Yeah! No Gold for US women's soccer team, the spoiled, unappreciative brats

You believe in the Constitution, that's funny. 3/4 of the US government violates the Constitution.

You love this country like any leach loves it's host
What the fk does that mean? What does that have to do with our athletes? Were you dropped on your head as a child? That could explain your posts. My sympathies :itsok:

It's sick that this is actually a political thread. I'm a long time supporter and new time hater of the United States women's soccer team. They have no idea what the world is like or how lucky they are. I hope they lose the bronze medal game too.

I'd rather lose every game 50-0 with a team of athletes who love their country

It's quite sickening that even the Olympics aren't spared from wokeism. The whole idea is to stand with good sportsmanship while the playing of national anthems goes on, even if it is from Russia, China, or, God forbid, the US. The Olympics aren't even immune from being used for political purposes.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
you suck it the fuck up and do what's right.
No, if they think it's right for them to take a knee in protest? Who decide what is right? You? Trumpyberra? Don't you just want them to conform? But fact of the matter is I'm not watching them for their political perspective. It's kind of like old Terrible Ted Nugent. I absolutely hate his political opinions but I have never turned off 'Stranglehold' because of it.

The whole idea is to stand with good sportsmanship while the playing of national anthems goes on, even if it is from Russia, China, or, God forbid, the US.
John_Carlos,_Tommie_Smith,_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

If these two were from the USSR or China what do you think their fate would have been for raising their fists?

What the fk does that mean? What does that have to do with our athletes? Were you dropped on your head as a child? That could explain your posts. My sympathies :itsok:
Whoa, I hit a nerve! Magnus loses it and starts throwing things! Calm down, you're going to get a coronary! Wow, you have a temper.

Fucking fag.

Most of the Federal government directly violates the 10th Amendment. You don't give a fuck about the Constitution, you want free shit

No, if they think it's right for them to take a knee in protest? Who decide what is right? You? Trumpyberra? Don't you just want them to conform? But fact of the matter is I'm not watching them for their political perspective. It's kind of like old Terrible Ted Nugent. I absolutely hate his political opinions but I have never turned off 'Stranglehold' because of it.

If they were protesting election fraud for Trump then suddenly you would get it, hypocrite.

The Olympics should be a reprieve from politics. For Democrats, everything is politics. It's just the way you are. Everything is political to you, you're fascists

While they have the right to protest I have the right to enjoy watching them lose. And I do.

Exactly. They are fully aware that protesting the country is a purely divisive act. Democrats are just lying. Can you imagine if they were protesting election fraud on behalf of Trump? All these faux live and let live leftists would be losing it

Were they celebrating or protesting? It looks like they were celebrating. No one would have objected to Russians doing that. You're just making shit up

As the American athletes raised their fists, the stadium hushed, then burst into racist sneers and angry insults. Smith and Carlos were rushed from the stadium, suspended by the U.S. team, and kicked out of the Olympic Village for turning their medal ceremony into a political statement. They went home to the United States, only to face serious backlash, including death threats.

However, Carlos and Smith were both gradually re-accepted into the Olympic fold, and went on to careers in professional football before retiring. Norman, meanwhile, was punished severely by the Australian sports establishment. Though he qualified for the Olympic team over and over again, posting the fastest times by far in Australia, he was snubbed by the team in 1972. Rather than allow Norman to compete, the Australians did not send a sprinter at all.

It's sick that this is actually a political thread. I'm a long time supporter and new time hater of the United States women's soccer team. They have no idea what the world is like or how lucky they are. I hope they lose the bronze medal game too.

Me too. Bring back Mia Hamm and team 1999.

• Thanks
While they have the right to protest I have the right to enjoy watching them lose. And I do.
Sounds like a personal problem.
If they were protesting election fraud for Trump then suddenly you would get it, hypocrite.

The Olympics should be a reprieve from politics. For Democrats, everything is politics. It's just the way you are. Everything is political to you, you're fascists
1972 forever stained the Olympics as a target for political activism of all kinds.

As the American athletes raised their fists, the stadium hushed, then burst into racist sneers and angry insults. Smith and Carlos were rushed from the stadium, suspended by the U.S. team, and kicked out of the Olympic Village for turning their medal ceremony into a political statement. They went home to the United States, only to face serious backlash, including death threats.

However, Carlos and Smith were both gradually re-accepted into the Olympic fold, and went on to careers in professional football before retiring. Norman, meanwhile, was punished severely by the Australian sports establishment. Though he qualified for the Olympic team over and over again, posting the fastest times by far in Australia, he was snubbed by the team in 1972. Rather than allow Norman to compete, the Australians did not send a sprinter at all.

What does 60s black power have to do with Russians celebrating? Seriously, make a coherent point

What does 60s black power have to do with Russians celebrating? Seriously, make a coherent point
Say Kaz you're reverting to idiotic obtuseness kind of early ain'tcha?

Those two were reviled for that Black Power symbol, but we got over it. No so much for the Athlete from down under.....

Fuck both those Mexico City asshole communist.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oy, oy, oy!

• Thanks
Say Kaz you're reverting to idiotic obtuseness kind of early ain'tcha?

Those two were reviled for that Black Power symbol, but we got over it. No so much for the Athlete from down under.....

I was alive, but hadn't started kindergarten in 1968. Why would I remember that?

Still not seeing any point.

That you had to go back 53 years to find an example of politics in the Olympics seems to support that they have been pretty free of politics

I must have missed it, did the women's soccer team include some dudes and/or were they protesting the country which is code for unhappy lesbians?

I disagree. Flipping someone off is a gesture of disrespect, not taking a knee and bowing ones head.
And I disagree with you. Taking a knee intentionally says in effect, we don't respect your flag, country,
and laws. It's like a slap in the face.

And if you feel that way, that's your privilege. But doing it while representing the nation you
detest is hypocritical and disrespectful of your own team.

Protest off field...not on.

Forum List

Back