Yemen: Why is the war there getting more violent?

you don't have to rule with an iron fist.
that invokes the kind of hatred that will be your downfall, against you.
oh----I RULE WITH AN IRON FIST?----like china? "great russia"? ----uhm
the " 'holey' Roman empire " ?

oh----I RULE WITH AN IRON FIST?----like china? "great russia"? ----uhm
the " 'holey' Roman empire " ?
i'm not a betting man, but if i had 100 spare bucks i'd gladly bet that you're a pathetic unipolarist ostrich.
that means you rule with an iron fist, but are so self-deluded that you think you're a reasonable person.

i'm not a betting man, but if i had 100 spare bucks i'd gladly bet that you're a pathetic unipolarist ostrich.
that means you rule with an iron fist, but are so self-deluded that you think you're a reasonable person.
how interesting------can you define UNIPOLARIST? -----as to "rule with an iron fist"---
well----nope

how interesting------can you define UNIPOLARIST? -----as to "rule with an iron fist"---
well----nope
were you supportive of the 2nd Iraq war? the one about supposed WMDs?

a uni-polarist thinks the western form of government is the only really valid way of governing a country,
although a uni-polarist can work with other forms of government that want to cooperate with it.

were you supportive of the 2nd Iraq war? the one about supposed WMDs?

a uni-polarist thinks the western form of government is the only really valid way of governing a country,
although a uni-polarist can work with other forms of government that want to cooperate with it.
I only rarely self reveal on the net----but will for YOU----I did not support the
Iraq war------my solution to Iraq was----ASSASSINATE SADAAM----my solution
to Nazi Germany would have been ASSASSINATE Adolf. I would be happy if someone
would assassinate POOTIE. A bullet in the head of BASHAR would be good too. It
is not clear to me what "THE WESTERN FORM OF GOVERNMENT" is

I only rarely self reveal on the net----but will for YOU----I did not support the
Iraq war------my solution to Iraq was----ASSASSINATE SADAAM----my solution
to Nazi Germany would have been ASSASSINATE Adolf. I would be happy if someone
would assassinate POOTIE. A bullet in the head of BASHAR would be good too. It
is not clear to me what "THE WESTERN FORM OF GOVERNMENT" is
thank you.
but here's a news-flash for you : assasinating the top leader of a movement / political party only strengthens that movement / party.

and the western form of (modern) government is the media that reports on the actions and words of government leaders and the business world, interspaced with ads that follow the trend of the decade.
at least that's how i define it.

I should have added----Iraq was, INDEED, working on WMD----and actually engaged
in MD (ie mass destruction) against Kurds to the north and Shiites in the south----
and had ambitions in the field of biologicals and even nuclear weapons----Sadaam
was a maniac Baathist

you disable a movement / political party or group by attacking the idealogical foundations of that movement, not by "kills".
only when that movement (like the Nazis, or terrorists) chooses to engage in war with you, are "kills" even justified!

I should have added----Iraq was, INDEED, working on WMD----and actually engaged
in MD (ie mass destruction) against Kurds to the north and Shiites in the south----
and had ambitions in the field of biologicals and even nuclear weapons----Sadaam
was a maniac Baathist

Bush launched the 2nd Iraq war without UN approval and without even his own people providing intelligence reports about Iraqi WMD programs.
The United States asserted that Hussein's frequent lack of cooperation was a breach of Resolution 1441, but failed to convince the United Nations Security Council to pass a new resolution authorizing the use of force.[5][6][7] Despite this, Bush asserted peaceful measures could not disarm Iraq of the weapons that he alleged it possessed and he launched a second Gulf War instead. A year later, the United States Senate officially released the Senate Report of Pre-war Intelligence on Iraq which concluded that many of the Bush Administration's pre-war statements about Iraqi WMD were misleading and not supported by the underlying intelligence.

thank you.
but here's a news-flash for you : assasinating the top leader of a movement / political party only strengthens that movement / party.

and the western form of (modern) government is the media that reports on the actions and words of government leaders and the business world, interspaced with ads that follow the trend of the decade.
at least that's how i define it.
nope----assassinating the head maniac has proven very effective historically----remember
JIM JONES?......... the media is your main issue?

nope----assassinating the head maniac has proven very effective historically----remember
JIM JONES?......... the media is your main issue?
my main issue is that western forms of governments don't allow (via a push of uni-polarism) other forms of government their regional space in their own backwaters!
the media are doing fine.

and no, i don't recall any Jim Jones. what did he lead?

my main issue is that western forms of governments don't allow (via a push of uni-polarism) other forms of government their regional space in their own backwaters!
the media are doing fine.

and no, i don't recall any Jim Jones. what did he lead?
Jim Jones lead "THE PEOPLES TEMPLE"----which was developed in Guyana by
an american---to wit, JIM JONES. You must be very young

Jim Jones lead "THE PEOPLES TEMPLE"----which was developed in Guyana by
an american---to wit, JIM JONES. You must be very young
this is the first time i've heard of him alright.
and yeah, sounds like assassination worked in that case.
but i doubt assassination(s) would've kept the nazis from their plans.
or terrorists.

