Young males are struggling, and the reasons for that are obvious

There is a middle ground here, in which the two ends of the argument collaborate, find areas of agreement and work together to promote them. Instead, the Left castigates "stupid macho shit" and the Right celebrates Neanderthal behavior as a reaction to that.

Everything now is binary, knee jerk reaction. Men sometimes exhibit overly aggressive behavior, so the Left condemns all masculinity and start blending the genders (I still haven't figured THAT one out yet). Then the Right responds by promoting the opposite.

I think that you personally, more than many posters here, can explain this to me: What is the reason for this gender blending advocacy? Why can't we celebrate boys and girls, let them be what they are, while making sure they understand social rules and decency?

Has anything ever been any different?

Putin and Xi are both pushing "stupid macho shit". Why do you think that is? Both attack gay people. Both are aggressive, both want wars. In the US at football games they played the national anthem to encourage manly boys to join the military and risk their life for cheaper oil and rich rich people.

Do we need more wars? No. In Europe there have been two wars since the end of WW2, both of them have been started by macho Serb dictators, Milosevic and Putin.

The reality is that life has always been a fight between people born with more muscle than brain, who want to get on top by telling everyone the being macho is the way forwards. Others with more brains than muscle want it to be the other way around. They want a passive life where people don't get violent.

We punish violence in society because we understand it's toxic.

But there are always going to be people of different opinions, pushing their views, pushing what they think is right. And there are always going to be people who are weaker and who listen to the narratives.
I've spoke about narratives quite a few times on here and it's not that it's getting worse, it's just that it's getting harder to push narratives and people need to be smarter. In the past the government and the media had total control. With the internet they have to adapt to this new environment. But it hasn't changed in the sense that it's happening more.

I was actually thinking about this "gender blending" thing today.

Here was what I thought. "It's it funny that you get these right wingers who demand that sex be taken out of everything for kids, and yet they're pushing this boys are boys and girls are girls narrative from the minute they're born. Blue for boys, pink for girls, all because of the sexual organs they have and won't use as sexual organs for, hopefully, the first 18 years of their life"

Putin and Xi are both pushing "stupid macho shit". Why do you think that is? Both attack gay people. Both are aggressive, both want wars. In the US at football games they played the national anthem to encourage manly boys to join the military and risk their life for cheaper oil and rich rich people.

Do we need more wars? No. In Europe there have been two wars since the end of WW2, both of them have been started by macho Serb dictators, Milosevic and Putin.

The reality is that life has always been a fight between people born with more muscle than brain, who want to get on top by telling everyone the being macho is the way forwards. Others with more brains than muscle want it to be the other way around. They want a passive life where people don't get violent.

But there are always going to be people of different opinions, pushing their views, pushing what they think is right. And there are always going to be people who are weaker and who listen to the narratives.
I've spoke about narratives quite a few times on here and it's not that it's getting worse, it's just that it's getting harder to push narratives and people need to be smarter. In the past the government and the media had total control. With the internet they have to adapt to this new environment. But it hasn't changed in the sense that it's happening more.

Here was what I thought. "It's it funny that you get these right wingers who demand that sex be taken out of everything for kids, and yet they're pushing this boys are boys and girls are girls narrative from the minute they're born. Blue for boys, pink for girls, all because of the sexual organs they have and won't use as sexual organs for, hopefully, the first 18 years of their life"
Do you agree that the two ends are being binary and reactionary, and that a more intelligent approach would be to take advantage of middle ground (if we still had that capacity)?

Is it possible that, in this case, the Left has gone too far with what appears to be an anti-masculinity message?

Do you agree that the two ends are being binary and reactionary, and that a more intelligent approach would be to take advantage of middle ground (if we still had that capacity)?

Is it possible that, in this case, the Left has gone too far with what appears to be an anti-masculinity message?

I'm a moderate. I support going towards a moderate place.

