You get what you pay for

There is a reason U.S. is the best in the world.

American Health Care Costs a Lot, but Delivers Results

Except we have the lowest life expectancy in the industrialized world
The highest infant mortality rate
63% of bankruptcies are linked to medical crisis.

I'm sure it's awesome if you can afford it and your insurance actually keeps its promises and provides the care they promised.

Not much to disagree with.
No wonder Warren is dropping so fast, we don't want healthcare "fixed" again.
(it actually was even better before Obamacare)

Meh, I remember 2012, where the GOP had flavor of the week before they finally decided to go with Romney, who was expected to get the nomination all along.

Slow and steady wins the race.

100 million wetbacks fucks the averages and metrics all up. You have to factor in the wetback affect bud in almost everything.

Best in the world for who? the upper middle class and rich?

For years I had to put up with no health insurance or crappy insurance that didn't cover hardly anything. I avoided going to the doctor and dentist no matter how sick I got or how many cavities I had, I would go broke if I did. Instead of fixing my teeth I just had them pulled or just lived with broken teeth because I couldn't afford pricey dental care. Rather than get treated for illnesses and bronchitis I tried my best to suffer and just sit it out, because seeing the doctor would just bankrupt me.

My wife gets deathly sick without Iron shots, her body doesn't absorb iron. A lot of times before she met me she would just skip going to the doctor till the point she had to be hospitalized, the hospital just wrote off the medical bill because she was close to broke living off a fast food workers wages living out of a broken down 20 yr old car.

The past few years when I drove a truck were better years with better health insurance and this past year I landed a job in Social Services that is paying me about 48k a year with decent benefits. I get HMO medical, dental, and vision for both me and my wife that I pay for. My wife's place of employment only paid her 10k last year working fast food with no benefits. Even though I am making more money now, it is not enough to cover all the healthcare costs my wife and I have had to go through this past year since we both have expensive medical conditions and illnesses we had to pay for this past year, without insurance we would of been bankrupt.

Socialized medicine, even though some say the quality would not be as good, would at least be more affordable and available for more Americans.

I dont want to pay for your medical bills.

Of course. Anyone who isn't blind, partisan, or willfully stupid, knows that US has the best care in the world. People come to the US for care constantly.

People leave the US for care in medical tourism, to get a cheaper deal. They do it to save money.

People come to the US for care, because otherwise they'd die in their home countries.

Again, the problem here isn't quality- our quality is on par with other industrialized nations.

It's ACCESS.

Yes, it's totally awesome some third world Despot can fly to the US for treatment he can't get in his own country. But if Americans can't access this kind of care because their insurance won't cover it or they don't have insurance, than we don't really have the best system.

We have the worst.

I disagree with that.

If there was a problem with access, then our 5-year-survival rates should be low.

If you have a person with cancer... and they don't have access... and they die of cancer.... where do you get this idea that they are not counted? Everyone is counted.

If you die of cancer in under 5-years... that is counted in our 5 year survival rates, whether you have access or not.

You have a lower chance of dying of cancer in this country, whether you are rich or poor, than any other country in the world.

People come here from other countries, to get cancer treatment. We have people who come here from Canada. Well documented fact. We've had several members of parliament in Canada get treatment for cancer in the US.

If Access is so much worse here, and access is so much better elsewhere.... then why are people specifically coming to the US to get access??? That makes no sense.

Why is there a company.... a for-profit company, operating in Canada, specifically to get people access to care, for a price... if access is so much better there, than here?

Timely Medical | Timely Surgery at Affordable Prices

See a problem? All the evidence, contradicts your access claim.

Socialized medicine, even though some say the quality would not be as good, would at least be more affordable and available for more Americans.
Socialized medicine is immoral. You have no right to commit armed robbery. And that’s exactly what it is. Taking what doesn’t belong to you at the barrel of a gun. Literally.

100 million wetbacks fucks the averages and metrics all up. You have to factor in the wetback affect bud in almost everything.

Look, just because that girl you were stalking dated a Hispanic gentleman, you need to stop being so hysterical.

If you die of cancer in under 5-years... that is counted in our 5 year survival rates, whether you have access or not.

You have a lower chance of dying of cancer in this country, whether you are rich or poor, than any other country in the world.

We have a lower chance of dying of cancer because we often die of something else first. Cancer is what kills you when nothing else does.

People come here from other countries, to get cancer treatment. We have people who come here from Canada. Well documented fact. We've had several members of parliament in Canada get treatment for cancer in the US.

Actually, medical tourism from Canada is a myth. Far more Americans go to Mexico for affordable treatment than come to the US for unaffordable treatment.

Debunking Republican Healthcare Myths: "People Come To U.S. For Care!" — A Skeptical Human | Anton Dybal

Socialized medicine is immoral. You have no right to commit armed robbery. And that’s exactly what it is. Taking what doesn’t belong to you at the barrel of a gun. Literally.

No, guy, immoral is letting a poor child die of a treatable disease because an insurance company is greedy.

You do realize you already are, right?

Who do you think ultimately pays when low-income people get low-cost care or free treatment at high-cost emergency rooms?

Do you like the fact that you often don't pay until it's a much more expensive emergency, because they might not have full access to preventive or diagnostic services?

How economically smart is that, do you think?

Last edited:
You do realize you already are, right?

Who do you think ultimately pays when low-income people get low-cost care or free treatment at high-cost emergency rooms?

Do you like the fact that you often don't pay until it's a much more expensive emergency, because they might not have full access to preventive or diagnostic services?

