. This below is actual todays' numbers. Real life. Real working taxpayer accounts with no time to micro-manage it. 2022 was horrible.
View attachment 948053
Another getting his financial advice in internet chat rooms.

1715979645263.gif

Isn't it amazing that the Dow follows the national debt almost perfectly?
Is it? Great, explain to us how it is not just correlation, but rather causation.

I mean, the DOW always increases, as does the debt. So you're point is thus far no deeper than saying the DOW follows the sales of cell phones perfectly.

Hard work and conservative money management actually works? Go figure.
No President has had any major impact on my retirement savings, and I will be the first to admit it did better under Trump than it ever did under Obama, but the benefits I saw under Trump I am also seeing under Biden.

You're right, being frugal, avoiding depreciating assets/debt (like an expensive car), and consistently putting your money to work for you has brought me benefits that I truly never understood until I retired.

It did with Obama.

Let’s take a look at the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth during the terms of these presidents:

1. Barack Obama:
    • President Obama took office in January 2009, during the height of the global financial crisis. The economy was in a severe recession.
    • His policies, including the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), helped stabilize the economy and end the recession.
    • Average annual GDP growth rate during Obama’s presidency: 2.3%1.
    • Notably, Obama inherited a challenging economic situation, and his policies contributed to gradual recovery.
  2. Joe Biden:
In summary, both Obama and Biden faced economic challenges upon taking office, but their policies contributed to economic growth during their terms. Keep in mind that GDP growth is influenced by various factors beyond a president’s control, but these figures provide an overview of their economic impact.

It did with Biden.

Let’s take a look at how the stock market performed during the period around Joe Biden’s election:

1. S&P 500 Performance Under Biden:
  2. Other Metrics:
  3. Biden’s First Year:
In summary, the stock market has generally performed well during Biden’s presidency, but it’s essential to recognize that market movements are influenced by a complex interplay of economic factors, policies, and global events.

Hard work and conservative money management actually works? Go figure.
Buy not buying anything, I can afford to buy the things I need. As long as I don't actually buy them.

This is a lot closer to reality for most Americans than what you describe.

Buy not buying anything, I can afford to buy the things I need. As long as I don't actually buy them.

This is a lot closer to reality for most Americans than what you describe.
That is not true for most Americans, most of the time. But, heck, I started out that way, myself.

That is not true for most Americans, most of the time. But, heck, I started out that way, myself.
Actually, it is true for most Americans, most of the time. Look at household debt. Look at median household income. Compare it to average home and car prices.

Prices and production continue to increase. Wages continue to stagnate. You will need a magic wand to get around these facts. The consequences are as predictable as the sunrise.

Forum List

Back