Yes, the further left is going and making stupid comments the same as the further right. Before I came back to this forum I ended up on a left wing forum and it was harassment all the way. I'm not defending people who are coming up with crazy nonsense.

What I'm saying is, you can't stop this shit. You can't tell people who are further left and further right to not do this stuff. You can try and educate. But the reality is these people, as we see on this forum continually, 80% of posts seem to be nonsense here, do not want to be educated. They want to state their shit, then get angry that people won't listen to them, but they'll not budge in their view.

I'm a moderate. I support going towards a moderate place.

Yes, the further left is going and making stupid comments the same as the further right. Before I came back to this forum I ended up on a left wing forum and it was harassment all the way. I'm not defending people who are coming up with crazy nonsense.

What I'm saying is, you can't stop this shit. You can't tell people who are further left and further right to not do this stuff. You can try and educate. But the reality is these people, as we see on this forum continually, 80% of posts seem to be nonsense here, do not want to be educated. They want to state their shit, then get angry that people won't listen to them, but they'll not budge in their view.
Well, that's the ongoing question for me: I saw something three or four years ago that really hit me, and that has really stuck with me:

Has it been so long since we have valued honest conversation, communication, collaboration and innovation that we have lost that skillset?

That's what I'm seeing, and that worries me more than anything else.

Well, that's the ongoing question for me: I saw something three or four years ago that really hit me, and that has really stuck with me:

Has it been so long since we have valued honest conversation, communication, collaboration and innovation that we have lost that skillset?

Well, I think before the internet came along, people didn't have debates. Now the internet has opened up debate but a lot of people still don't bother.

Nothing to worry about, other than things have changed slightly

Most conservatives do not want to sexualize small children to grow up as homosexuals or immoral heterosexuals

People like you cant seem to get enough of titillating sexual topics

As an adult maybe you are the exception and can handle hedonism without harm to yourself or others

But not small children

Last edited:

Mac1958 is not very good at communication with people who disagree with him

Or at least not on this forum

Here he is solidly in the liberal camp and constantly fighting with the conservatives

People don't just say things any more. They attack and intimidate and shun, and it all gets magnified 1,000x by the various social media and mass media, quickly turning it into cultural rules and expectations. Young people are simply not equipped emotionally or psychologically to deal with that.

We could see this coming with the advent of the term "toxic masculinity", an attack on the very core of a young man's being. We could see this coming when everything from department stores to school sports began eliminating the line between boys and girls, diluting genders and aggressively enforcing it (and I would absolutely LOVE to know why this needs to be done).

You don't have to agree, or you can say that boys shouldn't be affected by this, or you can mock a boy who is affected by this. But the Left's recent history has been consistent: Summarily dismiss arguments and concerns of certain targeted people, and their resentment and anger will grow. Then they'll vote.

You voted for all this when you pulled the lever for Biden/Harris, you asshat. This is your fault.

Another incredibly light post from you. What's the point?
Sadly, most people are not aware of the reality young men live in. Most of them hear men-hating abuse like "men are trash", "men are scum", etc. every day. Most of them are told that men are oppressors.

Sadly, most people are not aware of the reality young men live in. Most of them hear men-hating abuse like "men are trash", "men are scum", etc. every day. Most of them are told that men are oppressors.

What's your point? You have words and sentences, and it all comes together to form something I can't reply to.

What's your point? You have words and sentences, and it all comes together to form something I can't reply to.
My point is that most young men are subject to a continuum of verbal abuse. At the same time they are taught that they are privileged oppressors.

We have been privileged our whole lives.
If you are abused by your partner, you are more likely to be arrested then helped.

If any woman you had relationship with accuses you of Sexual Misconduct on Twitter, your career is over.

If you commit a crime you will get 61% more time for being male.

If you are abused by your partner, you are more likely to be arrested then helped.

If any woman you had relationship with accuses you of Sexual Misconduct on Twitter, your career is over.

If you commit a crime you will get 61% more time for being male.
Oh well...too dang bad.

Forum List

Back