Zone1 You and everyone you've ever known will live FOREVER in paradise with God!

As everyone is equally "alive" in "life", it is believable that the same would be the case in any "afterlife".
I for one do NOT want to live forever as I am.

My body has a finite number of atoms made up by another finite number of quarks. Therefore there is a finite number of actions they can take. If I were to live forever --an infinite amount of time-- then I'd have to undergo every single possible combination if experiences an infinite number of times.

To me that would be hell at its worst.

otoh if death exists (it's mentioned often enough in the Bible so it must exist) and if my continued existence were in a new form getting ever closer to God, then we're talking about an infinity that I'd be willing to accept. Rejoice in even.

Revelation 21:8 ESV / 1,807 helpful votes​

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Matthew 10:28 ESV / 1,596 helpful votes​

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 25:46 ESV / 1,499 helpful votes​

And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Revelation 20:10 ESV / 1,357 helpful votes​

And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Romans 6:23 ESV / 1,239 helpful votes​

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Matthew 25:41 ESV / 1,177 helpful votes​

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Revelation 20:15 ESV / 1,137 helpful votes​

And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Matthew 5:22 ESV / 1,089 helpful votes​

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

Revelation 14:11 ESV / 1,052 helpful votes​

And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

2 Thessalonians 1:9 ESV / 976 helpful votes​

They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

Matthew 13:50 ESV / 938 helpful votes​

And throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

2 Peter 2:4 ESV / 869 helpful votes​

For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment;

Revelation 20:14 ESV / 826 helpful votes​

Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Jude 1:7 ESV / 796 helpful votes​

Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Matthew 23:33 ESV / 725 helpful votes​

You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?

Mark 9:43 ESV / 721 helpful votes​

And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire.

Revelation 19:20 ESV / 704 helpful votes​

And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

Matthew 5:29 ESV / 647 helpful votes​

If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.

John 3:16-18 ESV / 639 helpful votes​

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Luke 16:19-31 ESV / 633 helpful votes​

“There was a rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day. And at his gate was laid a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, who desired to be fed with what fell from the rich man's table. Moreover, even the dogs came and licked his sores. The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried, and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. ...

Luke 16:23 ESV / 618 helpful votes​

And in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.

Mark 9:43-48 ESV / 609 helpful votes​

And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’

Mark 9:48 ESV / 599 helpful votes​

‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’

John 3:16 ESV / 578 helpful votes​

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Luke 12:5 ESV / 555 helpful votes​

But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!

Matthew 16:18 ESV / 547 helpful votes​

And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Hebrews 9:27 ESV / 539 helpful votes​

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

John 3:36 ESV / 526 helpful votes​

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Matthew 5:30 ESV / 500 helpful votes​

And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Acts 2:27 ESV / 498 helpful votes​

For you will not abandon my soul to Hades, or let your Holy One see corruption.

Daniel 12:2 ESV / 479 helpful votes​

And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Psalm 16:10 ESV / 467 helpful votes​

For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption.

Psalm 9:17 ESV / 465 helpful votes​

The wicked shall return to Sheol, all the nations that forget God.

Matthew 8:12 ESV / 450 helpful votes​

While the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Matthew 13:42 ESV / 445 helpful votes​

And throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Revelation 1:18 ESV / 440 helpful votes​

And the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

Matthew 3:12 ESV / 429 helpful votes​

His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.”

Proverbs 15:24 ESV / 429 helpful votes​

The path of life leads upward for the prudent, that he may turn away from Sheol beneath.

Matthew 18:9 ESV / 415 helpful votes​

And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire.

Luke 10:15 ESV / 401 helpful votes​

And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? You shall be brought down to Hades.

Acts 2:31 ESV / 399 helpful votes​

He foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption.

Matthew 7:13-14 ESV / 397 helpful votes​

“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Proverbs 23:14 ESV / 397 helpful votes​

If you strike him with the rod, you will save his soul from Sheol.

Matthew 7:21-23 ESV / 392 helpful votes​

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

2 Peter 3:9 ESV / 390 helpful votes​

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Jude 1:13 ESV / 379 helpful votes​

Wild waves of the sea, casting up the foam of their own shame; wandering stars, for whom the gloom of utter darkness has been reserved forever.

Forum List

Back