You Wouldn't Believe What David Letterman Looks Like Today.....

I know a MD franchise owner.
He has owned the franchise (the only one in town) for twenty years.
Each year his gross expenses have gone up. His net profits have declined.
In the two summer months he employees about 16 people.
In the four slowest months he employs 6 people including himself and his wife.
Ya right. The four people he employees beside he and his wife NET him 35K each.
You're a fucking moron!
He has to go to the fucking bank six months a year to borrow the money to pay the expenses.
Millions of small businesses are barely struggling to survive. And it's not for trying their best.
I think you are wasting your time. He doesn't give a fuck. He has his meme and isn't going to let a simple thing like facts get in the way.

I think you're distorting the facts. Even most recognizable names you see driving down the street such as Subway Sandwiches, Planet Fitness Gym, etc are owned by franchisees who pay a fee to run the franchise and they are typically middle class. And while there are few sole propietorships, that's only because LLCs and LPs offer better personal asset protection and in this litigious society, sole proprietorships are begging for somebody to take their business and their home. But even these are hardly "wall street corporations" and certainly don't bring in the kind of earnings you OWS types moan about.

FYI; Most franchise's are owned by multi-million dollar holding companies.
You, as usual are full of shit!
There are about fifty 'franchises' in the town I live in.
I am a board member of the local Chamber of Commerce.
I KNOW every fucking franchise OWNER!! by name as they ALL belong to the COC.
NOT A SINGLE franchise in this town is OWNED by a "multi-million dollar holding company". NOT ONE!
I'm guessing this FACT holds true with franchises all over the country.
Some years ago I had a chance to by a very well known FF franchise.
My wife and I were required to attend a week long introductory workshop.
After a few days we realized the amount of work, long hours, endemic staffing problems, tiny net profit margins, and on and fucking on and on the FF business wasn't for us.
The owners of these franchises are everyone's middle class neighbor just trying to be their own bosses.
The irony is most of them would be far better off just working for someone else in the long run.

You, as usual are full of shit!
There are about fifty 'franchises' in the town I live in.
I am a board member of the local Chamber of Commerce.
I KNOW every fucking franchise OWNER!! by name as they ALL belong to the COC.
NOT A SINGLE franchise in this town is OWNED by a "multi-million dollar holding company". NOT ONE!
I'm guessing this FACT holds true with franchises all over the country.
Some years ago I had a chance to by a very well known FF franchise.
My wife and I were required to attend a week long introductory workshop.
After a few days we realized the amount of work, long hours, endemic staffing problems, tiny net profit margins, and on and fucking on and on the FF business wasn't for us.
The owners of these franchises are everyone's middle class neighbor just trying to be their own bosses.
The irony is most of them would be far better off just working for someone else in the long run.

The average McDonalds franchisee owner NETS $2.1M/yr.

Why would you work 'long hours' in a franchise which is turn-key?

Nothing is "turn key". It takes the utmost in diligence, hard work, and dealing with setbacks to get any business running successfully and once that happens, a 7 figure income is money well earned.

Nothing is "turn key". It takes the utmost in diligence, hard work, and dealing with setbacks to get any business running successfully and once that happens, a 7 figure income is money well earned.

If 'nothing is turn-key,' why would someone buy a franchise?
Because it's a proven system with support, training, and reasonable predictability of success. None of that detracts from the hard work it requires to make it work. Only in your lying Leftisphere are business people lazy.

Because it's a proven system with support, training, and reasonable predictability of success. None of that detracts from the hard work it requires to make it work. Only in your lying Leftisphere are business people lazy.

Correct, it's a proven system that has already done the hard work. Why do you think multi-million dollar holding companies own the majority of franchises? FYI: Hard work is done by employees, not the owner.

Owned but not run by them.

Stop lying, Leftists!
He knows nothing. McDonald's, for example, only own 10% of the restaurants.

He knows nothing. McDonald's, for example, only own 10% of the restaurants

It's actually less than 10%.

What I was referring to is franchises. McDonalds has 35,000 restaurants and 3,100 franchise owners who net $35K per employee/yr. Do the math.
You are pulling that number out of your asshole!
The owner's NET 35K per employee?
Tell that to the MD owner in Duluth!

Yes, $35K
What McDonalds owner in Duluth?
Which of the three MD's owners in Duluth are you referring to ASSHOLE!

Which of the three MD's owners in Duluth are you referring to ASSHOLE!

I don't know. You were the one that originally mentioned it.

Owned but not run by them.

Stop lying, Leftists!
He knows nothing. McDonald's, for example, only own 10% of the restaurants.

He knows nothing. McDonald's, for example, only own 10% of the restaurants

It's actually less than 10%.

What I was referring to is franchises. McDonalds has 35,000 restaurants and 3,100 franchise owners who net $35K per employee/yr. Do the math.

Yes, $35K
What McDonalds owner in Duluth?
You're a fucking moron!
He has to go to the fucking bank six months a year to borrow the money to pay the expenses.
Millions of small businesses are barely struggling to survive. And it's not for trying their best.

You're a fucking moron!

How do you know when the owner of an existing business is lying? When he says he's not doing well.

You're a fucking moron!
I think you are wasting your time. He doesn't give a fuck. He has his meme and isn't going to let a simple thing like facts get in the way.

I question so called facts when they don't make sense.

