GME and AMC up BIG TIME TODAY - Roaring Kitty has returned to Twitter

Ameritrade? Are you sure? Pretty sure they got bought out by Schwab.

That was in 2019, brah.
Yes, TD Ameritrade is now a part of Charles Schwab. I know that because I used to be a member of TD Ameritrade and everything was transferred over to Charles Schwab.

Maybe Schwab has the same program that John is talking about.

Up already on premarket....
Money is on 100/share...nuts stuff!

Up already on premarket....
Money is on 100/share...nuts stuff!
??

1716492584784.png

Are we talking about the same stock my friend?

??

View attachment 950949

Are we talking about the same stock my friend?
Have you followed the news at all?

About Gamestop issuing new stock?

That when it reaches like $50/share they will divest for cash? Because these private equity firms keep selling options and puts....
How there is so many fake shares out there that the volume every day is the entirety of ALL shares....what you are experiencing is the hedge funds/private equity firms selling even more options. Trying to keep pace with the volume of purchases....and they can't afford to keep this up. The debt load alone is nuts....and it increases as the stock climbs. In the short term it makes sense to dump more options and short more shares (naked shorts) even though it's only digging the whole deeper. Some equity firms never really covered the shorts from 3 years ago....it's still an open trade. They cannot really afford it but they will be bankrupt if they close it.

The exercise dates are the thing. Roaring Kitty is not allowed to say anything whatsoever tangible. They are still pissed about the last time he outmaneuvered the market manipulators. But....

Like I said before....VOLATILE STOCK....sit and wait.

Have you followed the news at all?

About Gamestop issuing new stock?

That when it reaches like $50/share they will divest for cash? Because these private equity firms keep selling options and puts....
How there is so many fake shares out there that the volume every day is the entirety of ALL shares....what you are experiencing is the hedge funds/private equity firms selling even more options. Trying to keep pace with the volume of purchases....and they can't afford to keep this up. The debt load alone is nuts....and it increases as the stock climbs. In the short term it makes sense to dump more options and short more shares (naked shorts) even though it's only digging the whole deeper. Some equity firms never really covered the shorts from 3 years ago....it's still an open trade. They cannot really afford it but they will be bankrupt if they close it.

The exercise dates are the thing. Roaring Kitty is not allowed to say anything whatsoever tangible. They are still pissed about the last time he outmaneuvered the market manipulators. But....

Like I said before....VOLATILE STOCK....sit and wait.
I’m not a stock expert. are you saying that you would now invest in the GameStop at around $18.50 a share?

It lost 13% today maybe it’s at a low point now?

Last edited:
I’m not a stock expert. are you saying that you would now invest in the GameStop at around $18.50 a share?

It lost 13% today maybe it’s at a low point now?
Considering that daily 40% swings are normal with this stock?
13% in one day is a nothing.
No....I'd hold off running away yet. I'd have an auto sale installed to sell when you made the money you want to make. It might not last at that level long.

This stock is in play...wild swings are normal. Probably take a month to get the money you want.

This is gambling money...money you would shoot craps or play the roulette wheel with.
I've said that several times already.

Learned an inexpensive lesson. . I had no idea what a “wash rule” is. In other words I bought and sold GameStop a few weeks ago. I bought it again a few days ago and I ended up having to pay a much higher price than what I thought I was paying. Due to some “30 day wash rule”. In other words if you buy and sell a security and then buy the same security within 30 days the wash comes into effect and you have to pay a much higher price.

I’m very very glad I did not invest a ton of money into it this time around.

I thought I was paying around $19 a share and ended up costing me about $33 a share due to the wash rule. Good to know that for the future.

Learned an inexpensive lesson. . I had no idea what a “wash rule” is. In other words I bought and sold GameStop a few weeks ago. I bought it again a few days ago and I ended up having to pay a much higher price than what I thought I was paying. Due to some “30 day wash rule”. In other words if you buy and sell a security and then buy the same security within 30 days the wash comes into effect and you have to pay a much higher price.

I thought I was paying around $19 a share and ended up costing me about $33 a share due to the wash rule. Good to know that for the future.
There's a reason why you hit the wash rule....you are not investing with a cohesive plan and are all over the place. And this bipolar or schizophrenic method of investing is going to lose your money to taxes, fees, penalties, and just bad calls.

The "Wash rule " was created to stem some of the market manipulation going on...But today it's just a "stupid tax" that new investors pay

There's a reason why you hit the wash rule....you are not investing with a cohesive plan and are all over the place. And this bipolar or schizophrenic method of investing is going to lose your money to taxes, fees, penalties, and just bad calls.

The "Wash rule " was created to stem some of the market manipulation going on...But today it's just a "stupid tax" that new investors pay
On the year my investments are up mostly due to Amazon and SE Limited stock.

I’m happy with how things are going. I’m glad that I learned the wash rule lesson on a tiny investment where the money doesn’t mean much to me.

I'm not sure you paid a higher price for it, but what you did do is cost yourself some tax money. Yes, wash rules are always in effect, I've bit hit by them a number of times.

I'm not sure you paid a higher price for it, but what you did do is cost yourself some tax money. Yes, wash rules are always in effect, I've bit hit by them a number of times.
I bought the stock at around $19 a share but when I click on gains and loss on the Charles Schwab app, it says I paid $33 a share.

1716765040354.png

I bought the stock at around $19 a share but when I click on gains and loss on the Charles Schwab app, it says I paid $33 a share.

View attachment 952491
Yep, these wash rules are in effect because Uncle Sam always gets his tax money. They can't have something in effect that benefits the little guy without them getting their piece of the pie. Another scam: They only allow $3,000 of losses per year in stocks. You could lose $10,000, and they will only allow you to write off $3,000 of it against your taxable gains.

Forum List

Back