Yep, it's escalating

We are a country that by design, gives the minority power as well as the majority. Pure Democracy is mob rule. This is why our founders designed our Senate the way it is. Each state gets two Senators, and it doesn't matter if you live in Rhode Island or Texas. You each get equal Senate power.

Here is a county map of the last presidential election:

View attachment 145914

What you are saying is that all those tiny blue sections should be able to have control and power over those large red sections. How is that fair? Because a President isn't just President of the people, a President is also the President of land as well.

The population of New York City is about 8.5 million people. The population of the entire state of Idaho is 1.5 million people. That means in a pure democracy, it would take more than five whole states the population of Idaho to equal the voters of one single city in the US.

So we decide to get rid of the EC and go to popular vote only. You live in Nebraska, a population of less than 2 million people. Now, a problem arises on garbage disposal. Landfills near cities like New York are filled, and you need to send that garbage somewhere while keeping your voters in NY happy. Well why not send the garbage where you live in Nebraska? After all, your votes are virtually worthless in a Democracy election. Or maybe they want someplace to store nuclear waste? Maybe your state experiences a series of tornados that wipes out several communities. Why should a President send any federal aid to you in Nebraska? He would rather spend federal money to CA to study the effects on a rare tit mouse when windmills are installed.

The Electoral College method makes the concerns of all states important to a leader--not just where he can get the most votes.

Electoral vote is a joke, even Trump said that. We have to respect the will of the majority...like all modern day democracies...now you have most of the country unhappy and a president that father's to only his 20 some percent base.
When I hear his speeches all I see, is him trying to make those who voted for him happy even though so far lot of empty promises.

And you didn't address one point I made about why we have the electoral college. Sure, it benefits you because your state would have much of the control of who gets to be President, but what if you lived in a much less populated state where your vote would be virtually worthless? Would that be fair to you?
Of course....dontnwe consider the US as one unit? We ask all Americans who they want and we go by the majority. So we don't have a person who is hated by most and was elected by 20 some percent of the population. Why would a 1 million Nebraskans decide over the 6th biggest economy in the world and the most populous state? And a state that helps other states with is federal taxes?

Without the EC there'd be no reason for most to vote. The east, west coast & Chicago with decide the POTUS.
And that's where the most successful, educated, open minded, smart, compassionate, accepting people live....maybe just maybe the red neck states they need to get on the 21st century train.

You ignorant bigots are all full of it. I live in a solid blue state and see it all over the US, the left is intolerant unless you agree with them, the left is not compassionate if you don't agree with them. Most educated? Look where California hits on the list and then tell us some more of your lies.

List of U.S. states by educational attainment - Wikipedia

2017’s Most & Least Educated States

Just maybe you need to quit being a condescending asshole and realize that it takes all fifty states and all American to make us a great country.

Got some more stupid lies to try to tell? You seem to have at least one lie per post.

I agree with some of what you said...but racism was a big driving force behind It as well. Trump targeted minorities, and promised to ban Muslims, put all Mexicans in one basket except some like he said. Even the white nationalists and the KKK rallied behind him. Hate crimes are on the rise, and racial tensions are also. In the 20 years that's I've lived here, I've never seen this bad.
In my opinion the US should abolish how it elects its president and just go by popular vote....is just doesn't make sense that the majority has to suffer the consequences of a bad choice by the minority.

We are a country that by design, gives the minority power as well as the majority. Pure Democracy is mob rule. This is why our founders designed our Senate the way it is. Each state gets two Senators, and it doesn't matter if you live in Rhode Island or Texas. You each get equal Senate power.

View attachment 145914

What you are saying is that all those tiny blue sections should be able to have control and power over those large red sections. How is that fair? Because a President isn't just President of the people, a President is also the President of land as well.

The population of New York City is about 8.5 million people. The population of the entire state of Idaho is 1.5 million people. That means in a pure democracy, it would take more than five whole states the population of Idaho to equal the voters of one single city in the US.

