WWJD?

Jesus lived in chaotic times. Taxes were forcing the poor to sell their land, which of course was scooped up at low prices by the rich. The poor became the same as serfs, peasants. Some of the Jewish religious leaders at the time (Annas/Caiaphas) were in league with the Romans. Wealthy businessmen the same.

Jesus focus was on every day people and everyday life--how to keep peace in your home, as small as it was, among your family and friends. Let love, peace, and healing spring from oneself, not from empire rulers. Jesus was not a warrior. David was.

Our giant today is the bureaucrats, their bureaucracies, and the lobbyists in DC. These giants are so strong, so powerful, not even most Presidents dare stand in their way. In 2016, I was not voting for Jesus to go to Washington, but David. DC was deserving of a giant slayer, even when his Bathseba affair and concubines were the talk of the town.

While David is busy slaying giants, I would like to be at the feet of Jesus learning how to bring love and peace into my own home, workplace, and community.
Jesus focus was on every day people and everyday life--

did he tell them they were hopeless sinners - at least not till the 4th century.

their mission was liberation theology, at least till the 4th century.

the state religion of the roman empire - forgot to mention why he gave their life, in futility for who then wrote that book.

Or homosexuality is reviled but wealth, greed, gluttony ignored
I'm not wealthy, greedy or gluttonous but God is clear about two guys doing perverted things together. There will be a price to be paid, not only in this life, but for all eternity

Don't talk about God if you pick and choose

I'm not wealthy, greedy or gluttonous but God is clear about two guys doing perverted things together. There will be a price to be paid, not only in this life, but for all eternity

Don't talk about God if you pick and choose

Many many sins were punishable by death. Homosexuality was just one of dozens.

No, but that's irrelevant to the point that I was making.

Maybe you don't understand my point. Here it is so that even you could understand:

Jesus doesn't give a rat's ass over who sits in the white house!

Satan ruled the Roman Empire, not Jesus

Well, actually:

"Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve."

Notice one thing. Jesus never contested the fact that "all the kingdoms of the world" were indeed Satan's property. If you know anything of history there is a direct chain of causes and effects from the kingdoms Satan presented to Jesus, and the nations of today.

Last edited:
Well, actually:

"Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve."

Notice one thing. Jesus never contested the fact that "all the kingdoms of the world" were indeed Satan's property. If you know anything of history there is a direct chain of causes and effects from the kingdoms Satan presented to Jesus, and the nations of today.

Will you explain that to me?

Thanks. and Jesus wrote this conversion down?
I just quoted Matthew 4:8-10. Noted what was said, and what was not said. Of those kingdoms Satan showed, did Jesus jump up and say: "Hey! You can't give me that one! It's already mine!"

Last edited:
I just quoted Matthew 4:8-10. Noted what was said, and what was not said. Of those kingdoms Satan showed, did Jesus jump up and say: "Hey! You can't give me that one! It's already mine!"

Bothers me.. Matthew wasn't there either.

Just trying to show, from their Bible, that Jesus doesn't give a damn about earthly politics, and neither should His followers.

It appears he was concerned about the Roman occupation in the sermon on the mount. When I read it I think he was trying to avoid civil war and the destruction of Jerusalem.

So….that’s why God hit the Trump regime with a pandemic….
Pretty sure it was Democrat-Chinese moles that took an aerosol in to the White House and released it. They don't call him China Joe for nuthing.

2016 Democrats used Russia, and for the 2020 election they allied with China.

Its really that simple.

Maybe you don't understand my point. Here it is so that even you could understand:

Jesus doesn't give a rat's ass over who sits in the white house!

As long as they love and care about Him, their country, and their people. Biden doesn't fall into either of those categories.

As long as they love and care about Him, their country, and their people. Biden doesn't fall into either of those categories.
Anyone of the disciples could have stepped forward and claimed to be Jesus ...

loving and caring ...

the itinerant was unknown to the romans and was kissed by a stooge ... the loving did not stop there. following the correct path will have detractors. tdw.

defining their liberation theology was antithetical to both clergy and local bureaucracy the roman gov't would have come latter.

Forum List

Back