Youngkin Already Picking Fight With Virginia Parents, Get's Smacked Down On Mask Mandate

There’s nothing there to answer idiot. Those are complete bullshit “comparisons”. And you know it. Just because you can’t defend your Nazi leanings without resorting to complete fallacies, don’t cry about it.
Oh dear. Reduction ad Hitlerum.

New Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R) began his new job by ensuring that all masks mandates would be banned in schools regardless of what the community and parents want.

Speaking to the press on Sunday, Youngkin was asked about the Arlington school district still requiring masks regardless of what the governor says. Arlington County voted 76.7 percent against Youngkin despite his campaign pledge to kill masks in schools.

Youngkin said that clearly, the schools didn't listen to what parents wanted, assuming that the parents in Arlington don't want the mask mandate. Arlington County voted 76.7 percent against Youngkin despite his campaign pledge to kill masks in schools.

First day on the job, don't even know what the law is. This ain't Flori-Duh son. That crap won't fly here.
Raaaawstory.com? Bwaahahaaaaaa!

So it should be up to the parents if kid Has to get a polio vaccine before attending school, it should be up to the parents if wants to bring a gun to school. It should be up to the parents if a kid has to wear clothes to school….

If you have proof that masks are as effective as the polio vaccine....

It is up the parents on whether to wear masks (an article of clothing). Why not any article of clothing? After all it is entirely arbritary. The majority decides this, not individual parents. Why not?
Because it is a reductio ad absurdum.

Do you want to continue with the logical fallacies? All you do is make it really easy to dismiss your arguments. If freedom of choice and bodily autonomy must extend to sending children naked to school in order to exist or make sense then I guess we should have no freedom at all. The school board should decide EVERYTHING.

If you have proof that masks are as effective as the polio vaccine....
How about we start with proof COVID represents a threat to children in the first place.

One of the BIG LIES that has been told over and over again by our illustrious government. COVID represent a smaller risk to children than pools do.

Masks are worn by all and social distancing was encouraged. If a COVID positive student was identified, the class went to remote learning until after the quarantine. Which is what, five days now? Then, they swiched gears, no more informing parents if a kid gets covid, no more contact tracing, no more option to temporarily go remote for quarentine, and so on. Now the 11 yr old has Covid.

I think you're pretending that a mask is a mask. That's a MAJOR failure of Govt to clarify all that. For almost 2 YEARS -- kids were "obeying" the public health minders and wearing whatever the parents sent them with. ONLY in the last few weeks has the GOVT admitted that they were IGNORING the science and now wants to send everyone N95 masks.

The SCIENCE says that a double layer cloth mask is AT BEST only 33% as efficient as a GOOD fitting cloth mask. And MOST of the people youre SLOGGING here have been trying to TELL PEOPLE that for 2 years and get BANNED by FB and the Twit for doing so.

People are TIRED of being mandated to by folks that ignore the science, and THROTTLE their speech to discuss this amongst themselves. And YOU and most of left didn't care that the Govt you adore NEVER ELABORATED ON WHAT mask to wear or HOW TO WEAR IT. It was all mostly for show.

I've seen kids pick then noses and eat it and then HANDLE the masks or toucb their faces before cleaning up. Or pull on masks until they sooo lose they DO NO GOOD, but that's "close enough for govt work".

Kids had 2.5 TIMES LESS protection than what is required to give them a fair chance of AVOIDING exposure. FOR TWO YEARS before the "minders" leveled with the science and us. You dont care about the details. A LOT of other people do.

We dont comply to edicts when they make no sense, We COMPLY when someone makes a SOLID CASE for doing something to our children.

Same deal with going to 5 day isolation. The govt KNOWS there are not enough testing kits right now to test daily in quarantine as a CONDITION for getting OUT of quarantine.

Same reason the Saint Fauci told us originally "You DONT NEED a mask".. The SCIENCE DID NOT CHANGE. He was protecting the ONLY TYPE of masks (N95) supply, that has a meaningful performance on FILTERING Cvid, from being HOARDED AND OVERRUN.

It's NOT SCIENCE making these edicts. That's what irked me enough to weigh in here. It's Public Health Messaging and media composed of mental midgets. Which is more CRISIS CONTROL than science. And the reason all these changes like the 14 to 10 to 5 day quarantine ISN"T SCIENCE. Its' protecting and following the AVAILABILITY of key items and meds and baking that into the RISKS that have to be taken.

I think you're pretending that a mask is a mask. That's a MAJOR failure of Govt to clarify all that. For almost 2 YEARS -- kids were "obeying" the public health minders and wearing whatever the parents sent them with. ONLY in the last few weeks has the GOVT admitted that they were IGNORING the science and now wants to send everyone N95 masks.