If you fools would stop voting for Republicans that want to keep you poor, you too could vacation in wonderful places.

Minimum wage was developed by the Democrats set to the lowest pay not fair salary. That's why its called minimum, meaning the lowest the Democrats prefer you have. Its their law, so stop fussing about Republicans making you poor and causing low wages.

The FLSA was originally drafted in 1932 by Democratic Senator Hugo Black, who was later appointed to the Supreme Court in 1937. However, Black's proposal to require employers to adopt a thirty-hour workweek met stiff resistance. In 1938 a revised version of Black's proposal was passed that adopted an eight-hour day and a forty-hour workweek and allowed workers to earn wage for an extra four hours of overtime as well.

The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (abbreviated as FLSA; also referred to as the Wages and Hours Bill

According to the act, workers must be paid minimum wage and overtime pay must be one-and-a-half times regular pay.

Hugo Lafayette Black (February 27, 1886 – September 25, 1971) was an American politician and jurist. A member of the Democratic Party, Black represented Alabama in the United States Senate from 1927 to 1937, and served as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States from 1937 to 1971. Black was nominated to the Supreme Court by PresidentFranklin D. Roosevelt and confirmed by the Senate by a vote of 63 to 16 (6 Democratic Senators and 10 Republican Senators voted against him.)

meme3.jpg

Minimum wage is the base for all wages. When minimum wage is raised, it raises wages for those that make more.

FYI: Fire Fighters make on average $25.00, so your picture is a lie.
Are those firefighters?

I remember seeing his first show way back in the early 80s, it was during the day and his audience was seated in what looked like bleachers. And I thought "this poor dope won't go anywhere".

I also bought a large amount of Sony Betamax stock at the time.

Related? So says you. Sony stopped selling the Betamax video cassette recorder in 2002 and just stopped selling the cassettes last year. For anyone that remembers the VHS era and the era before cable tv there was a time when you could only watch a movie when a network decided to show it. It wasn't available anywhere else. Everything actually had a value because it was so rare.

Thank you, nostalgia rant over, continue ignoring your pc screen as you are texting someone.

Sony finally kills off the Betamax after 40 years

If you fools would stop voting for Republicans that want to keep you poor, you too could vacation in wonderful places.

Minimum wage was developed by the Democrats set to the lowest pay not fair salary. That's why its called minimum, meaning the lowest the Democrats prefer you have. Its their law, so stop fussing about Republicans making you poor and causing low wages.

The FLSA was originally drafted in 1932 by Democratic Senator Hugo Black, who was later appointed to the Supreme Court in 1937. However, Black's proposal to require employers to adopt a thirty-hour workweek met stiff resistance. In 1938 a revised version of Black's proposal was passed that adopted an eight-hour day and a forty-hour workweek and allowed workers to earn wage for an extra four hours of overtime as well.

The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (abbreviated as FLSA; also referred to as the Wages and Hours Bill

According to the act, workers must be paid minimum wage and overtime pay must be one-and-a-half times regular pay.

Hugo Lafayette Black (February 27, 1886 – September 25, 1971) was an American politician and jurist. A member of the Democratic Party, Black represented Alabama in the United States Senate from 1927 to 1937, and served as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States from 1937 to 1971. Black was nominated to the Supreme Court by PresidentFranklin D. Roosevelt and confirmed by the Senate by a vote of 63 to 16 (6 Democratic Senators and 10 Republican Senators voted against him.)

meme3.jpg

Minimum wage is the base for all wages. When minimum wage is raised, it raises wages for those that make more.

FYI: Fire Fighters make on average $25.00, so your picture is a lie.
Are those firefighters?

Are those firefighters?

Yes, they are Firefighters.

Here's the original (non-deceptive) picture. Notice the license plate covered in the original.
54148fc421f530d846f655b5fcbc842a.jpg

Funny, the Right loves those dudes down in Louisiana who wear full beards.
entertainment-2013-12-duck-dynasty-duck-dynasty-gq-magazine-january-2014-01.jpg
That's different....somehow.
Yeah. They seem more ZZ Topish than David Lettermanish for some reason.

At least Letterman didn't portray a made-up character to fool the rubes.

duck.jpg
What "made-up" character are you speaking of? And exactly what was this supposed "character" supposed to "fool" the "rubes" into doing?

Buying a duck caller?

Last edited:

duck.jpg
What "made-up" character are you speaking of? And exactly what was this supposed "character" supposed to "fool" the "rubes" into doing?

Buying a duck caller?
The Duckers are fakes. They are Country Club yuppies who play characters on TV to fool dumb rednecks into believing they are authentic.

duck.jpg

Buying a duck caller?
The Duckers are fakes.
Fake, what?

duck.jpg

Buying a duck caller?
The Duckers are fakes.
Fake, what?
Fake TV characters.

Do you think these guys would ever get a reality TV show without assuming fake, outrageous characters who spew outrageous remarks?

duck%20dynasty%202.jpg

Duck-Dynasty-Fake-Playing-Golf.jpg

duck.jpg

Buying a duck caller?
The Duckers are fakes.
Fake, what?
Fake TV characters.

Do you think these guys would ever get a reality TV show without assuming fake, outrageous characters who spew outrageous remarks?

duck%20dynasty%202.jpg

Duck-Dynasty-Fake-Playing-Golf.jpg
Did they ever claim to be ZZ Top in the firstplace.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back