So we decide to get rid of the EC and go to popular vote only. You live in Nebraska, a population of less than 2 million people. Now, a problem arises on garbage disposal. Landfills near cities like New York are filled, and you need to send that garbage somewhere while keeping your voters in NY happy. Well why not send the garbage where you live in Nebraska? After all, your votes are virtually worthless in a Democracy election. Or maybe they want someplace to store nuclear waste? Maybe your state experiences a series of tornados that wipes out several communities. Why should a President send any federal aid to you in Nebraska? He would rather spend federal money to CA to study the effects on a rare tit mouse when windmills are installed.

The Electoral College method makes the concerns of all states important to a leader--not just where he can get the most votes.

Electoral vote is a joke, even Trump said that. We have to respect the will of the majority...like all modern day democracies...now you have most of the country unhappy and a president that father's to only his 20 some percent base.
When I hear his speeches all I see, is him trying to make those who voted for him happy even though so far lot of empty promises.

And you didn't address one point I made about why we have the electoral college. Sure, it benefits you because your state would have much of the control of who gets to be President, but what if you lived in a much less populated state where your vote would be virtually worthless? Would that be fair to you?
Of course....dontnwe consider the US as one unit? We ask all Americans who they want and we go by the majority. So we don't have a person who is hated by most and was elected by 20 some percent of the population. Why would a 1 million Nebraskans decide over the 6th biggest economy in the world and the most populous state? And a state that helps other states with is federal taxes?

If we are one unit as you claim, then California is a part of the largest economy in the world, and they aren't the majority of the US economy either. Clinton would have been elected with what 22% of the population? That isn't any better. What would be better is if everyone eligible to vote, would vote. The American people that didn't vote are to blame, not the people that voted.

I was using the same argument with the other fella. But if it was a real democracy Trump should never be a president, he would be just another clown on TV and tabloids.

I disagree, a driving force wasn't racism, that was the left wing mantra. The driving force was an dissatisfied working middle class Americans that treats them with no respect.

As far as I'm concerned you have no real right to complain about an election that you were not interested enough to vote but now complain about our system? Lol!

Like I tell all you nuts, you don't like the way we elect our Presidents? Then change it, but most of you don't do a damn thing and then cry. Sorry, you want to complain about our elections? Then get off your lazy ass and participate in them.

I agree with some of what you said...but racism was a big driving force behind It as well. Trump targeted minorities, and promised to ban Muslims, put all Mexicans in one basket except some like he said. Even the white nationalists and the KKK rallied behind him. Hate crimes are on the rise, and racial tensions are also. In the 20 years that's I've lived here, I've never seen this bad.
In my opinion the US should abolish how it elects its president and just go by popular vote....is just doesn't make sense that the majority has to suffer the consequences of a bad choice by the minority.
First off, I didn't support or vote for Trump, I saw through his BS just like I saw through Obama's. I am telling you why people voted for Trump. They knew they were going to get screwed by Clinton, just like they have been since Reagan.Trump was a wild card and provided a hope of possibly something different. That was it! It wasn't racism, or ignorance that made them to decide to vote for Trump, it was hope of something different and a chance for their voice to be heard. Clinton represented every candidate that didn't listen to the working middle class. That is why Trump is in office and no one else. I was a statement by those the politicians took for granted. He defeated 18 Republican and a Democrat.

Trump is a crook and a liar on a huge scale. I'm not a big fan of Hillary but at least she acts and talks like an adult....trump emboldened the racists, the bullies, the crooks, and the liars...and send daily messages that it's ok to be all of that and still suck at what you do as long as you have dumb cheerleaders.
So now he wants to shut down the government ? What happened to Mexico will pay for the wall?

Not voting for a candidate is a statement. None was qualified.

How did that work out for you?
Wonderful....historians, the whole world and generations to come will remember us as those he didnt follow the clown and disnt fall for his fake populist lies.

View attachment 145914

Without the EC there'd be no reason for most to vote. The east, west coast & Chicago with decide the POTUS.
And that's where the most successful, educated, open minded, smart, compassionate, accepting people live....maybe just maybe the red neck states they need to get on the 21st century train.

Of please.... grow the fuck up with that stupid shit.... CA is bankrupt, NY is headed that way, Illinois can barely pay its bills, etc. If this is what "says"smart you are hopeless.

