Zone1 You and everyone you've ever known will live FOREVER in paradise with God!

Christ was referring to men who had seen Him work miracles and were able to preform miracles using Christ's method without being a follower.
Interesting, I didn't see that part though I'm not aware of that being an issue right not.
The disciples preformed miracles also. They were signs for a specific time. According to prophesy we will be seeing signs and wonders being preformed again in the End Times. Also without the blessing of Christ...
God doesn't forget about what is in the Bible and why. He dots every I and crosses every T. There is layer upon layer in the Bible, even a computer code that depends on every letter being where it is suppose to be.
The essence of what ur saying is absolutely true, and at the same time there are many translations of the Bible --when I run into a complicated passage I go to a parallel Greek/English Bible that can help a lot. Let's also understand that there are Bible's written in Arabic that have Jesus being from "Allah" --and this is still the Word of God.

That said, I'm a lot more comfortable if I'm clear on what's in the Bible and what is not. imho saying "those who follow Jesus will go to Heaven and, conversely, those who don't will face judgment and damnation" can make sense, but let's be clear that it is NOT in the Bible and it's our own invention.

I said our bodies will be our own. I didn't quote any scripture in that post. But I can:
1 Corinthians 15:53 For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies.
Christ makes all things new because we become new creatures in Christ. It is not referring to our mortal physical bodies. We don't change into a different physical being like Big Foot or Nessie. It refers to our spirit and soul being renewed or... born again, anew...
The Bible says that we will be like Christ. Christ was resurrected in His own body, and He still has the scars to prove it.

No need for me to improve on anything. It's perfectly clear all by itself...
Ah, so when u say "our bodies will be our own" you're not saying that our bodies will be the same ones we got now but rather they'll be the new "transformed" kind --different ones. Yeah, that's what I got.

I see the Cult Club run by the Gullibles Investment Corporation continues to waffle on .
A shame that God Boy has still not turned up for his Second Coming rally.

Has he ever yet kept a promise ?

I see the Cult Club run by the Gullibles Investment Corporation continues to waffle on .
A shame that God Boy has still not turned up for his Second Coming rally.

Has he ever yet kept a promise ?
Yes. Jesus kept his promises, beginning with his promises to God. As someone who grew up in the Christian faith, I have been continually awed by the power of his teachings/words. Jesus truly is the Way into the Kingdom of God, or put another way, the Way he taught is the Way into the Kingdom of God.

One of the most memorable homilies I heard on Christ's second coming was that for most of us, like Stephen who saw Jesus as he was dying, will be upon our own death.

Is there a faith that you follow, or is it a simple matter of having no belief in God?

Ah, so when u say "our bodies will be our own" you're not saying that our bodies will be the same ones we got now but rather they'll be the new "transformed" kind --different ones. Yeah, that's what I got.
Same body you have right now. Just like Jesus returned from the dead in His original body that had been lying in a tomb prior. But it will be incorruptible. It won't age. You can eat if you want, but won't need to. You will be able to appear and disappear from one dimension to another. Same body you have right now, but with super powers, just like Christ's.
With all the torture Jesus went through the night before they hung Him on the cross, God didn't allow one bone to be broken, because Christ will be in that body for eternity.

Interesting, I didn't see that part though I'm not aware of that being an issue right not.

The essence of what ur saying is absolutely true, and at the same time there are many translations of the Bible --when I run into a complicated passage I go to a parallel Greek/English Bible that can help a lot. Let's also understand that there are Bible's written in Arabic that have Jesus being from "Allah" --and this is still the Word of God.

That said, I'm a lot more comfortable if I'm clear on what's in the Bible and what is not. imho saying "those who follow Jesus will go to Heaven and, conversely, those who don't will face judgment and damnation" can make sense, but let's be clear that it is NOT in the Bible and it's our own invention.
If there is a Bible that says Jesus is the son of Allah, the Muslims will burn it and kill the person printing it. Allah makes a big deal of NOT having a son. It says so on the Dome of the Rock.

That said, I'm a lot more comfortable if I'm clear on what's in the Bible and what is not. imho saying "those who follow Jesus will go to Heaven and, conversely, those who don't will face judgment and damnation" can make sense, but let's be clear that it is NOT in the Bible and it's our own invention
It absolutely is in the Bible. It says unequivocally that those who follow Jesus will go to heaven and those who don't face judgment and damnation. You are either for Him or against Him. In God's eyes those are the options:

"And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”​

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”​

They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might​

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.​

Same body you have right now... ...But it will be incorruptible. It won't age....
My body ages and it's corruptible. If it were transformed and made new it would be a different body. We're getting bogged down in nonsense and going around in circles. Let's move on.

If there is a Bible that says Jesus is the son of Allah,...
OK, let's understand that the Bible has been translated into Arabic. Please stop here if you disagree. An Arabic Bible will translate the word "God" to "Allah". My hope is that we're still together, but if you'd rather quarrel then I'll step back and let you be.
...the Muslims will burn it and kill the person printing it. Allah makes a big deal of NOT having a son. It says so on the Dome of the Rock....
You and I both know that you've never been to the Dome of the Rock and you also probably know that there's no sign there that says "Kill Christians here".

