You can't blame anyone for what happened 150 years ago, unless they are democrats

Now tell us how the Native Americans "benefited" from being hunted down, slaughtered, deliberately infected with disease, shunted off to "reservations" and in a number of cases, exterminated completely. This oughta be entertaining too.
Today's Indians aren't freezing their asses off in a teepee, nor do they still ride horses exclusively, nor do they wear indian clothes. They also shop in supermarkets, don't speak their own languages anymore for the most part... In other words, they've seen that our way of life is better and have adopted it.
Look, my ancestors were serfs in the old country, that's why they came here. Did I benefit from that? YES! Because my ancestors went through hell, I have a better life than the people still in the old country. I'm not negating anyone's sacrifice, just stating the obvious that my life is better because of what they went through, and I thank them for making the hard choices and getting me here. What don't you get?
They've seen that our way of life is better and adopted it???? Are you kidding me? Traditionally, the way of life of the white man is barbaric and sadistic, invasive and controlling. We have stolen so many things from so many people to improve our own lives. You seriously need to watch the video "The Danger of a Single Story," by a Nigerian novelist. I've actually just read two of her father's novels and in one it says that what is an abomination to some may not be seen as an abomination to somebody else. We, as white Americans tend to believe that we are better than everyone else and that our way of life is better than everyone else's. We could NOT be more wrong.

You know, at some point you're going to have to forgive yourself for the 'crime' of being born a certain skin tone.

Now tell us how the Native Americans "benefited" from being hunted down, slaughtered, deliberately infected with disease, shunted off to "reservations" and in a number of cases, exterminated completely. This oughta be entertaining too.
Today's Indians aren't freezing their asses off in a teepee, nor do they still ride horses exclusively, nor do they wear indian clothes. They also shop in supermarkets, don't speak their own languages anymore for the most part... In other words, they've seen that our way of life is better and have adopted it.
Look, my ancestors were serfs in the old country, that's why they came here. Did I benefit from that? YES! Because my ancestors went through hell, I have a better life than the people still in the old country. I'm not negating anyone's sacrifice, just stating the obvious that my life is better because of what they went through, and I thank them for making the hard choices and getting me here. What don't you get?
They've seen that our way of life is better and adopted it???? Are you kidding me? Traditionally, the way of life of the white man is barbaric and sadistic, invasive and controlling. We have stolen so many things from so many people to improve our own lives. You seriously need to watch the video "The Danger of a Single Story," by a Nigerian novelist. I've actually just read two of her father's novels and in one it says that what is an abomination to some may not be seen as an abomination to somebody else. We, as white Americans tend to believe that we are better than everyone else and that our way of life is better than everyone else's. We could NOT be more wrong.

You know, at some point you're going to have to forgive yourself for the 'crime' of being born a certain skin tone.
There is no crime in being born of a certain skin tone. The only crime is when people of one skin tone believe and preach that they are superior to others and then treat them as such. The crime is when they apply a particular value to one skin tone and a particular devaluation of another.

I had a bunch of black kids surround my car once when I was driving down my block. I supposed they were trying to see if they could scare me. They were saying something about "white." I stopped the car, opened my window and said, "Hey, did any of you get to choose what color you were when you were born?" They looked at each other. "No, you didn't," I said, "and neither did I." They all walked away.

Whites have made everyone's lives better. There's bad things happening in all societies, but whites have contributed the most to our western lifestyle, which pretty much all other cultures have adopted, or want to adopt. If the indians in the US today have it so bad, why don't they go back to living in teepees and to being hunter gatherers who stole women off of each others tribes?
Have you never heard that the native Americans were forced off of their land and forced onto reservations? Forced to essentially give up their lifestyle and traditions and become pretty much like the white man in order to survive in his world?

Perhaps they stole women from other tribes. I don't really know. But how does that differ from when a modern white man seduces another man's wife and destroys his family and hers in the process? We always think that what we do, even if immoral, is better than what other people do. Maybe because we do it more secretively or subtly.

There is no crime in being born of a certain skin tone. ....

Your posts suggest a deep, existential guilt over something.

Blacks have benefited from slavery.

Free transatlantic travel and a guaranteed job?

