Zappa: who gives a fuck anyway?

Never been a fan and never could figure out why some people claimed he was a musical genius?
His music seemed kinda lame to me.
I guess you gotta be stoned out of your mind to appreciate it. .. :dunno:
He first wrote the music, then created the time signatures.

He wrote a full symphony.

One of the great modern musical geniuses.

Never been a fan and never could figure out why some people claimed he was a musical genius?
His music seemed kinda lame to me.
I guess you gotta be stoned out of your mind to appreciate it. .. :dunno:

Stoners would pay big money to be mocked by comedians like Zappa. Like CHeech and Chong, he mocked Burb Brat pseudo-intellectual pretensions, much like Picasso did by selling crap 'art' to 'sophisticates' and laughing at them.

He was however a very competent classical musician.

I loved getting LSD and enjoying a Frank Zappa concert at the zoo amphitheater in OKC
There is a definite trippy factor to the OP song.

No doubt he spent more than a few nights at Uncle Sidney's.

I'll designate this as my favorite Zappa song. It's not even crude or gross or anything.

Last edited:
Guy was amazing on his lengthy guitar solos.
I was a huge fan, along with a few buddies when we were young.

Don't forget, Zappa, Dee Snyder, and John Denver testified to the Senate fighting Tipper Gore and the PMRC about song lyrics and censorship. Yes, Al Gores wife was for censorship after hearing a Prince song.

In the end we ended up with those explicit lyrics lables on albums because Gore was a prude.

In the end we ended up with those explicit lyrics lables on albums because Gore was a prude.
This is a very telling sentence.

Tipper Gore was aligned with Republicans on this issue, who, along with The Moral Majority under Jerry Falwell wanted labeling.

You think you're criticizing Gore but this was the conservative position.

Forum List

Back