Yet another reason there is a shortage of truckers

There's no shortage of truckers and the protest in Ottawa is over. Time to let it all go.
Who cares about truckers when the world could be on the brink of war?
Who cares about Truckers?

Trudy does as he seized all their assets and cancelled them from society..

The US federal government certainly does not and cares nothing about the shortages around the country.

But without the blood or urine test, how does anyone know when you smoked it?
if they are legalizing it then they had better come up with a test for that......which i am sure they are....you can tell if one is high and has smoked it that day.....the next day and next week you cant...

True, there are no blood tests taken to see if people are drinking, rather, they just make you do a test if pulled over for driving funny.

About 15000 people die every year for drunk driving.

So you think pot smokers should be treated the same?
I used to have an SO that was a pothead who also occasionally indulged in alcohol consumption. Since I used neither, I was able to be an unimpaired observer. He drove MUCH better when he was toked up than when he'd been drinking.

The US federal government certainly does not and cares nothing about the shortages around the country.
Good argument for 86-ing the stupid "vaccine" mandates and just letting everyone get back to work as normal.

if you were in the middle of nowhere and seriously hurt with no cell phone service and the hospital was 30 miles away and there were 2 people with you,one had drunk a six pack and the other had smoked a bowl full....who do you throw the keys too to get you to the hospital?...

I got news for you, a big reason for the shortage on labor is because pot is legal. I don't know why that would be news though, that should be common sense.

That he did for the few truckers who ignored the law and have most likely lost their trucks, their licenses, and their freedom to walk the streets.
Probably true.
Do you think there's going to be a trucker protest in America soon? There's no doubt that big trucks make a huge impression by creating the illusion of it being a large protest movement.

A mere 75 or so trucks in Ottawa could become 750 big trucks or more in Washington!

And we know now that Trump was supportive of the convoy in Canada! Will he be as supportive of having one in Washington?

If he encourages that to happen, will he be stopped and arrested for inciting a revolution??

Pot.

That's right everyone, as the state legalizes pot there are more and more people smoking it, but when they do, they cannot drive a truck.

So what is to be done here?
Weed isn't the problem: no matter what state you're in the DOT says smoking weed is illegal. Drivers are subject to random urine samples as enforcement. Drivers use too much alcohol sometimes as well and that will show if the company tests for it.

I speak form thirty years of experience as a front end driver. The problem with drivers today is that the wages and benefits have bottomed out so people don;t want to own their own trucks anymore and there aren't enough trucking companies out there with enough drivers to handle the back log form the container yards.

Brokers have taken over the independent trucking industry. That is to say that owner operators don't farm their own work anymore; the broker sends his sales people out for accounts and the broker hires drivers as independent contractors and pays a percentage: there's just not enough to make a living anymore for most of these guys, so now's the time for the Teamsters to jump back into the driver's seat and turn the industry back around to the strength it had.

Pot.

That's right everyone, as the state legalizes pot there are more and more people smoking it, but when they do, they cannot drive a truck.

So what is to be done here?
Remove pot from disqualification requirements for truckers.

It's less destructive and dangerous than alcohol but they don't test for alcohol consumption.

if you were in the middle of nowhere and seriously hurt with no cell phone service and the hospital was 30 miles away and there were 2 people with you,one had drunk a six pack and the other had smoked a bowl full....who do you throw the keys too to get you to the hospital?...
Neither. There is enough beginners on the road already......I support zero tolerance for drivers. Brother in law does it. Guy is a master electrician and should be on easy street but somehow can't manage to put in a full week.

Neither. There is enough beginners on the road already......I support zero tolerance for drivers. Brother in law does it. Guy is a master electrician and should be on easy street but somehow can't make it to work for a full week.
so you lay there and die?.....and i knew guys who smoked it daily after work and missed no more work than anyone else.....and are doing pretty good these days....the guys i knew who missed a lot of work were the ones who did other harder shit besides pot..

True, there are no blood tests taken to see if people are drinking, rather, they just make you do a test if pulled over for driving funny.

Yes. You dont get near as bad as alcohol but you are still impaired. It isnt right.
Your rights end at my nose.

Nope: a random test given at the barn or in a clinic can check to see if there is a blood alcohol level as well. I worked with a guy who came in at 6am, got called for a random, peed and then blew something like a 1.9 - he was immediately fired.

They should not drive intoxicated, but what if they do? Should the state monitor their activity to ensure they don't, or just fine or jail them when they kill someone?

And if you are smoking dope, is it safe to drive? And if not, for how long after you smoke should you drive?
Lose their license, be barred from ever driving commercial again and go to jail for a minimum of one year.

Same should be done with them when they are drunk.

Why is this so hard to understand? It legality is not connected with the legal use of it on the roads.

Force them to smoke a big fat one, and then take the driving test.

My nieces are bus drivers and have never been recreational users, but they both have restless leg syndrome, possibly caused or exacerbated by long hours sitting and driving. I wish they could use cannabis because it's very good medicine for RLS. Although I hate the idea of anyone driving under the influence, I think truckers should be able to use if they're at least eight hours from getting behind the wheel.
Cinchona bark.. tonic water helps some people with restless leg syndrome. I made some from bark then tried it and it works.

Cinchona bark.. tonic water helps some people with restless leg syndrome. I made some from bark then tried it and it works.
Ahhhhh!!!!! Thanks! I know that there is a good brand of tonic water that contains quinine. I use it for my night time leg cramps. I'll check and see if their locals stores carry the good brand I use.

Neither. There is enough beginners on the road already......I support zero tolerance for drivers. Brother in law does it. Guy is a master electrician and should be on easy street but somehow can't manage to put in a full week.
Company is training heavily. Think most of the biggies are. Another prob is there is an avalanche of guys closing in on retirement.

We have truckers...we don't have enough union truckers...and some states forbid nonunion truckers from picking up goods at union ports and union stores....change the crazy union forced rules and get the goods moving again....

How does the govt monitor alcohol intake? Eesh :rolleyes:
Apples and oranges. There's a scientifically accepted methodology for determining the rate of metabolism for alcohol from the time of consumption, such that if a person tests 0.08 or above BAL, it can be determined whether the person was considered legally intoxicated at the time an accident or traffic stop occurred.

The same cannot be said for THC. Someone can test positive for THC metabolites, but because it is fat soluble, and metabolites can remain present for more than a week, there is no way to reliably determine whether the person injested a THC containing substance hours ago or days ago, and hence no way to determine whether the person was under the influence of THC at the time of an accident or traffic stop. That's why THC positive tests are generally inadmissible in civil cases involving motor vehicle collisions. There's one particular metabolite, 11-nor-9-carboxy-THC, that is present for a much shorter time, and we've actually tried to proffer expert testimony establishing a methodology for determining time of intoxication (similar to the chart used for alcohol), but it's an unsettled area of law, with most courts not willing to accept it at this point.

Also, the only reliable test for THC is GC/MS, which is more expensive and takes longer than the common cheap tests, which use the immunoassay (IA) method that is far less reliable, and frequently renders false positives.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back