You might be an atheist...

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
You might be an atheist if you've never tried to convert theists to atheism.

You might be an atheist if you've never told someone they're going to Hell.

You might be an atheist if you've never condemned homosexuality.

You might be an atheist if you never say you're beliefs are true, but everyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong.

You might be an atheist if you don't protest soldiers' funerals holding up signs claiming they're in Hell.

You might be an atheist if people eagerly engage you in debate about your beliefs rather than refuse for fear of your becomming violent.

You might be an atheist if you do good things just because it makes you happy, and not because you think you'll be rewarded but only after you die.

You might be an atheist if you never say you're beliefs are true, but everyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong.

You might be an atheist if you don't protest soldiers' funerals holding up signs claiming they're in Hell.

You might be an atheist if people eagerly engage you in debate about your beliefs rather than refuse for fear of your becomming violent.

You might be an atheist if you do good things just because it makes you happy, and not because you think you'll be rewarded but only after you die.
So I went out with a christian today. I didn't dare tell her god doesnt exist. Similar to how I don't tell my young nephews. You don't tell people who believe they could be worshipping a lie. You can only bring it up to people who are open minded or if someone is trying to shove their religion in my face.

As militant as I am on usmb I'm really not that way in real life. If people want to believe who am I to ruin it for them. But between you me and usmb there is no god. Just being honest.

But I'm not going to pass on a good woman just cause she's a little stupid and I'm not going to scare her off by telling her I'm an evil devil worshipper. I'll wait for the honeymoon to tell her. That and I only allow 2 sexual positions. What movie? Deniro Decaprio movie That boys life" or something like that. Denero marries Leonardos mom and he's a ruthless step dad.

Another day, another clap of thunder from the non-believers. You can almost set your clock by it.

I feel like an atheist more. But I don't feel comfortable realizing all this opression I've faced. Why I have so many prohibitions to satisfy my integral right to be atheist? Is it a sin not to confess any religion in America?

Another day, another clap of thunder from the non-believers. You can almost set your clock by it.

We are amazed you believe stories that are scientifically impossible and you deny things like evolution the big bang and global warming that are scientific theories.

I feel like an atheist more. But I don't feel comfortable realizing all this opression I've faced. Why I have so many prohibitions to satisfy my integral right to be atheist? Is it a sin not to confess any religion in America?

Basically we all know us atheists are right. Its why we are a secular society. "Praise Jesus"

We are amazed you believe stories that are scientifically impossible and you deny things like evolution the big bang and global warming that are scientific theories.
key word, theories. That means, not proven fact.

Wrong. A scientific theory isn't the same as when somoene says "I have a theory about this." In science, a theory is something that's been confirmed by multiple sources.

"A hypothesis is an educated guess, based on observation. Usually, a hypothesis can be supported or refuted through experimentation or more observation. A hypothesis can be disproven, but not proven to be true.

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. A theory is valid as long as there is no evidence to dispute it. Therefore, theories can be disproven. Basically, if evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, then the hypothesis can become accepted as a good explanation of a phenomenon.

A law generalizes a body of observations. At the time it is made, no exceptions have been found to a law. Scientific laws explain things, but they do not describe them. One way to tell a law and a theory apart is to ask if the description gives you a means to explain 'why'.

Example: Consider Newton's Law of Gravity. Newton could use this law to predict the behavior of a dropped object, but he couldn't explain why it happened.

As you can see, there is no 'proof' or absolute 'truth' in science. The closest we get are facts, which are indisputable observations."
Scientific Hypothesis Theory Law Definitions

Wrong. A scientific theory isn't the same as when somoene says "I have a theory about this." In science, a theory is something that's been confirmed by multiple sources.

"A hypothesis is an educated guess, based on observation. Usually, a hypothesis can be supported or refuted through experimentation or more observation. A hypothesis can be disproven, but not proven to be true.

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. A theory is valid as long as there is no evidence to dispute it. Therefore, theories can be disproven. Basically, if evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, then the hypothesis can become accepted as a good explanation of a phenomenon.

A law generalizes a body of observations. At the time it is made, no exceptions have been found to a law. Scientific laws explain things, but they do not describe them. One way to tell a law and a theory apart is to ask if the description gives you a means to explain 'why'.

Example: Consider Newton's Law of Gravity. Newton could use this law to predict the behavior of a dropped object, but he couldn't explain why it happened.

As you can see, there is no 'proof' or absolute 'truth' in science. The closest we get are facts, which are indisputable observations."
And there are hypotheses on both sides of the argument over creationism, and evolution, that cannot be proven, or disproven.

A majority of scientists believe in evolution, yet more everyday seem to be changing their opinions to include the fact that creationism is still a valid hypothesis.

Perhaps not in the way we understand it, it could be that we were created by aliens similar to us, yet, millions of years older who have forgotten what their ancestors, war, hunger, suffering and death were like, and wanted to see the results for themselves. Is this not a valid hypothesis for a divine creator?

And there are hypotheses on both sides of the argument over creationism, and evolution, that cannot be proven, or disproven.

A majority of scientists believe in evolution, yet more everyday seem to be changing their opinions to include the fact that creationism is still a valid hypothesis.

Perhaps not in the way we understand it, it could be that we were created by aliens similar to us, yet, millions of years older who have forgotten what their ancestors, war, hunger, suffering and death were like, and wanted to see the results for themselves. Is this not a valid hypothesis for a divine creator?

That would be a valid hypothesis, though I don't think the word "divine" is appropriate to describe aliens.

What you seem to not understand is that hypotheses are not scientific theories. The Theory of Evolution Through Natural Selection is not a hypothesis. It is, in fact, one of the most robust of modern scientific theories. It has mountains of evidence from many different fields of study supporting it: from the fossil record to DNA. It makes accurate predictions. There isn't any evidence which contradicts it. It has been challenged for 150 years and has only become a better theory.

Your hypothesis needs evidence from different fields of study and can be used to make accurate predictions before it graduates to scientific theory. And then it will only remain there if no evidence is discovered which contradicts it.

A scientific theory is the greatest compliment an idea can achieve. Basically a fact. Understood to be true by the scientific community until proven false with any new information you can find.

God isnt even a basic theory. Its just a hypothesis.

Last edited:

It is a possibility but the only evidence ever given have been man made up inventions of the mind. Zeus juju the African god Noah Adam Jesus Mohammad Joseph smith stories arent even good hypothesis'

A scientific theory is the greatest compliment an idea can achieve. Basically a fact. Understood to be true by the scientific community until proven false with any new information you can find.

God isnt even a basic theory. Its just a hypothesis.

Sorry, sealybobo, a scientific theory is not regarded as a fact, nor is it understood to be true by the scientific community at any time. A theory is never proved true like it is never proved false either. It may be abandoned when new information makes it seem less likely, or it may be revised. Theories are simply tools for making predictions and explaining the data. A better tool is preferable, obviously, and scientists will use whatever tool works best at the time.

You're right that God isn't a theory and can never be.

New Topics

Forum List

Back