Zone1 You and everyone you've ever known will live FOREVER in paradise with God!

Many verses essentially say that those who follow Jesus will go to Heaven and, conversely, those who don't will face judgment and damnation.
This is serious. Please don't say "everyone knows..." or "it's all everywhere in the Bible". Please show me an actual chapter and verse.

Good, we're getting together on this.

Can we also agree that new bodies and a new world will not be like our current ones? Can we also understand that the prophesies can mean many different things like (for instance) they may be talking about the nature of how/what we'll be after death, and the prophesies may also be talking about the end of the age.

Let's not get started on how much they refer to which/both, just that they CAN refer to either/both, ok?
Our bodies will be our own. Those taken in the rapture will have glorified bodies in a instant. Those souls in Heaven will be reunited with their own glorified bodies, which is why the graves will open at that time.
Those that returned with Christ after his death on the cross were reunited with their bodies which is why their tombs were opened during the earthquake. They stayed here for 40 days then left with Christ to Heaven, where they are preparing to return with the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. Christ remains in His human glorified body and will for eternity.

Last edited:
Our bodies will be our own. Those taken in the rapture will have glorified bodies in a instant. Those souls in Heaven will be reunited with their own glorified bodies. Christ remains in His human glorified body and will for eternity.

Aren't you Catholic?

Actually it does not. It needs read, not interpreted. If a passage does need interpreted, you will find the interpretation in the Bible itself. e.g. Rev. talks about the ten horns and Daniel tells you who they are...
I know. But, as you can see by the his thread, there is no end to the ways we'll intentioned people interpret the Scriptures.

Matthew 7:21-23 for one.
In the Modern English Version, Matthew 7:21-23 says:

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonderful works in Your name?’ 23 But then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from Me, you who practice evil.’​

It does not say "those who follow Jesus will go to Heaven and, conversely, those who don't will face judgment and damnation." You can decide to believe that's what God really meant but imho that's an arrogant move. To me it says what it says.
What's your point?
I'm not making a point. You're saying things that you say are in the Bible and I have not yet seen them there. One possibility is that you haven't finished explaining what ur saying. I can be patient. Please bear in mind that there are a lot of folks that make up things that they've decided that God really meant to put in the Bible but He forgot. I don't go that route and I don't think you do either. Please help me understand what you're referring to. Maybe u'll find a better passage or maybe you'll clarify what you're saying.

Like I said, I can be patient.

Last edited:
In the Modern English Version, Matthew 7:21-23 says:

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonderful works in Your name?’ 23 But then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from Me, you who practice evil.’​

I'm not following you, brother. Sorry.

Our bodies will be our own. Those taken in the rapture will have glorified bodies in a instant. Those souls in Heaven will be reunited with their own glorified bodies, which is why the graves will open at that time.
Those that returned with Christ after his death on the cross were reunited with their bodies which is why their tombs were opened during the earthquake. They stayed here for 40 days then left with Christ to Heaven, where they are preparing to return with the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. Christ remains in His human glorified body and will for eternity.
The passage you referred to did not say that our "bodies will be our own". What it did say was "Behold, I am making all things new.” Please, let's not "improve" the sacred text.

I'm not following you, brother. Sorry.
You said that "those who follow Jesus will go to Heaven and, conversely, those who don't will face judgment and damnation" was in the Bible. I asked where. You said Matthew 7:21-23. I looked and didn't see it there and I quoted the passage. Like, you can't be adding things to the Bible so what's up?

It's important to me that when we say something's in the Bible that it's really there. I realize that this is not important to many very good people & if I'm wasting your time I apologize and I'm willing to step back.

You said that "those who follow Jesus will go to Heaven and, conversely, those who don't will face judgment and damnation" was in the Bible. I asked where. You said Matthew 7:21-23. I looked and didn't see it there and I quoted the passage. Like, you can't be adding things to the Bible so what's up?
Do you agree that, upon one's physical death, one either goes to Heaven or to Hell?

Of the churches that Christ refers to in Rev., the Catholic Church isn't even mentioned. They have way to much dogma for me...
But doesn't the verse say that Peter is the rock and Jesus is building his church on that rock?

The road to heaven is very narrow, if it exists as I believe, there is no way most will enter. I've assessed my own life and fear I will not be able to do enough to get in, being the victim of a system that rewards the dishonest and crushes ones freedoms and spirit makes it that much harder. I've prayed to the Lord many times for him to understand this. Surely he does

But doesn't the verse say that Peter is the rock and Jesus is building his church on that rock?
Yes, he did. But that is irrelevant to the Catholic Church

Because that church CLAIMS Peter (Simon) as their first "pope," doesn't make it so.

The Catholic Church became a vast organization. Christ's Church would always be a "little" flock. They are a tiny persecuted group whose beliefs and practices ARENT like the "great" churches of this world. Yes, the god of this world has his churches too.

The road to heaven is very narrow, if it exists as I believe, there is no way most will enter.
I don't know. However, Heaven is where we hope to go (as opposed to Hell) while we wait for God's kingdom on the new Earth mentioned in Revelation 21. Thereafter, ALL will be with God on the new Earth.

Have faith in God, my brother. He loves you. He created you. He understands our shortcomings and that's why he came to us through Christ and sacrificed himself for us. He is merciful and wants that all of us can be perfect and life in eternity with him.

Yes, he did. But that is irrelevant to the Catholic Church

Because that church CLAIMS Peter (Simon) as their first "pope," doesn't make it so.

The Catholic Church became a vast organization. Christ's Church would always be a "little" flock. They are a tiny persecuted group whose beliefs and practices ARENT like the "great" churches of this world. Yes, the god of this world has his churches too.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. The whole "Peter is the rock" belief is yet ANOTHER terrible Bible mistranslation, which the poster to whom I was communicating doesn't apparently understand. Hence, my question about whether or not she is a Catholic.

Matthew 16:18 English Standard Version
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Here is a better translation of the original Greek to English

Matthew 16:18 Young’s Literal Translation
And I also say to thee, that thou art a rock, and upon this rock I will build my assembly, and gates of Hades shall not prevail against it

Forum List

Back