Youngkin Already Picking Fight With Virginia Parents, Get's Smacked Down On Mask Mandate

What he believes may not be what matters if there is not a law, allowing the governor to take control of local school districts. Just sayin. Is there such a law on the books in Virginia?
Every Executive Action by every governor normally names the laws which grant the power being exercised...

Therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me as Governor by Article V of the Constitution of
Virginia, by § 44-146.17 of the Code of Virginia, by any other applicable law, and by virtue of the
authority vested in the State Health Commissioner pursuant to §§ 32.1-13, 32.1-20, and 35.1-10
of the Code of Virginia, Executive Order Number Seventy-Nine (2021) is rescinded and the
following is ordered:
2. The parents of any child enrolled in a elementary or secondary school or a school based
early childcare and educational program may elect for their children not to be subject
to any mask mandate in effect at the child’s school or educational program.
3. No parent electing that a mask mandate should not apply to his or her child shall be
required to provide a reason or make any certification concerning their child’s health
or education.
4. A child whose parent has elected that he or she is not subject to a mask mandate should
not be required to wear a mask under any policy implemented by a teacher, school,
school district, the Department of Education, or any other state authority.

Every Executive Action by every governor normally names the laws which grant the power being exercised...

Therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me as Governor by Article V of the Constitution of
Virginia, by § 44-146.17 of the Code of Virginia, by any other applicable law, and by virtue of the
authority vested in the State Health Commissioner pursuant to §§ 32.1-13, 32.1-20, and 35.1-10
of the Code of Virginia, Executive Order Number Seventy-Nine (2021) is rescinded and the
following is ordered:
2. The parents of any child enrolled in a elementary or secondary school or a school based
early childcare and educational program may elect for their children not to be subject
3. No parent electing that a mask mandate should not apply to his or her child shall be
required to provide a reason or make any certification concerning their child’s health
or education.
4. A child whose parent has elected that he or she is not subject to a mask mandate should
not be required to wear a mask under any policy implemented by a teacher, school,

Well, 16 school districts have basically told him to piss off. Do you think he will fire all the teachers, principles, administrator, disband the local school boards, bring in the National guard to get the maskless kids in the doors and then force the rest of the kids in at gunpoint?

following is ordered:
or education.

Well, 16 school districts have basically told him to piss off. Do you think he will fire all the teachers, principles, administrators,disband the local school boards, bring in the National guard to get the maskless kids in the doors and then force the rest of the kids in at gunpoint?
So is this where we find out what it is like to live in a central top down controlled government, where local authority has no authority, not even in reacting local public health dangers?

Well, 16 school districts have basically told him to piss off. Do you think he will fire all the teachers, principles, administrator, disband the local school boards, bring in the National guard to get the maskless kids in the doors and then force the rest of the kids in at gunpoint?
They can all wear masks, the kids nope

One minute you are all for the majority who voted for the governor and are “oppressing“ the minority the next you are all about ”oppressing” the minority when the situation is flipped.

I think parents at the local district levels should have a say here.
I'm sorry, there are times when the minority gets a say so and when a majority gets one.

You can't just arbitrarily ignore one or both to enact your own agenda.

That is ancient history and he was right to say it at the time.
No he wasn't.

You would naturally wear a mask with any communicable respiratory disease/virus, but Mr. Science God said not to.
For the same reason stewardesses tell you to put on your oxygen mask BEFORE you put your child's on. I had no trouble ordering masks within the last month.
Unless the plane hits turbulence, the stewardesses can simply spare themselves the effort.

Just like liberals like yourself can spare us the lectures.

Sounds good to me. Maybe the mask addicts could just keep their snotty bairns home!!!

Greg

Unless the plane hits turbulence, the stewardesses can simply spare themselves the effort.
I don't think you'll ever comprehend my point but, what the hell, one last try: Why do stewardesses tell you to put on your oxygen mask BEFORE you put your child's on?

Sounds good to me. Maybe the mask addicts could just keep their snotty bairns home!!!

Greg
Aw, the Stalinist approach. If the masses do not go along, crush them under the boot.

Forum List

Back