Young males are struggling, and the reasons for that are obvious

I find this whole conversation a bit strange and humorous. The folks nostalgic for the past are being emotionally vulnerable in sharing their sadness that there isn't any tolerance these days for their old intolerance to other people's emotional vulnerability.

I find this whole conversation a bit strange and humorous. The folks nostalgic for the past are being emotionally vulnerable in sharing their sadness that there isn't any tolerance these days for their old intolerance to other people's emotional vulnerability.
Sadly, in 2022, Misandry and intolerance toward men is absolutely accepted. Most young men hear "men are trash", "kill all men", "men are evil" all the time. That was not so in 1980s when I was in High School.

Phrases "men are trash" and "I hate men" are widely trending on twitter. The phrase "kill all men" was popular in 2020 until Twitter banned it.

Hmmm. I don't hear any of that.
Thank G-d, most of us have not experienced depravity and intolerance common in Generation Z. These people are in much better economic situation then previous generations. Unfortunately that does not make them more ethical.

Sadly, in 2022, Misandry and intolerance toward men is absolutely accepted. Most young men hear "men are trash", "kill all men", "men are evil" all the time. That was not so in 1980s when I was in High School.
I heard worse in the 80s, I'm not sure where you went to school but if that was your trash talk at my school you were getting ragged on by everyone.
Phrases "men are trash" and "I hate men" are widely trending on twitter. The phrase "kill all men" was popular in 2020 until Twitter banned it.
And this hurts you, emotionally? Are you asking society to be sensitive about your feelings?

I believe that society must work to minimize Hate Speech toward any birth group -- including men.
How? Like through laws and stuff? You think it should be illegal to say mean things to others? That's not exactly how I remember the 80s or masculinity. 😄

How? Like through laws and stuff? You think it should be illegal to say mean things to others? That's not exactly how I remember the 80s. 😄
At least by creating strong Social Censure.

Social Media companies can start by evenly enforcing rules prohibiting Hate Speech against any birth group.

How? Like through laws and stuff? You think it should be illegal to say mean things to others? That's not exactly how I remember the 80s or masculinity. 😄
Oh man. If you didn't fit the masculine ideal back then, it was horrendous.

I have serious doubts about this "misandry" being a major factor. It seems as though boys are not forming strong social connections anymore. I don't have a lot of information to go on though.

At least by creating strong Social Censure.

Social Media companies can start by evenly enforcing rules prohibiting Hate Speech against any birth group.
Creation takes effort and work, it's not sitting around and hoping social media protects you from mean words.

Creation takes effort and work, it's not sitting around and hoping social media protects you from mean words.
Social Media does ban men who say mean words about women. This is a clear example of inequality. If Elon Musk does buy Twitter, then men may be able to form strong community opposing Misandry there.

Social Media does ban men who say mean words about women. This is a clear example of inequality.
And? Social media companies are private property. I don't have to treat people equally on my private property. I can invite in people I like and tell the rest to fuck off.

And? Social media companies are private property. I don't have to treat people equally on my private property. I can invite in people I like and tell the rest to fuck off.
Of course they can. In my opinion, men and women who believe in Gender Equality should pressure Social Media companies to treat Misandry as they treat Misogyny.

What does Gender Equality have to do with how individuals treat you?
Gender Equality is equal treatment by men and women by large companies. For example, the fact that Social Media companies allow Misandry and ban Misogyny is a clear example of discrimination and Inequality.

Gender Equality is equal treatment by men and women by large companies. For example, the fact that Social Media companies allow Misandry and ban Misogyny is a clear example of discrimination and Inequality.
You seem to be mistaking equality under the law for equality in people's hearts.

You seem to be mistaking equality under the law for equality in people's hearts.
Sadly we have large companies profiting from Misandry and Inequality.

Hopefully, Free Speech Media which allows both Misogyny and Misandry would grow. That would add to equitable treatment of genders.

Sadly we have large companies profiting from Misandry and Inequality.

Hopefully, Free Speech Media which allows both Misogyny and Misandry would grow. That would add to equitable treatment of genders.
You're free to start a media company to protect the interest of manly men by ensuring no one can say mean things to them. What's stopping you?

You're free to start a media company to protect the interest of manly men by ensuring no one can say mean things to them. What's stopping you?
A much better idea would be to allow both Misandry and Misogyny.

I hope Free Speech Social Media would succeed. Difficult as it was, several such companies have been started. Hopefully Elon Musk buys Twitter, but now it is 50-50.

Also, existing companies should be pressured to drop blatantly discriminatory policies.

Forum List

Back