Of please.... grow the fuck up with that stupid shit.... CA is bankrupt, NY is headed that way, Illinois can barely pay its bills, etc. If this is what "says"smart you are hopeless.
Your president was bankrupt how many times? :)

View attachment 145914

If we are one unit as you claim, then California is a part of the largest economy in the world, and they aren't the majority of the US economy either. Clinton would have been elected with what 22% of the population? That isn't any better. What would be better is if everyone eligible to vote, would vote. The American people that didn't vote are to blame, not the people that voted.

I was using the same argument with the other fella. But if it was a real democracy Trump should never be a president, he would be just another clown on TV and tabloids.

We are a Republic not a Democracy. We never were a Democracy.

I disagree, a driving force wasn't racism, that was the left wing mantra. The driving force was an dissatisfied working middle class Americans that treats them with no respect.

As far as I'm concerned you have no real right to complain about an election that you were not interested enough to vote but now complain about our system? Lol!

Like I tell all you nuts, you don't like the way we elect our Presidents? Then change it, but most of you don't do a damn thing and then cry. Sorry, you want to complain about our elections? Then get off your lazy ass and participate in them.

First off, I didn't support or vote for Trump, I saw through his BS just like I saw through Obama's. I am telling you why people voted for Trump. They knew they were going to get screwed by Clinton, just like they have been since Reagan.Trump was a wild card and provided a hope of possibly something different. That was it! It wasn't racism, or ignorance that made them to decide to vote for Trump, it was hope of something different and a chance for their voice to be heard. Clinton represented every candidate that didn't listen to the working middle class. That is why Trump is in office and no one else. I was a statement by those the politicians took for granted. He defeated 18 Republican and a Democrat.

Not voting for a candidate is a statement. None was qualified.

How did that work out for you?
Wonderful....historians, the whole world and generations to come will remember us as those he didnt follow the clown and disnt fall for his fake populist lies.

No it won't, it won't remember you at all other than a large part of the voting population than wasn't interested enough to vote. You do realize there were more than just two candidates.

View attachment 145914

With an EC, it gives Nebraskans a vote in the future of this country. With the current system, those 1, 2, 3 million citizen states have a voice because of the electoral votes they represent to a candidate. Without those EC votes, the people in those states would be meaningless to a presidential candidate or a sitting President. If some sort of disaster took place, why would a sitting President give two shits about them? It's their problem, not his. If he lost every vote in a 2.5 million citizen state, what would he care? Excluding non-voters and children that couldn't vote, it would mean losing maybe 500,000 votes next election or for his party.

View attachment 145914

With an EC, it gives Nebraskans a vote in the future of this country. With the current system, those 1, 2, 3 million citizen states have a voice because of the electoral votes they represent to a candidate. Without those EC votes, the people in those states would be meaningless to a presidential candidate or a sitting President. If some sort of disaster took place, why would a sitting President give two shits about them? It's their problem, not his. If he lost every vote in a 2.5 million citizen state, what would he care? Excluding non-voters and children that couldn't vote, it would mean losing maybe 500,000 votes next election or for his party.
Then why would the majority suffer because of the minority?

Yup it's escalating. The disintegration of the Trump presidency is happening right before our eyes..

Issa explains you cannot be racist if "you're a minority", and declares it life experience.

Here's two of MANY examples of active racism, and you know, they're pretty much all conservatives:

You shouldn't be so obvious what a racist you are..
It's unseemly.

View attachment 145914

How would the majority be suffering? The EC puts the minority on somewhat the same level as the majority so we all (somewhat equally) have a voice in this country.

How would the majority be suffering? The EC puts the minority on somewhat the same level as the majority so we all (somewhat equally) have a voice in this country.
Which proved to be a messed up system in too many occasions, Bush's election and now Trump.

Which proved to be a messed up system in too many occasions, Bush's election and now Trump.

No, because there was nothing wrong with Bush's elections and there isn't anything wrong with Trump's election. We've been voting the same way for centuries now, and the only reason the left is complaining is because they lost. If Hil-Liar would have won, the left would be boasting how the system worked the way it should have just like they we're saying when DumBama first won.

