Yes, I'm a Conservative, But SOME Rent Control IS Necesary

Landlords don't buy from business owners?
1637420066808.png

Those business owners who sell to landlords are a drop in the bucket compared to all business owners (who are suffering losses from huge drops of disposable income > ie, SALES$$$) And those business owners who DO sell to landlords are ALSO losing sales, because their sales to landlords will stay the same, but sales to everyone else will drop.
99% of businesses will suffer. Sorry to disappoint. I don't snow easily.

Do you really think that people in high level positions in government actually read the letters from constituents?

Sorry pal, but if you’re looking to the government to solve any of your problems, you are looking in the wrong place.
The posting here isn't for effect on the governor. It is to further display the essence of the problem. As for your idea about government, in some cases you are right. In other cases you are dead wrong.

A few years ago, I was having trouble contacting the Florida Dept of Children & Families. For a month & a half, couldn't get them on the phone. I called then state representitive Sean Harrison's office. Spoke to an aide. The NEXT DAY, I got a call back from DCF.

Also, 5 states have rent control laws, controlling rents. Dozens of cities have them also.

Yes, they would be paid to do nothing, while others work 40+ hours a week to live. Whether the capital circulates or not is irrelevant. You making it sound as though it were a good investment for the economy ignores the damages done to pay for it.

Soaking the tax payers for $2.5 billion just so people can live a good life without working is simply immoral. You require others to work so you can sit on your ass. And then have the audacity to demand that there be no means testing? lol Start buying lottery tickets. Your chances are better.
You miss the point of all those persons with 30k to spend. Even taxing only one percent would generate $300 in general taxes from all those millions of persons.

View attachment 566454

Those business owners who sell to landlords are a drop in the bucket compared to all business owners (who are suffering losses from huge drops of disposable income > ie, SALES$$$) And those business owners who DO sell to landlords are ALSO losing sales, because their sales to landlords will stay the same, but sales to everyone else will drop.
99% of businesses will suffer. Sorry to disappoint. I don't snow easily.

You also don't understand math or economics. Typical liberal.

The posting here isn't for effect on the governor. It is to further display the essence of the problem. As for your idea about government, in some cases you are right. In other cases you are dead wrong.

A few years ago, I was having trouble contacting the Florida Dept of Children & Families. For a month & a half, couldn't get them on the phone. I called then state representitive Sean Harrison's office. Spoke to an aide. The NEXT DAY, I got a call back from DCF.

Also, 5 states have rent control laws, controlling rents. Dozens of cities have them also.

You should check out HUD properties for seniors.

That is why they need to be upgraded. It doesn't matter if they are expensive, they are going to generate revenue to offset the cost. All of our Post ports need to be upgraded for modern times.

I agree they need to be upgraded. But I think you want the upgrade to facilitate your fantasy of getting paid $31,200 for doing nothing.

And yes, the revenue will offset the cost, but not for decades.

I agree they need to be upgraded. But I think you want the upgrade to facilitate your fantasy of getting paid $31,200 for doing nothing.

And yes, the revenue will offset the cost, but not for decades.
Those are two separate issues and we could issue "junk" bonds to cover both since we already know how we are going to generate revenue to pay for it.

Upgrading Postal service operations first can help provide demand and supply considerations along with metrics for optimization for a more cost effective general rollout.

And, since the general government has to do it anyway, why not optimize the postal service to help reduce costs for the private sector while generating revenue?

Upgrading Postal service operations first can help provide demand and supply considerations along with metrics for optimization for a more cost effective general rollout.

And, since the general government has to do it anyway, why not optimize the postal service to help reduce costs for the private sector while generating revenue?
Because the postal system has never operated efficiently, it’s always wasted money. The smartest thing the government could do would be to eliminate the subsidies to the postal service and open all mail delivery to competition from carriers like UPS and FEDEX. To survive the postal service would have to get rid of its deadwood.

Because the postal system has never operated efficiently, it’s always wasted money. The smartest thing the government could do would be to eliminate the subsidies to the postal service and open all mail delivery to competition from carriers like UPS and FEDEX. To survive the postal service would have to get rid of its deadwood.
Your opinion doesn't matter.

Congress is already delegated the social power;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads; "along with Post canals and Ports."

Because the USPS is already losing enough money. No politician will bring forward a bill costing hundreds of billions of dollars for something that will not show a profit during his career.

And if we do manage to issue bonds, upgrade the ports (without the USPS, since they have zero experience) and the revenue increases, the money should go to other things besides making the UC into some welfare program. I mentioned a few of those other things in a previous post.

Forum List

Back