How economically smart is that, do you think?

People that cant afford medical care should still get care but it shouldnt be as good as what I pay for.

That’s because 63% of people are imbeciles who don’t plan and save. People like you, who think you’re entitled to party with your money and then force tax payers to pay for your basic needs.
You are the imbecile.

I have a family member who has a catastrophic illness which has required millions of dollars of health care.

Am I an imbecile for not saving up three million dollars, fuckwit?

That’s because 63% of people are imbeciles who don’t plan and save. People like you, who think you’re entitled to party with your money and then force tax payers to pay for your basic needs.
You are the imbecile.

I have a family member who has a catastrophic illness which has required millions of dollars of health care.

No insurance?

You are the imbecile.

No insurance?
Fortunately, I served 20 years on active duty and have Tricare. Nevertheless, I have hit the catastrophic cap several times over the past decade. Most Americans could not possibly afford that kind of financial hit.

I am very lucky that I can.

I already did.
Actually, I answered the question for you. You’re too selfish and greedy to actually help someone else for once in your miserable life.
Controlling other people with the power of government doesn’t prove you care.

If you want to help the poor, clean the environment, improve the arts. Great! Please do.

But if you are compassionate, then you’ll spend your own money on your vision. You will volunteer your work and encourage others to volunteer theirs, by charity or commerce. You don’t force others to do what you think is best.
I’d tell you to try giving but it’s already clear you’re too selfish and greedy to cover healthcare for someone else in your community.

Give, Don't Govern

You have no idea the things I’ve done for my community.

I’ve done a thing called the Nathan Run for a child who was dying. Did it for ten years straight. Took no money.

I’ve played benefits for kids with special needs. Five years running. Took no money.

What have you done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Tricare insurance has a much lower co-pay than the average employer insurance. Most people have to pay 20 percent of any surgical bills.

A single surgery for my family member cost $300,000. That would have been a $60,000 bill for the average American. Unless their catastrophic cap was less than that. Nevertheless, it would be a huge financial hit.

And that was just one of many surgeries my family member has required over the past decade.

It takes a real fuckhead motherfucking asshole to put the blame of large medical stress on the people who are the victims of catastrophic illness.

I hope those fuckers all get cancer. Painful cancer. I really do. I'm looking right at you, P@triot, you fucking c*nt.

You are the imbecile.

No insurance?
Fortunately, I served 20 years on active duty and have Tricare. Nevertheless, I have hit the catastrophic cap several times over the past decade. Most Americans could not possibly afford that kind of financial hit.

What about your family member you were talking about?

You are the imbecile.

No insurance?

What about your family member you were talking about?
I am talking about an immediate family member. One of my dependents.

Health care costs have been skyrocketing for decades.

The Republican solution to this problem has been to do NOTHING and say stupid shit like P@triot does. Blame the sick for being driven into bankruptcy.

This is why single payer health care is an inevitability.

And heartless, clueless, evil dumb fucks like P@triot will have no clue it is their fault it came about.

My Tricare insurance has a much lower co-pay than the average employer insurance. Most people have to pay 20 percent of any surgical bills.

A single surgery for my family member cost $300,000. That would have been a $60,000 bill for the average American. Unless their catastrophic cap was less than that. Nevertheless, it would be a huge financial hit.

And that was just one of many surgeries my family member has required over the past decade.

It takes a real fuckhead motherfucking asshole to put the blame of large medical stress on the people who are the victims of catastrophic illness.

I hope those fuckers all get cancer. Painful cancer. I really do. I'm looking right at you, P@triot, you fucking c*nt.

Well lets see know....I've had three hip surgeries,back surgery,cancer surgery and dental implants over the last five or six years.
We didnt even notice the financial side of it because we have good insurance and a medical savings account to cover the deductible and other expenses.
Everyone is free to start a medical savings account to cover those extra expenses.

Every one of these health care topics proves that single payer in inevitable.

The heartless tards say, "Problem? I see no problem!"

And that is why UHC is coming. As sure as the sun rising tomorrow.

The tard herd has no answer for rising health care costs.

They are too stupid to figure it out. So they pretend it doesn't exist.

That's what Trumptards do about every problem. They live in a mass delusion.

They are mentally ill.

There is a free market solution. I have outlined it on here dozens of times.

But what the tards don't realize is that they have been sold down the river to single payer health care by the people they worship.

Dumbasses.

Well lets see know....I've had three hip surgeries,back surgery,cancer surgery and dental implants over the last five or six years.
We didnt even notice the financial side of it because we have good insurance and a medical savings account to cover the deductible and other expenses.
Everyone is free to start a medical savings account to cover those extra expenses.
You're lucky.

I'll give Obamacare one thing. When a sector is booming but outcomes or products aren't really improving, and the lifespan of an person who has been employed and in the top two quintiles is pretty much unchanged over the past three decades …. SOMEBODY'S MAKING A LOT OF MONEY FOR NOTHING. Follow the money, and tax the profits to lower peoples' out of pocket costs.

You're lucky.

I'll give Obamacare one thing. When a sector is booming but outcomes or products aren't really improving, and the lifespan of an person who has been employed and in the top two quintiles is pretty much unchanged over the past three decades …. SOMEBODY'S MAKING A LOT OF MONEY FOR NOTHING. Follow the money, and tax the profits to lower peoples' out of pocket costs.

Not luck really.
We planned ahead,just like paying off our homes early.
We've been putting money in our med account for 24 years because guess what? We knew we were going to get old and need it at some point.

Forum List

Back