but engaging them in public discussion rather than personal combat, has proven far more useful to me.
i spent the entire war on terror trying to keep that in check and end it.
i wasn't the only 1 working for peace of course.
and we got it to work, for now.

alQuada and ISIS and derivatives thereof realize there's no convincing people via forums or social media possible.
but they're expanding in sub-Saharan Africa via their old ways; imams preaching hatred and opression to kids and adults on streetcorners and in small "mosques".

this is the first time i've heard of him alright.
and yeah, sounds like assassination worked in that case.
but i doubt assassination(s) would've kept the nazis from their plans.
or terrorists.

but engaging them in public discussion rather than personal combat, has proven far more useful to me.
i spent the entire war on terror trying to keep that in check and end it.
i wasn't the only 1 working for peace of course.
and we got it to work, for now.

alQuada and ISIS and derivatives thereof realize there's no convincing people via forums or social media possible.
but they're expanding in sub-Saharan Africa via their old ways; imams preaching hatred and opression to kids and adults on streetcorners and in small "mosques".
good luck----BUT----I is old and not at all optimistic -----remember ISLAM is
a religion with many millions of followers------if you have not done so---READ THE
KORAN---and understand that from the muslim POV----anything muhummad did
is considered HOLY and the candyland shortcut to JANNAH. Nazi is not a religion

good luck----BUT----I is old and not at all optimistic -----remember ISLAM is
a religion with many millions of followers------if you have not done so---READ THE
KORAN---and understand that from the muslim POV----anything muhummad did
is considered HOLY and the candyland shortcut to JANNAH. Nazi is not a religion
radical islam is as fundamentally flawed a set of ideas as nazi-ism was.
it's just that the Afghans managed to kick us out and thus form yet another country where radical islam flourishes.
and droning every hate preaching imam to death is also not going to save us (we'll invoke the anger of his students that way), we'll have to give them the internet and face them with moderators and people like me on open and well advertised forums.
only then do we stand any real chance.

radical islam is as fundamentally flawed a set of ideas as nazi-ism was.
it's just that the Afghans managed to kick us out and thus form yet another country where radical islam flourishes.
and droning every hate preaching imam to death is also not going to save us (we'll invoke the anger of his students that way), we'll have to give them the internet and face them with moderators and people like me on open and well advertised forums.
only then do we stand any real chance.
oh----you attended Sunday school----good boy. Study history----The
Inquisition was mediated by Sunday school kids

oh----you attended Sunday school----good boy. Study history----The
Inquisition was mediated by Sunday school kids
the Inquisition was first resisted and then abandoned, even without an Internet.

an ideology flourishes (or persists, or perishes) based on the overall strength of it's foundations, and that of it's followers and leaders.
the Inquisition, Slavery, Feminist Rights, LGBTQ+ rights, they were all introduced at the foundational level as an idealogy, and curtailed or abandoned via the same mechanism.

Nazi-ism started a war (on far too many fronts at the same time), and was defeated by means of war as well.
We've reached a truce (or rebuilding phase) with the terrorists.

but that does not mean we should treat the Iranians or Russians like the Nazis.
the Russians are trying to hold on to that naval base that protects the Black Sea (from their perspective).

and the Iranians are looking to regains some of their old empire status.

in a multi-polar world view, such things are, under negotiable conditions, possible.
in a uni-polar world view, they're not possible.

the Inquisition was first resisted and then abandoned, even without an Internet.

an ideology flourishes (or persists, or perishes) based on the overall strength of it's foundations, and that of it's followers and leaders.
the Inquisition, Slavery, Feminist Rights, LGBTQ+ rights, they were all introduced at the foundational level as an idealogy, and curtailed or abandoned via the same mechanism.

Nazi-ism started a war (on far too many fronts at the same time), and was defeated by means of war as well.
We've reached a truce (or rebuilding phase) with the terrorists.

but that does not mean we should treat the Iranians or Russians like the Nazis.
the Russians are trying to hold on to that naval base that protects the Black Sea (from their perspective).

and the Iranians are looking to regains some of their old empire status.

in a multi-polar world view, such things are, under negotiable conditions, possible.
in a uni-polar world view, they're not possible.
so sorry I didn't get past your first sentence-----"THE INQUISITION WAS RESISTED" ---
by whom? where did you get that idea------it was even IMPORTED to the Americas.
You need to learn some history and the TRENDS that defined it. Your approach to
JIHADISM is------"let's wait for the ideology to die on its own"?

so sorry I didn't get past your first sentence-----"THE INQUISITION WAS RESISTED" ---
by whom? where did you get that idea------it was even IMPORTED to the Americas.
You need to learn some history and the TRENDS that defined it. Your approach to
JIHADISM is------"let's wait for the ideology to die on its own"?
the Inquisition was resisted and that resistance directly led to the current 'seperation of church and state' conditions found in most/all Western countries.

and my approach to jihadism is to just give them the internet and face them on idealogical grounds,
as well as to remain vigilant in physical anti-terror work.

Forum List

Back