Even the Democrat leaders understand the reason we vote the way we do. But they can't tell you the truth. They have to lie to their supporters so the wind doesn't get knocked out of their sails. They have to convince you one way or another that America is turning liberal, it's just that Republicans cheat to stop that advancement. If they ever told you the truth, some of your ilk would stop coming out to vote. Don't you think there is a pattern with all these lies?

* Hillary lost because Russia rigged the election.
* Trump really didn't win because of the popular vote.
* Hillary lost because of James Comey.
* Hillary lost because Trump got way more media attention.
* Republicans are in leadership only because of gerrymandering.
* Bush won because he had buddies who worked for Diebold that made the voting machines.
* Gore lost because of hanging chads.
* Gore lost because the Supreme Court gave Bush the election.

I mean.......... it couldn't be more obvious unless it walked up and slapped you in the head. It's leftist propaganda is all it is. Because as I said, if they ever told you the truth which is America is rejecting Communism/ Socialism/ liberalism, their voters would be so bummed out some would quit voting. And when they lose the next presidential election, we will be treated to more excuses as to why they lost instead of why their candidate couldn't compete in a fair and honest election all playing by the same set of rules.

View attachment 145914

In America it is the voice of minority is just as important as the voice of the majority. Civil Rights, gay rights would never be heard however because of the way we elect our officials the minority is heard.

Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Kennedy were not elected by the majority of the people. If you don't voice you forfeit your vote for choice. So you are an empty voice because you decided to protest your voice. Congrats! You did this to yourself and have no right to complain.

It isn't messed up, it is the way American want it. If you don't like it, then get off your butt and work to change the Constitution.

Bush didn't mess up anything except the left wing nuts who blame Bush for anything under the sun.

Looks like Trump has his hands full. We do as well.

The latest tactic brought to you by the liberal elite: Demonstrators Pull Down Confederate Monument in Durham

PINO Trump has his hands full of a lot of nothing. He does nothing.

Destroyers of public property should be prosecuted only if local prosecutors believe that would be best for their community.

The rest of the country should stay out of it.

I'm sure Durham has a local freed slave hero or underground railroad hero that would be better honored in the public space.

No, because there was nothing wrong with Bush's elections and there isn't anything wrong with Trump's election. We've been voting the same way for centuries now, and the only reason the left is complaining is because they lost. If Hil-Liar would have won, the left would be boasting how the system worked the way it should have just like they we're saying when DumBama first won.

Even the Democrat leaders understand the reason we vote the way we do. But they can't tell you the truth. They have to lie to their supporters so the wind doesn't get knocked out of their sails. They have to convince you one way or another that America is turning liberal, it's just that Republicans cheat to stop that advancement. If they ever told you the truth, some of your ilk would stop coming out to vote. Don't you think there is a pattern with all these lies?

* Bush won because he had buddies who worked for Diebold that made the voting machines.

I mean.......... it couldn't be more obvious unless it walked up and slapped you in the head. It's leftist propaganda is all it is. Because as I said, if they ever told you the truth which is America is rejecting Communism/ Socialism/ liberalism, their voters would be so bummed out some would quit voting. And when they lose the next presidential election, we will be treated to more excuses as to why they lost instead of why their candidate couldn't compete in a fair and honest election all playing by the same set of rules.

Bush Jr terms were one of the worst, 2 wars and left the economy on Its knees.
You forgot to mention:
Trump was calling the elections "rigged.
Trump also said the EC is outdated.
Trump called the Electoral college a disaster.

It isn't messed up, it is the way American want it. If you don't like it, then get off your butt and work to change the Constitution.

Bush didn't mess up anything except the left wing nuts who blame Bush for anything under the sun.
Bush went to a war based on lies, left us with a ruined economy....even Trump is no fan of Him and criticized him on numerous occasions.

Bush Jr terms were one of the worst, 2 wars and left the economy on Its knees.
You forgot to mention:
Trump was calling the elections "rigged.
Trump also said the EC is outdated.
Trump called the Electoral college a disaster.

The economy collapsing was decades in the making any person that follows the economy would tell you it was in trouble back in the mid 90's and a huge recession was imminent. It was not a matter of if, it was a matter of when.

Forum List

Back