Your garage

Larsky

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2016
DuPage County
Detached or connected? Orderly or trashed? A refuge? A place to socialize?

I'm currently garageless, put my scoot in storage over winter.

Let's see 'em!

761af4f8016b87103f13ea216f38aa8b.jpg

Let's see 'em!

I have no garage. My wife won't let me build one. :(
But walking around my neighborhood, I see most people using their garage for extra storage space. And I think (especially in light we live in NH...you know. Snow) why can't I have nice things? I just want to walk out to my car and not have to shovel snow off it.

Detached. Currently a mess. I had a reactor leak in one of the heavy water extractors and shut it all down for now. It shorted out one of the transducer field capacitors. Now all my laser rubies are ruined.

Love my garage!! Four car with 220 for my welder,sewage,water on the 42x12 side. And A/C on the wide side.
And the covered side is great for doing things outside in the shade that you dont want to do inside.

Attachments

• A8FBC127-BA8B-451F-ADE4-1277B6E477F0.jpeg
    A8FBC127-BA8B-451F-ADE4-1277B6E477F0.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 47
  • FBA44AC6-2DDC-4B15-93D7-C24006F6AE50.jpeg
    FBA44AC6-2DDC-4B15-93D7-C24006F6AE50.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 77
  • 00CFE607-04EB-4DBC-8DAF-0B6A56D572C6_1_201_a.jpeg
    00CFE607-04EB-4DBC-8DAF-0B6A56D572C6_1_201_a.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 49
  • 942250D1-567D-42D7-B985-07868017686F_1_201_a.jpeg
    942250D1-567D-42D7-B985-07868017686F_1_201_a.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 41
  • BF270D4C-E3A1-4CC0-B37C-4A2DBF8CF51F_1_201_a.jpeg
    BF270D4C-E3A1-4CC0-B37C-4A2DBF8CF51F_1_201_a.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 49
Love my garage!! Four car with 220 for my welder,sewage,water on the 42x12 side. And A/C on the wide side.
And the covered side is great for doing things outside in the shade that you dont want to do inside.

It's a mess at the moment since the hip surgery and it drives me fucken nuts!!!!
Also have a storage hall behind the two wide garage that connects the deep and wide garage together.
Built in shelves on both sides of the hall that reach the ten foot ceiling.

Let's see 'em!

Don't have one but detached garages no longer permissible in my city. The one that are there are grandfathered, but otherwise they are a no no.

Let's see 'em!
Attached and currently trashed. Got pop's old D100 in there with all the hydraulics stripped off. Pump went and metal shavings got into everything.

I've been wanting to pick up a blast cabinet like that. I want to blast the aluminum parts on my vette and get em powder coated.

It's a real good thing to have.

Let's see 'em!

I have no garage. My wife won't let me build one. :(
But walking around my neighborhood, I see most people using their garage for extra storage space. And I think (especially in light we live in NH...you know. Snow) why can't I have nice things? I just want to walk out to my car and not have to shovel snow off it.

Damn that sucks!
We dont have to shovel snow but it does get cold here not to mention hot as hell.
When I still worked it was nice to walk into a heated or A/C'd garage in the morning depending on the time of year.
Now I mainly use the temp controlled side to work on my guns and things that dont make a huge mess.

I've been wanting to pick up a blast cabinet like that. I want to blast the aluminum parts on my vette and get em powder coated.

Walnut shell media works nice.

I love my three car garage. There's room for two cars, my tractor, garden tools and assorted bird supplies and a work shop for the husband. LOL When we moved here 5 years ago, husband said we'd never fill such a big garage. Now we're considering adding a pole barn.

Just be ready if you buy a cheap one from harbor freight.
You'll need a dryer and an agitator for it to work well.
Or you can knee the cabinet repeatedly to keep the abrasive flowing smoothly.
If I had to do it all over again I would ass up the money for a better one.
I blasted some AR parts with a piece of hose and a air gun with diatomaceous earth as the abrasive and it worked great. Just be sure and wear a respirator and eye protection because it can really fuck you up!!!!
DB8DB6CA-1817-43AA-A952-CD187F5CEE35.jpeg

I have a "three car" garage, but I fucked up when I designed the house and made it a couple feet narrower than I should have. The result is that if the garage is used for three cars, at least two of them end up with Parking Lot Acne from the doors of the adjacent car hitting them.

So it is currently a two-car-plus a Motorcycle garage. Space is at a premium, so the walls are filled with shelving and tool racks, bicycles hang from the ceiling, and every cubic foot is accounted for.

Forum List

Back