Yeah I see what you mean. Damn, when I cross the Atlantic I have to buy my own ticket, and then when I get there I gotta pay my own expenses. It just ain't fair. :eusa_boohoo:
Today's blacks are better off in the US than blacks still in Africa who are trying to escape to Europe every day by the boatload. It's a fact, nothing else.
I have a FB friend in Africa and I asked him about people trying to escape to Europe. Here is part of what was a lengthy response:

As for the issue of having the urge notion to escape to Europe that's to migrate to other developed countries by Africans, I think such desire to search for a better life and greener pasture is inherit and inborn desire in human beings. Africans ain't the only ones who wanna travel to Europe in search of a better life, go to Latin Americans, some part of Asia and even places like Iceland people want to escape too, due to poverty, too much natural disaster or maybe because they are adventurous. I think the issue of migrating is based on individualistic desires, so many people I know don't have intentions of leaving Africa or their various countries. So my point is that character and choice differs.

clip_image001.jpg

Even Asians have these desires too, take time out and study people from Philippines, India, Pakistan, Syria, Jordan and other poor Asian countries they all looking for opportunities to migrate for a better life, it's not just Africans. Africa is bound with riches and natural resources but it's being controlled by the bourgeois who exploits the proletariat and keep these riches to their various families without circulating them unequivocally . Employment down here are mostly based on favoritism and nepotism . Imperialism is still eating deep in Africa.

Whites have made everyone's lives better. There's bad things happening in all societies, but whites have contributed the most to our western lifestyle, which pretty much all other cultures have adopted, or want to adopt. If the indians in the US today have it so bad, why don't they go back to living in teepees and to being hunter gatherers who stole women off of each others tribes?
Have you never heard that the native Americans were forced off of their land and forced onto reservations? Forced to essentially give up their lifestyle and traditions and become pretty much like the white man in order to survive in his world?

Perhaps they stole women from other tribes. I don't really know. But how does that differ from when a modern white man seduces another man's wife and destroys his family and hers in the process? We always think that what we do, even if immoral, is better than what other people do. Maybe because we do it more secretively or subtly.
100% of indians today live in houses and wear our clothes, speak our language, eat our food... If it wasn't better than what they had, they wouldn't do it, it's a fact of life.

Blacks have benefited from slavery.

Free transatlantic travel and a guaranteed job?

Yeah I see what you mean. Damn, when I cross the Atlantic I have to buy my own ticket, and then when I get there I gotta pay my own expenses. It just ain't fair. :eusa_boohoo:
Today's blacks are better off in the US than blacks still in Africa who are trying to escape to Europe every day by the boatload. It's a fact, nothing else.
I have a FB friend in Africa and I asked him about people trying to escape to Europe. Here is part of what was a lengthy response:

As for the issue of having the urge notion to escape to Europe that's to migrate to other developed countries by Africans, I think such desire to search for a better life and greener pasture is inherit and inborn desire in human beings. Africans ain't the only ones who wanna travel to Europe in search of a better life, go to Latin Americans, some part of Asia and even places like Iceland people want to escape too, due to poverty, too much natural disaster or maybe because they are adventurous. I think the issue of migrating is based on individualistic desires, so many people I know don't have intentions of leaving Africa or their various countries. So my point is that character and choice differs.

clip_image001.jpg

Even Asians have these desires too, take time out and study people from Philippines, India, Pakistan, Syria, Jordan and other poor Asian countries they all looking for opportunities to migrate for a better life, it's not just Africans. Africa is bound with riches and natural resources but it's being controlled by the bourgeois who exploits the proletariat and keep these riches to their various families without circulating them unequivocally . Employment down here are mostly based on favoritism and nepotism . Imperialism is still eating deep in Africa.
But you don't see blacks migrating to Africa now, do you? Nobody migrates to China... So again, our civilization is better than there's is otherwise they wouldn't come here in massive numbers, and people instead would be migrating to their countries.

100% of indians today live in houses and wear our clothes, speak our language, eat our food... If it wasn't better than what they had, they wouldn't do it, it's a fact of life.

Fucking eyes-wide-shut bullshit. I've got people living around here speaking Cherokee. And proudly so, as they were doing before we got here.

Fucking eyes-wide-shut bullshit. I've got people living around here speaking Cherokee. And proudly so, as they were doing before we got here.
Ya, some still speak their old languages, no problem, so do Italians, Germans, ... who came here. So how many indians do you know who live in a teepee? Don't shop at a supermarket? Don't drive a car? Don't wear jeans?...

Forum List

Back