Yet another reason to go electric in vehicles

I hope sooner. One of my AH neighbors drives a Dodge Cummins. Noisy SOB.
Hell yes.
Hate them f*cking things.
It isn't the motor that is loud though, it is the aftermarket shit they put on them that makes them annoying as hell.
Back in the day at least the muscle cards had a satisfying "growl" to them and were only loud if you gave the car a lot of gas.
These fuckin things are annoying sitting still. And then they actually purposefully add things to make it also have a piercing high whistle as the same time as sounding like a shit.

I wish I could see the future, I don't know what's going to happen. But I do know what they say oil is running out. Can't wait till the last moment to switch that would be too late.
Back in the 1970s a peanut farmer named Jimmy Carter said oil was going to run out in 10 years. We are 40 years that doom prediction. Seems we just keep finding more and more energy. Yeah, maybe we might run out, but dont cut your nose off just to spite your face by increasing costs of energy to force people to move to electric vehicles.

EVs use fossil fuel electricity as well. We just don't have the infrastructure to go all EV. It makes no sense to promote them and the 'green' agenda which is a pipe dream built on a fake 'climate crisis.' EVs have a place as well as fossil fuel, stop over-hyping them. This stupid 'green' dream is causing pain at the pump and higher prices for goods and services.

Yes, DEMAND should always determine market changes, NOT POLITICIANS.
Yes, only if it is legitimate demand and not some fake 'demand' that politicians come up with. There is no real demand for EVs today because the infrastructure does not exist and they still use fossil-fuel electricity when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow.

Yes, only if it is legitimate demand and not some fake 'demand' that politicians come up with. There is no real demand for EVs today because the infrastructure does not exist and they still use fossil-fuel electricity when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow.
When the big auto makers start making only electric vehicles the infrastructure better already be in place. It is part of Biden's build back better plan, and I believe my state plans on putting electric pumps. So the process has already started. Change is the only thing we can depend on in this life.

We dont even know how much oil we have, dude. Nor do we know how much we will need. There is no "stats & statistics"
Your own article says all reserves will be used up by 2067. Then an oil Man says we don't know how much more is left in the Earth. I'm pretty sure by now most of the big reserves have been found. Unless, we wait until all the ice melts in Greenland and Antarctica and discover more big deposits down there. But by that time the Earth will have changed so much from using oil that exploiting more of it from the earth we're just plain be totally asinine.

When the big auto makers start making only electric vehicles the infrastructure better already be in place. It is part of Biden's build back better plan, and I believe my state plans on putting electric pumps. So the process has already started. Change is the only thing we can depend on in this life.
Build Back Better is D.O.A. They're talking about stripping it out of infrastructure. It will take a long time to transition to all EV. In the meantime, it makes no sense to stop drilling and stop making gas fuel cars. Both can co-exist and IF EV's are indeed better because there is a legitimate market demand (not some stupid build back better crap) the market should be the entity to decide.

We dont even know how much oil we have, dude. Nor do we know how much we will need. There is no "stats & statistics"
That 48 year estimate is based on current usage not future usage. And usage has gone up every year, except for last year when the pandemic slowed the whole world down. So that 48-year estimate will probably be shortened more and more as time goes on.

Build Back Better is D.O.A. They're talking about stripping it out of infrastructure. It will take a long time to transition to all EV. In the meantime, it makes no sense to stop drilling and stop making gas fuel cars. Both can co-exist and IF EV's are indeed better because there is a legitimate market demand (not some stupid build back better crap) the market should be the entity to decide.
If we can't even reach a consensus on our infrastructure to save ourselves then we are really screwed.

That 48 year estimate is based on current usage not future usage. And usage has gone up every year, except for last year when the pandemic slowed the whole world down. So that 48-year estimate will probably be shortened more and more as time goes on.
You are ill informed.

You may have read that the world's oil supply will run out in a few decades. In the early 80s, it was not uncommon to read that the supply of oil would be gone for all practical purposes in just a few years. Fortunately, these predictions weren't accurate.

We Will Never Run Out of Oil​

At least not in a physical sense. There will still be oil in the ground 10 years from now, and 50 years from now and 500 years from now.​

Now, go soak your head, your hair is afire.

The future catastrophe, maybe.
Either way you look at it. That is a real possibility. I think the changes we have to make are going to even more severe and more personal than deciding how we are going to fuel our societies. There has to be fundamental change if we're going to survive.

Either way you look at it. That is a real possibility. I think the changes we have to make are going to even more severe and more personal than deciding how we are going to fuel our societies. There has to be fundamental change if we're going to survive.
Likewise the more severe that change is the more personal we change our attitude towards life on this planet the greater the chances or that we will not only survive but we will flourish and reach our destiny.

Your own article says all reserves will be used up by 2067. Then an oil Man says we don't know how much more is left in the Earth. I'm pretty sure by now most of the big reserves have been found. Unless, we wait until all the ice melts in Greenland and Antarctica and discover more big deposits down there. But by that time the Earth will have changed so much from using oil that exploiting more of it from the earth we're just plain be totally asinine.
SMH. Read it again. You dont understand what you are talking about.
A basic calculation reveals that if proved reserves didn’t grow, and if consumption remained constant at 2019 levels, it would take only about 48 years — meaning some time in 2067 — to exhaust those reserves.

The trouble is, proved reserves only represent the oil that a given region can theoretically extract based on the infrastructure it has planned or in place. This is only “the tip of the iceberg,” says Steven Grape, who works with proven oil reserves for the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA).

In other words, technology has a big impact on what’s considered a proved reserve.

Forum List

Back