Your garage

In reality I have a two and a half car garage that is mostly full of storage and tool as we slowly comb through everything to donate or sell (except most of the tools). Our spare room is 8/10s full of storage also. We moved from a 3k sq ft house down to a 1400 sq ft house. We are making progress but it's slow going.

The Wife and I are going through the same issue.
Going from a 5k sq foot house and a four car garage to something more manageable.

The Barndominium is our answer.
Lots of garage/storage and the house itself can be drastically reduced.

Love my garage!! Four car with 220 for my welder,sewage,water on the 42x12 side. And A/C on the wide side.
And the covered side is great for doing things outside in the shade that you dont want to do inside.

I've been wanting to pick up a blast cabinet like that. I want to blast the aluminum parts on my vette and get em powder coated.

It's a real good thing to have.

Just be ready if you buy a cheap one from harbor freight.
You'll need a dryer and an agitator for it to work well.
Or you can knee the cabinet repeatedly to keep the abrasive flowing smoothly.
If I had to do it all over again I would ass up the money for a better one.
I blasted some AR parts with a piece of hose and a air gun with diatomaceous earth as the abrasive and it worked great. Just be sure and wear a respirator and eye protection because it can really fuck you up!!!!View attachment 323097
Got a Harbor Freight store right down the road. Good for basic stuff, where precision and performance aren't an issue. I shoulda been a Snap-On pusher. They got lots of my cash over the years.

Love my garage!! Four car with 220 for my welder,sewage,water on the 42x12 side. And A/C on the wide side.
And the covered side is great for doing things outside in the shade that you dont want to do inside.

I've been wanting to pick up a blast cabinet like that. I want to blast the aluminum parts on my vette and get em powder coated.

I blasted some AR parts with a piece of hose and a air gun with diatomaceous earth as the abrasive and it worked great. Just be sure and wear a respirator and eye protection because it can really fuck you up!!!!View attachment 323097
Got a Harbor Freight store right down the road. Good for basic stuff, where precision and performance aren't an issue. I shoulda been a Snap-On pusher. They got lots of my cash over the years.

Yeah...
I've bought a lot of their tools over the years.
Sorry bastards made it easy like the payday cash loans and Whimpy,I'll gladly give you the tools today for a triple burger with double cheese and onion rings on tuesday.
Good stuff but damn were they predatory!

Yeah...
Sorry bastards made it easy like the payday cash loans and Whimpy,I'll gladly give you the tools today for a triple burger with double cheese and onion rings on tuesday.
Spot on! lol But a snap on wrench, socket, or Torque wrench is unrivaled. MAC or Matco was close. But if you wrench, Snapoff is the shit.

Spot on! lol But a snap on wrench, socket, or Torque wrench is unrivaled. MAC or Matco was close. But if you wrench, Snapoff is the shit.

I bought a 1/2, 3/8 and 1/4 inch drive torque wrench set from em years ago and still just use my cheap old Harbor Freight ones.

It's kind of like my watch collection. They just sit around in their cases for decoration. Heh heh.

Anybody remember the first time they used their dads tools to wrench on their car?

First time I did that I put em all away and I was getting ready to roll out and he yelled back at me, hey boy, get yo ass back in here and clean em ar tools.

I added a garage when I rebuilt after Hurricane Rita ate my house. I kept my car in it for a couple of months, but it's been more of a workshop with a really big door since then.

Yeah...

No question they make some good stuff!!!

My old garage.
BC28B40F-90E1-4D73-AADE-F52A6147ED91.png

Attachments

• A8FBC127-BA8B-451F-ADE4-1277B6E477F0.jpeg
    A8FBC127-BA8B-451F-ADE4-1277B6E477F0.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 33

Very Nice!!!
But whats on the inside? It's not all storage is it?
This is inside and lots of tools.
View attachment 323540

I figured you kept an R/V in it based on the garage door.
My neighbors kids called mine the Giraffe garage until they grew up.
It has water sewage and 220 power in it.
Very nice. Having sewage is a nice plus. I considered it but didn’t do it.

Attached and filled to the brim. Camping stuff, gas cans, Harley, john deer, four wheeler, old bed frame, coupoe bags of clothes and tools.
And I have all that shit in a one car garage lol

Forum List

Back