What the heck is happening with Google?

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
What the heck has happened with Google? Now when I search hardly anything comes up. I got a text that is likely phishing or scam so I searched the phone number and only got a few foreign sites and no phone number searches at all. It is weird. It was a dozen entries in total. Where I used to get thousands of results, now it is dozens with about 50% "sponsored".

I am not a happy customer. Maybe I should go full Karen on them.

What the heck has happened with Google? Now when I search hardly anything comes up. I got a text that is likely phishing or scam so I searched the phone number and only got a few foreign sites and no phone number searches at all. It is weird. It was a dozen entries in total. Where I used to get thousands of results, now it is dozens with about 50% "sponsored".

Was it one search entry or multiple?

You've had a lot of practice. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

I am sure you'll get their attention.
ChampBelt2.jpg

They are changing their algorithm yet again and optimizing it for AI generated returns. So far it seems like a stepped up version of their pay to play search returns of yesteryear except instead of getting pushed down, websites are being disappeared.

I'm visioning the screen and know what you're experiencing.
I've had the same issue in the past but I changed the key search words.
I tried just straight numbers. then with parentheses around the area code, then with dashes.

I tried just straight numbers. then with parentheses around the area code, then with dashes.
Of course. I know exactly the issue. You would think as powerful Google search is it would decipher that especially with an area code for the first 3 digits.

I never really used google in the first place, just used it when I needed to find time specific things.

But now I use Bing, it's better. Google doesn't give much. But Bing, sometimes you type something in, then it ignores you totally.

They used to, that is what is so aggravating:(

As I indicated above, they are disappearing returns. Started in March and then was expanded a couple days ago. A lot of businesses are losing money because google is redirecting searches away from their sites. Supposedly part of the reasoning is that there were too many sites clogging up returns by optimizing their sites to land higher in the google returns than they should have been. Might as well start using Bing.

You should blow Google off, and use DuckDuckGo. You are probably the victim of their new Artificial Intelligence. The Duck can get you the answers you need and isn't nearly as snoopy as Google. I dumped them a long time ago.

I never really used google in the first place, just used it when I needed to find time specific things.

But now I use Bing, it's better. Google doesn't give much. But Bing, sometimes you type something in, then it ignores you totally.
Bing is good? That's the first I heard of that. I guess I'll try it. I don't like any of the search engines. Even DuckDuckgo is goofy now.

There is nothing wrong with your search engine. We repeat: There is nothing wrong with your search engine. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... AI Without Limits.

Forum List

Back