The SCIENCE says that a double layer cloth mask is AT BEST only 33% as efficient as a GOOD fitting cloth mask. And MOST of the people youre SLOGGING here have been trying to TELL PEOPLE that for 2 years and get BANNED by FB and the Twit for doing so.

People are TIRED of being mandated to by folks that ignore the science, and THROTTLE their speech to discuss this amongst themselves. And YOU and most of left didn't care that the Govt you adore NEVER ELABORATED ON WHAT mask to wear or HOW TO WEAR IT. It was all mostly for show.

I've seen kids pick then noses and eat it and then HANDLE the masks or toucb their faces before cleaning up. Or pull on masks until they sooo lose they DO NO GOOD, but that's "close enough for govt work".

Kids had 2.5 TIMES LESS protection than what is required to give them a fair chance of AVOIDING exposure. FOR TWO YEARS before the "minders" leveled with the science and us. You dont care about the details. A LOT of other people do.

We dont comply to edicts when they make no sense, We COMPLY when someone makes a SOLID CASE for doing something to our children.
This. The simple truth is that no mask whatsoever is going to be effective for kids.

Groups of tens or hundreds of 6 year old kids simply are not going to wear it appropriately in order to make it so.

This. The simple truth is that no mask whatsoever is going to be effective for kids.

Groups of tens or hundreds of 6 year old kids simply are not going to wear it appropriately in order to make it so.

You cannot even keep a 6 yr old in a Halloween costume for more than 30 minutes when there's candy rewards at every door.

Why the HELL did it take 2 years for the govt to ACKNOWLEDGE the kind of masks that WORK? (to some degree) Because they were rationing and controlling the supply of the masks that EVERYBODY should have had.

Latest total (RAW) from CDC on CVid deaths ages 5 to 18 NATIONWIDE over the entire pandemic was 595. Some of those maybe need review. But 2 year total for AUTO fatalties in the SAME age bracket is AT LEAST 5 times that.

In the city where the teacher's union is holding every kid's chance of a education hostage in exchange for MORE handfuls of Covid funds -- they simply are incapable of balancing or analyzing risk at all. Even the "math teachers" apparently.

Let the kids ENJOY school and learning. For some of them, they have a short time to get on the right track to life.

20 have died already this year of violence.
Think their parents are up in arms about not wearing face masks?

If you are all about science, as you CLAIM to be, you would realize that as knowledge changes so do the recommendations. Sure, the messaging has been bungled and conflicting (hence our frustration) but the essential science is clear. They have consistently shown that even a poor quality mask is better than no mask and that the most effectiveness in prevention is with both parties wearing masks, social distancing, and hand washing. They are not saying masks are useless against Covid, they are saying those masks are less effective against omicron variant.

The subject of masks has arisen time and again, and while multiple doctors have acknowledged the missteps and bungled messaging regarding face masks, particularly during the early stages of the pandemic, those I’ve interviewed agree that masks remain a vital layer of protection in the fight against COVID-19. 

Of course, some guidance regarding preventative measures has changed over time as studies have given added insight into what works and what doesn’t. But some preventive measures have remained surprisingly consistent. Washing hands, steering clear of sick people, and eating healthy and exercising are all effective ways to stave off some illnesses and represent preventive health measures that predate the pandemic.  Similarly, surgical face masks have been used in hospitals for decades and by the public at large, long before COVID-19. It’s only in the age of social media misinformation and political polarization that masks have become so controversial. But setting politics aside, data on masks remains compelling with the preponderance of evidence supporting their efficacy in reducing transmission of airborne viruses like COVID-19.

That is still considerably better than no mask and most of the people SLOGGING ME won’t acknowledge even that because in their view it is ALL about “my rights” without ANY RESPONSIBILITY to the people around them (like the person who ripped the mask off a cancer patient). They have not been banned on private platforms for trying to ”tell people” accurate information, but for distorting it.
Good lord…I have to laugh because the irony here is inescapable. YOU rightists are tired of “being mandated” by us leftists while simultaneously passing LAWS restricting free speech and the free discussion of ideas in both the public and private spheres….my irony meter blew a fuse. You want to really talk about throttling free speech and while we are at it tbe rights of private property owners?

While I WILL agree that tbe messaging across the states has been garbled, I personally have never had any trouble getting accurate up to date information on Covid and in particular how to properly select and use a mask and on the relative effectiveness of different types. The guidance on HOW is posted ar work, at doctors, at hospitals.

Sweet, so tell me, does everyone have access to these masks?

No, because idiots like Fauci told the public over a year ago that we should reserve masks like these for our medical professionals.
That is ancient history and he was right to say it at the time. For the same reason stewardesses tell you to put on your oxygen mask BEFORE you put your child's on. I had no trouble ordering masks within the last month.

Forum List

Back