Jesus said He was the Son of God, and He also said He was the Son of David and the Son of Man. To me that means we must not get into a quarrel about God's testicles and how big His erection was while he was-- you've got to see how absolutely vile it gets right?

Meanwhile, let's understand that Muslims believe in Jesus. John 3:16 says "Whosoever believes in me shall have everlasting life." I understand that some Christians think that only their particular denomination will go to heaven and all others won't. My take is that's wrong, that the Bible says what it says and if we turn our back on it we're arrogant before God.

John 3:16 says "Whosoever believes in me shall have everlasting life."
This is a verse I ponder frequently. There is a lot to believe, which opens the door to beliefs that may be wrong. What, exactly, does Jesus want us to believe? He often said, "Sins are forgiven." Is this what he wanted us to believe? Is there more? Less?

Has anyone else wondered about what all Jesus intended when he said, "...believes in me..." ?

This is a verse I ponder frequently. There is a lot to believe, which opens the door to beliefs that may be wrong. What, exactly, does Jesus want us to believe? He often said, "Sins are forgiven." Is this what he wanted us to believe? Is there more? Less?

Has anyone else wondered about what all Jesus intended when he said, "...believes in me..." ?
Well it's definitely not in that verse by itself, but u probably already knew that. My take is that there was lots he go into, the beatitudes, affirming the 10 commandments while adding the two super commandments, changing the divorce law, recognition of the de facto state rulers --it goes on and on.

What stands out the most for me personally is his specific instructions for those of us two thousand years in the future --ask me about it if you want.

Yes, I would like to hear about that.
kk, so what we got is Jesus telling the disciples about things to come, they asked about more particulars and Jesus told them about it --this I'm getting from Mathew 24 so u can read along and give me ur take.. What I'm seeing is in the middle verses 14 and 15 where Jesus referred to Daniel where Daniel got into the abomination and desolation. The only place where the words abomination and desolation show up is at the end in Chapters 8 to 12.

Please let me know how ur following this.

kk, so what we got is Jesus telling the disciples about things to come, they asked about more particulars and Jesus told them about it --this I'm getting from Mathew 24 so u can read along and give me ur take.. What I'm seeing is in the middle verses 14 and 15 where Jesus referred to Daniel where Daniel got into the abomination and desolation. The only place where the words abomination and desolation show up is at the end in Chapters 8 to 12.

Please let me know how ur following this.
I think so. Do you feel there are various strands wound together in Matthew 24, speaking of different things?

1. The Day of the Lord that was prophesied before Jesus
2. The Destruction of the Temple
3. Persecution of first century Christians
4. End times
4. Parousia (or Second Coming)

I think so. Do you feel there are various strands wound together in Matthew 24, speaking of different things?

1. The Day of the Lord that was prophesied before Jesus
2. The Destruction of the Temple
3. Persecution of first century Christians
4. End times
4. Parousia (or Second Coming)
Definitely!

One example is the mention of the Gospel being preached around the world. That phrase had one meaning at that time and it took on a new meaning later. imho the entire set of prophesies was fulfilled in both cases. The prophesies of Daniel help a lot because they talk about both the short term and the long term.

What a lot of folks see is that Daniel Chapter 8 talks about the big picture where the 2,300 would take us forward a couple millenia. Later in Chapter 9 when Daniel asks for more info the Angel Gabriel (an interesting personage himself) explained the first part that foretold the date of the crucifixion of Christ --about to happen when the discussion w/ the disciples in Matthew took place.

Anyway, it's the prophesy of Christ that confirmed to me the nature of the 2,300 in the previous chapter.

We ALL get the fire (purification).

Mark 9:49 esv
For everyone will be salted with fire.

kjv is the best version.
It can depend on the passage. Sure, the KJV is pretty good & I use it most of the time, but it was written back when the English language has a third of the words it has today. All Bibles are from Greek (NT) and Hebrew (OT) and translating's not easy. You can go word by word, or translate thought by thought, some Bibles even try a paragraph at a time.
bible-translations-chart--Which+Bible+Translation+is+Right.jpg

When it's critical I find I do better w/ a bi-lingual Greek/English Bible.

It can depend on the passage. Sure, the KJV is pretty good & I use it most of the time, but it was written back when the English language has a third of the words it has today. All Bibles are from Greek (NT) and Hebrew (OT) and translating's not easy. You can go word by word, or translate thought by thought, some Bibles even try a paragraph at a time.
View attachment 768144

When it's critical I find I do better w/ a bi-lingual Greek/English Bible.
its by far the best version.https://www.kingjamesvideoministries.com/older-video-archive

its by far the best version.https://www.kingjamesvideoministries.com/older-video-archive
You may be right.

At the same time, can we agree that it would be strange for a Loving Creator to give the world a message where most who answer the call are unable to to read the language of what you're calling "the best version"?

As everyone is equally "alive" in "life", it is believable that the same would be the case in any "afterlife".

Forum List

Back